Mission Slimpossibles - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 Yes men will totally use MFP as a dating/hook-up place. I have this group set in my toolbar so I rarely click the main page and yesterday I did and I had 6 friend requests. All from men. I will always look at their profile and if they have nothing written and the only friends, they have are women then instead of being their friends, I become friends with the decline button. One dude even had a naked woman as his profile pic. Definitely a decline on that one! When I send a friend request to someone, I will also include a message. I expect the same from most people.

Hi Team! Just a quick check in because I’m tired. Today was a good day as far as exercise, food, and the sugar challenge went. Hubby had an appointment with his audiologist, which he has neglected to go for several years and his hearing aids haven’t’ been working. No, it’s his ears that are worse. So, now he has to get new ones, and spending the money is hurting his soul, but I’m insisting. The audiologist said that in elderly people, and my husband is 78, that mental decline can often be a direct correlation with hearing loss. Well, that can’t happen!!

SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY
    1. Log Food 100% (Cal 1400 or less, Protein 95+ grams): Calories were 1206 and protein 123 grams.
    2. No Sugar (less than 5 grams of added sugar): 14.3 natural sugar and .05 added sugar
    3. Exercise (BOD program or church cleaning):Let’s Get Up weight program, plus 10 minute bonus for bicep, booty, and legs
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Thanks for the advice and insight. I appreciate it and will take a better look when people ask to be my friend.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member

Username Jan110144
    Weigh-in day - Wednesday
    8/24 - 153
    9/2 - 153
    9/9 - 149.3

In the 140's now. 15 pounds to goal. Am weighing daily now. Do find it easier for me to deal with fluctuations. Although I have been at 149.7 for 3 days (so I know it is a "real" loss not just a blip). Typically. I stay at the exact same weight for a number of days before showing a change, which sometimes is a blip up and then a loss. Bodies are strange,!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Weigh in day. Wednesday
    Username: Renaegry
    PW:163.2
    CW: 164.0
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @TeresaW1020 That's interesting about the mental decline and hearing loss. I'm glad you are putting your foot down and making him get new hearing aids!

@jan110144 Way to go! Yeah, bodies are strange lol.

Hi all. I was so hungry at work in the afternoon but I did not go to the cafe or the vending machines. Today, I will be sure to pack some Babybel light cheeses and grapes to snack on.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 186.8
    CW: 187.2
  • renaegry
    @TeresaW1020 My son will be 16 at the end of October. He is playing senior 9 man football.

Yesterday got my 5 km walk in during football practice and today did walk/jog intervals. Feels good to get it in before 7:30 am eating was good yesterday. Slowing getting back on track. Hope to get in a 10 min abs workout at some point today as well.
  • tammymccrady6278
    Back to work today and feel like I needed another day off lol. Yesterday I dug out my entire front flowerbeds ( it was the same from previous homeowners). Just wanted to put things in that I enjoyed. I love colour. The bed was all different hostas. Got a bunch of flowers transplanted into the bed. Totally happy with my work and exercise level but wow I hurt in places I had forgotten had muscles lol. I guess shoveling and digging use a lot of different areas.

Hope everyone has a great day !
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi, After the celebrations this weekend, now I only have a short week to get back on plan. Exercise good, food tracked today. I don't like where my weight is after the weekend, but we'll see what the scale says Friday. All sweets are gone from my house!

Lisa
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/07
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: yes
    7000 steps: yes
    45 min exercise: yes
    30 min walk: yes
    Below 20g carbs: yes
    Below 20g sugar: yes

09/07
    Plank 2.25 minutes forearm plank
    3x 45 sec

45 min isometric exercise
    64 min walk ( 1.98 miles walk with 🐶)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @jan110144 Yup, bodies are strange. Mine does the same sort of thing and drives me nuts but we just gotta accept it. :)

@trooworld Wow what a great NSV not to go to the café or vending machines even though you were hungry. Yes, bring your snacks! :)

@renaegry You are doing great getting back on track. B) Do you find that your eating is better during the day when you can do a workout early?

