Weight No More - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited September 2021
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Yesterday was the most steps I have ever gotten. I went for a walk and then came home and learned how to use the lawn mower. My husband said I got a lot of steps because I have little legs. I also got a lot of blisters on my hands. I'm hoping someone in my house feels better next week to mow the grass.

My hands always hurt for a couple days when I mow. I hope your family is feeling better soon!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Twyla77
    Weigh In Day: Sunday Sept 12
    Previous Weight: 147
    Today’s Weight: 148.4

I rejoined the gym, and I’m starting tomorrow! I sure hope I can get back into the routine, wish me luck!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    I had a crazy weekend of hiking, biking, eating and drinking. I weighed myself and I’m 147 pounds this morning ! Five pounds heavier than Friday!
    I need to start tracking calories again. Im looking forward to doing that everyday this week.
    Good job team getting second place last week.! Let’s go for it again this week or next!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Hi Ashley, I'm overwhelmed by work after my holiday and I'm not in a good place to track anything. As you know, no scales nor Fitbit on holiday so no numbers... I will need a week or two (or three) to get back on track. Could you please put me in the cheer squad ?

@Antiopelle -

Absolutely. Not a problem. I'll check in at the end of the month and see if you're in a better spot to rejoin the weight-loss team. We'll be here for you no matter what.

Thanks Minstrel. I did a weigh-in this morning and it was terrible... I'll stay on the cheer side for the rest of the month but I started to log again this morning. I'll still be able to get to my goal weight before end of year, so that is my new goal now. I'll rejoin in October :smiley:
  • Antiopelle
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    ~~ September Week Two ~~

And if anyone is feeling particularly inspired by this powerful group of walkers, I propose the following challenge (sequel):
    5k Challenge!

Walk a 5k or more (approx 3.1 miles), and snap a couple pictures to share with the group! Let's try to get this done within the next week or two, deal?
    umqbdk7t5p34.jpeg
    gnays88p30eb.jpeg

Wow, both the woods and you look terrific !
  • Antiopelle
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    I was good today, went to the Dollar Tree and the first items inside the door are Halloween candy. Made me crave some candy corn. I thought about it and walked away. Bought myself a candle shaped like an acorn instead. That won't add any weight to my bones! And I considered baking some brownies today - have not done that yet either.

That is some commitment, way to go !!
  • Antiopelle
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Yesterday was the most steps I have ever gotten. I went for a walk and then came home and learned how to use the lawn mower. My husband said I got a lot of steps because I have little legs. I also got a lot of blisters on my hands. I'm hoping someone in my house feels better next week to mow the grass.

I hope everyone in your family is feeling better meanwhile. Take care!
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    AMA3387
    Monday 9/13/2021 weight in
    PW 218.6 lbs
    CW 216.8 lbs

Steps
    9/6 16,913
    9/7 1,928
    9/8 2,371
    9/9 2,986
    9/10 5,479
    9/11 7,516
    9/12 6,652
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    step count
    9/5 4478 - 1.6 mi
    9/6 7835 - 2.8
    9/7 8101 - 2.8
    9/8 7193 - 2.5
    9/9 6089 - 2.1
    9/10 8735 - 2.9
    9/11 7156 - 2.5
    9/12 6553 - 2.2

These numbers are higher than I thought they'd be!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hey @hope002 !

Did you want to change your weigh day? Your current weigh day is set for Monday, so maybe I missed a request to change it? Let me know!

Yes, you are right, it's Monday, as I want it to keep me more accountable during the weekend. But sometimes I go way over(like this weekend). So I wait a few days, for my weight to go back to normal, before posting it, otherwise I would bring down our team numbers a lot without actual reason. Please let me know if it's not a good idea and I will change my weigh in day to Wednesday
  • Antiopelle
    Get well soon @kandi3570 !
    You are vaccinated & young and healthy, so you should be fine even if it doesn't feel that way now.
    9ud6d37ecsed.png
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Thank you! @1theresamcvean it is a long journey. I think success begins with seeing it as that. I appreciate your kind words.
    @minstrelofsarcasm could you add my starting weight of the challenge? It was 222.4 on August 29th of 2020 my first official weigh in here. My highest weight ever was 268.8. But that was 2 years before joining.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited September 2021
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Thank you! @1theresamcvean it is a long journey. I think success begins with seeing it as that. I appreciate your kind words.
    @minstrelofsarcasm could you add my starting weight of the challenge? It was 222.4 on August 29th of 2020 my first official weigh in here. My highest weight ever was 268.8. But that was 2 years before joining.

@kandi3570 - Do you want us to use your official weigh-in here as your starting weight, or would you rather we use your highest ever weight for milestones?

Also, please feel better soon!

hope002 wrote: »
    Hey @hope002 !

Did you want to change your weigh day? Your current weigh day is set for Monday, so maybe I missed a request to change it? Let me know!

Yes, you are right, it's Monday, as I want it to keep me more accountable during the weekend. But sometimes I go way over(like this weekend). So I wait a few days, for my weight to go back to normal, before posting it, otherwise I would bring down our team numbers a lot without actual reason. Please let me know if it's not a good idea and I will change my weigh in day to Wednesday

@hope002 - That makes sense. As long as your weigh-in comes in before Sunday, it shouldn't be an issue. I'll just keep it in mind for future weeks.
  • kandi3570
    @minstrelofsarcasm my starting weight here is fine. Thank you!
  • kandi3570
    @ljdanny if you have to mow again next week wear a pair of garden gloves. It should help with the blisters. Make sure they fit you correctly though, if they are too lose it may make the blistering worse.
    I’m glad your husband is home. And I hope everyone else stays healthy enough to avoid the hospital!
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member

SW - 152
    PW- 147.4
    CW - 149.6

Step Count
    Wed 09/08-5,822
    Thur 09/09-4,782
    Fri 09/10-5,873
    Sat 09/11-3,830
    Sun 09/12-601 ( battery died on fitbit)
    Mon 09//13-3,840
    Tues 09/14-6,336

Well this is a bit discouraging but not surprising. Wine removes all semblance of discipline and feeling sorry for myself leads to drinking more wine. Also there is some water retention involved. I went to bed with my rings loose and woke up with them squeezing my finger and almost impossible to remove.
    I also suspected that last weeks weight was a fluke-onwards and no more w(h)ine!
This discussion has been closed.