Just starting

legsnaz
legsnaz Posts: 3 Member
I've been on MFP before, but just didn't stick with it. Went to WW and lost my 30lbs. Loved WW, but for some reason its not working for me anymore. I have put 7-10 lbs back and I want to rid those nasty lbs. It is different tracking the calories vs points. I loved having my veggies and fruits for free, those were my snacks. I just got a new elliptical/stainary bike trainer. Its a two for one. So I read on the bike in the morning before I take my dog for his walk. Just started doing the elliptical part tonight for 15 mins.

I'm not much of a talker/typist, so I may not say to much on this group, but don't count me out.

Replies

• Kazmerelda
    Kazmerelda Posts: 13 Member
    Hey,

I am also early in my journey with MFP. I did weight watchers before and lost tons but I just don't think it is sustainable long term.

I am the same as you, getting my heard around a lack of free foods has been my struggling point!
  • legsnaz
    Hey,

Thanks for the input. I'm getting the hang of if. I still have some of the WW mind set, but its just about the same as counting calories.
    Any suggestions on a good HRM or the Fitbit? Would really love to have something that will motivate me to move more.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Hi, I'm not new to MFP, but I just joined WW last week, and went to my first meeting today. I think it will be good for me, but it's probably all individual. I have a fitbit and I just got a WW pedometer today. I love my fitbit. (I got the pedometer cuz it tracks points.) When back in stock, I'm also going to get a DDP heart rate monitor because they say it's just as bad for you if you exercise over your heart rate target.

14877786.png
  • legsnaz
    Your going to be doing both MFP and WW? I tried that, then just went for WW. I'm thinking of going back to WW, like the meetings and the people. Haven't heard of the DDP heart rate monitor. Not very good with abrevations I know all I need to really do is move more, so I have upped my workouts and I'm gong to try and get back into working out with my WII Active. Best of luck with your WW, keep me posted.
  • Great questions and thanks for joining! Tracking points and counting calories is pretty much the same process. Counting calories is a bit more liberating because almost everything you buy already has points on it and you do not have to use and special programs to figure out the points like WW.

It is great you are excercising! Cardio, like walking the dog and the elliptical, are great but strength training will help build muscle with will boost your metabolism.
  • You are right, there are no 'free foods' but crunchy vegetables like celery, cucumbers, peppers, broccoli and carrots are all. Jam packed with health benefits, low in calories and help keep you full. If you are craving sweets, try grapes. They do have calories but much lower than most sweets and they are full of fiber, vitamins and antioxidants all which are important for a healthy body.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Your going to be doing both MFP and WW? I tried that, then just went for WW. I'm thinking of going back to WW, like the meetings and the people. Haven't heard of the DDP heart rate monitor. Not very good with abrevations I know all I need to really do is move more, so I have upped my workouts and I'm gong to try and get back into working out with my WII Active. Best of luck with your WW, keep me posted.

Yes, I'm doing both. :smile: This is the first time I've belonged to it and went to meetings. Sorry, it stands for Diamond Dallas Page. (the wrestler) I need to be more active too. It's okay right now, but I'm worried about when I go back to work. Best of luck to you with everything!!

14877786.png