Level 1 - Day 2

Options
drbskinny
drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
To be prepared for all those who rise & shine earlier than myself, I think I'm going to be posting the New Topic for the upcoming day's Shred on the evenings before. I can never get to sleep at a reasonable hour (I work late & then often go to the gym AFTER,) & never know when I'm actually going to make it out of bed in the mornings.

So, I hope everyone feels proud of starting this journey. The first step is always the hardest... although I often forget that fact as I give Jillian the look of death & grind my teeth through some of the moves :smile: Great work so far & remember that even if you're sore today, the end result of sticking with it will be well worth it!

Replies

• mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    To my suprise Im feeling so fresh this morning, I didn't think I was gonna be able to wake up...am ready for day 2...later!

So we repeating what we did yesterday?
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Day two done! Finished my workout this morning and only took one break. Feeling stronger in the jumping jacks but still struggling with push ups and running kickbacks. However, my only break was taken during the last bicycle abs. Ugghh. Since this is actually my day 4, I am shooting for 6 more days on level 1. Have a great day!

Tanya
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Day 2, done!
  • hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Two words....Absorbine Jr!!! :laugh:
  • drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! I'm definitely feeling the work from yesterday in my quads & arms. I'm sharing my weight set with my Mom so I had to step it up from 3 to 5 lbs... I never would have thought just a couple of pounds would have made such a big difference.

I'm so glad to have such a great group of people to go through this with. I know doing it on my own I would eventually want to stop (it was even hard finding motivation today,) but knowing I'd have to come here & check in gave me that push to get up, get going, & get it done! Only 3 more days this week!
  • syyoung2005
    syyoung2005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day 2 still struggling and stopped several time I am still going to push forward.:happy:
  • SMK683
    SMK683 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    All done- Did at at 5:30AM!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done...then took a bath, now seating on a cough having dinner...and my butt is heating lol OMG Jillian what are you doing to me.
  • jennifermyers35
    jennifermyers35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! I feel it in my arms! I hate the 2nd strength move in the 3rd circuit. Side lunges with anterior raises. My arms are like noodles now... bah!
  • sim76sim
    Options
    Day 2 Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Yay
  • Mjnslce
    Mjnslce Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! I feel it in my arms! I hate the 2nd strength move in the 3rd circuit. Side lunges with anterior raises. My arms are like noodles now... bah!

I am also having a hard time with that. My legs are good but I have sad arms!! :(
  • Mjnslce
    Mjnslce Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Day 2 in the bags!!! Great job ladies!
  • airyayers
    Options
    Ooof...ma shoulders. Feeling strong, but sore.
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done. I muted the workout and played some music. I enjoyed it so much more without Jillian's voice.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Done and tomorrow I WILL get it done earlier in the day rather than just before midnight!! And yes, mute button will be used and my choice of music played, sorry Jillian !!
  • proverbs31kimberly
    Options
    Great job everyone. I won't be doing my shred until 9:00pm. Too many things going on. Argh! I can do it. My husband is going to do it with me again!! I will check in later. I currently have sore arms and legs. Can't wait to see how this feels tonight.
  • hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know we have ligaments and tendons around our knees but do we have muscle there too? My knees are sore. It's mainly at the top of the knee cap area. It's a muscle soreness kinda feel.

I have been making sure I use proper form and technique to avoid any knee injuries. I'm no stranger to leg injuries. I've had torn ligaments in my knee from playing sports years ago as well as a fall back in 2005 that broke both my tib and fib bones in a spiral leg break. I had to have a rod and 8 screws put in at the time but all my hardware was removed a year later. I went through so much pain at that time that I make doubly sure I don't over extend the leg to cause injury.
  • Goosie17
    Goosie17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Day 2 Done
  • stef102093
    stef102093 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I missed yesterday day 1 so that was today. I'll go on Saturday to play catch up
    I don't know if anyone has done JM ripped in 30, I think it was harder. Maybe after this month we can move to that one :). Good job everyone!
  • sweet_skin
    sweet_skin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. It was a great workout. I sweated like crazy as I expected, but this time I did it without a top on, I had to, the summer heat is crazy, this workout is so intense and I have no air conditioning! Anyways, I loved it. I did better on the press ups and the side moves. I also realized i'm using 5lbs per hand, because that's all I have, I guess I'll burn more calories and build up more muscle a bit faster.