@Tammymccrady6278 Gardening is definitely great exercise and you will have something lovely to look at as you run your sore muscles. :)

@Cornanda Good job on getting the sweets out of your house. Just do the best you can and accept what Friday will be. <3

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I went and trained for the bookkeeper job at the church. There sure is a lot to learn! Next week, we start with me actually doing the work and being directed. I think I will learn it much better by actually doing it. Food was good today and I stayed away from sugar! :)

SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY
    1. Log Food 100% (Cal 1400 or less, Protein 95+ grams): Calories were 1451 and protein 137 grams.
    2. No Sugar (less than 5 grams of added sugar): 10.0 natural sugar and zero added sugar
    3. Exercise (BOD program or church cleaning):Let’s Get Up weight program, plus 10 minute bonus for bicep, booty, and legs
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Quick question, is anybody else getting more fried requests lately? They seem legit new people but I went from 1 every 2 months, to 1 every 2 days.
    Is end of the summer a busy time in MFP?
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 155.4
    CW. 155.4

Sadly but not surprisingly I maintained. I had been stressed out most of the week, I find I can go off the rails with stress. I put the brakes on yesterday and got back on track, but it was disappointing:(. I was looking forward to getting back to the gym this month (it has been almost 2 years, I seriously miss the gym) but our numbers are skyrocketing here. UGH 😩
  • dawnhill1266
    dawnhill1266 Posts: 9 Member
    User name: dawnhill1266
    PW: 217.5
    CW: 218

So many factors played into this weight gain. On to another week 😊
  • jan110144
    @laurelfit57 I miss the gym too. Unfortunately, I am in a state with less than great vac rates and the gym is full of people in the age range less likely to get vaccinated. Not sure when I will go back. In the meantime, I have gotten a home rowing machine (my favorite gym activity) and have strength and stretching routines I do at home. Not quite the same, but it is working.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes it was but ask me if I avoided the vending machines yesterday? LOL I brought snacks and I still ended up going to the vending machines. I let myself get too hungry before I ate a snack and I bought some peanut butter filled pretzels from the vending machine. :/ Ugh. I'm confident you will learn what you need to and be a great bookkeeper! I learn by doing things, too.

@GabiV125 Yes! I noticed that, too. I don't know what is going on? Where are these people coming from? LOL

@laurelfit57 Have you tried going for a walk when you are stressed instead of reaching for something to snack on? That's great you were able to put the brakes on.

@dawnhill1266 Hang in there.

Hi all. I'm doing "okay". I had something from the vending machine yesterday which was a disappointment but the good news is that 2 out of 3 days, I had nothing from the vending machines! I'm off early today and then am off until Tuesday. I'm very happy and hope to do fun things.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • jan110144
    User name: dawnhill1266
    PW: 217.5
    CW: 218

So many factors played into this weight gain. On to another week 😊

Sounds like you actually did a pretty good job during a tough period.. Not much of a "gain" ... fits well within the normal daily fluctuations.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 356 Member
    Good morning all! Sorry I've been away a bit. Had the "Big 60 Birthday" yesterday and it was a wonderfully blessed day. Hubby treated me like the queen that I am. :)

In my head "renewing my commitment" sounds like a broken record but I am as of today. Birthdays make you evaluate many things and being healthy is one of them. I appreciate this site so much. I think I was trying to do too much and just became overwhelmed. It's a new day and I'm ready to live it. Blessings to you all and let's go get it!! B)
  • renaegry
    Up at 445 every morning for sons football practice. Starting to catch up with me. Just got in a 3.64 km 35 min walk this morning. Plan on doing some bench presses and an ab workout sometime this morning.

@TeresaW1020 thanks. The one good thing with you so early is earlier bed which helps on the evening snacking. Not home till 9am so that’s when I get breakfast in. Rest of the day seems to stay on track.

@GabiV125 yes I have noticed. Have had 5 in last few days. I usually only accept the ones that have a profile pic that looks legit. Once friends browse thru fees. Then decide whether to keep or delete.
  • tammymccrady6278
    Thank goodness I don’t have vending machines where I work or I’d be struggling too. 2 out of three days is good. It’s more forward than back right?!

There have been a lot of friend requests lately. I’m in Ontario Canada and out gyms are open here but a lot of people are still really cautious what with the variants.

My kids were in high school football and I remember having to get up really early for practices. You sound like a proud mum.

I’m having a good day today so far. It’s a beautiful fall day today and I truly believe it’s reflecting on my outlook today. Maybe the scale will reflect it on Saturday haha. Have a good one all
This discussion has been closed.