Non Bloating foods

Stokes765
Stokes765 Posts: 2 Member
Hello all,
It seems like no matter what I eat or drink I am bloated. Can you please recommend any and everything to reduce and stop feeling bloated every day?

Thanks

Replies

• lgould8
    lgould8 Posts: 6 Member
    I recently started apple cider vinegar, 1 T in glass of water, twice a day. It helps with bloating and keeps my blood sugar levels lower. Yes, I cringe to swallow it, but I'm getting used to taking it with vitamins.
  • MaryCassatt
    MaryCassatt Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2021
    I started following the FODMAP food schedule. There’s a lot of healthy food that I was eating, but causing me to bloat. Now, I stick to the low FODMAP food list and it seems to be working. The “eat this” list has many things I already eat, and eliminating the “don’t eat this” foods seems to be working for me. I also found Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar capsules on Amazon. Drinking ACV can be difficult for anyone. :)
  • @igould8 - what about the vinegar pills? I found some on Amazon.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    To combat bloat -I agree with a low FODMAP diet. Also, if you look at your diary.. are you eating a lot of foods that could cause gas build up?

Bloat and water retention are 2 different things.. but sometimes I notice people using the term interchangeably.. so I recommend also looking at sodium intake.

☘️
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 836 Member
    I don't eat gluten anymore. I stick to unprocessed foods about 90 percent of the time, and try to keep my grams of carbs to 150 per day. I have a flat belly if I am compliant. Otherwise, my stomach swells, and I look like I am pregnant.
  • tonyparkinson60
    tonyparkinson60 Posts: 1 Member
    check you don't suffer from helicobacter
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Chronic bloating can be a sign of something more serious. You should consult your doctor.
  • Hi! Of course if it really seems to be bothering you I would mention it to a health professional but I would suggest trying probiotic supplements. I was struggling from chronic bloating and they have definitely helped! :)