Setting Your Top 3 Goals- A quick tutorial

Options
When I ask people what their goals are, often the list is long.
It can be overwhelming to think of ALL of the things we want to change or grow or develop. I personally get spun up and unfocused VERY quickly when I start to see all the ways I could do better or grow and that does NOT motivate me, it makes me feel very despondent.

The key for me is to make just 3 goals to focus on. Three tends to be a magic number that our brain can handle without being overwhelmed and allows us to give enough attention to each.

I also like to choose goals in separate categories like diet, movement and mind. For example your goals may look like this:

1) Lose 5 pounds *Remember to make your goal concrete and attainable!
2) Exercise More *this is NOT concrete - what is more? DEFINE IT! 3x per week? 1x per day?
3) Read at least 1 page every day *A goal like this triggers the action to read, even if it is just 1 page

That last goal is habit GOLD!! Sometimes we want to do something that is hard to do. By making your goal so easy you CAN'T say no each day, it gets you to TOUCH the activity. If I pick up a book and read just one page, I am VERY likely to keep reading at least a little bit. But if not, it feels doable to just do that one little thing and know I still did what I intended.

What are 3 goals you want to focus on this fall?

**Want to work on your goals together? My group coaching program starts September 7th! Message me!