Options
k8richly
k8richly Posts: 266 Member
48 yrs
5' 3"
CW 128
GW 125
GW for Sept: 127 lbs

Fall is a great time for a new plan, people, so let's do this!

I have one pound to lose and muscle to build. I commit to:
- move more. Get up from my desk. Fall weather is great for long walks / runs.
- stretch. Don't hurt my back!!!
- coach soccer and run the conditioning for my teen's hockey team. Even if the workouts aren't for me, it keeps me fit and sharp to plan and lead the sessions.
- strength training. I don't have a weight room but bootcamp, power classes, and HIIT with bodyweight and free weights seems to be enough for me. I want sculpted shoulders/arms!
- big breakfast, light dinner, snacks and treats in moderation. I've learned that this is the best formula for me and my goals. No fancy diets. Just don't overeat in the evening.

Step it up!

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    44 yrs
    5' 5"
    CW 132.4
    GW ??? (nothing under 125 though - might actually be 130)
    GW for Sept: 130

September and October are crazy for me, with agility trials almost every weekend, a random disc competition thrown in - and agility class once a week and disc league once a week. On one hand - yay, activity. On the other it's a lot of travel and I'm concerned about balancing convenience (necessary) and calories. We'll see how it goes. I'm always pretty laid back in tracking and am not too fussed.
  • k8richly
    Options

September and October are crazy for me, with agility trials almost every weekend, a random disc competition thrown in - and agility class once a week and disc league once a week. On one hand - yay, activity. On the other it's a lot of travel and I'm concerned about balancing convenience (necessary) and calories. We'll see how it goes. I'm always pretty laid back in tracking and am not too fussed.

@wunderkindking, I take it this isn't your own agility trials but maybe your dog's? :smile: Such a great activity! Your dog must be amazing! Is it a workout for humans too??
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    k8richer wrote: »

@wunderkindking, I take it this isn't your own agility trials but maybe your dog's? :smile: Such a great activity! Your dog must be amazing! Is it a workout for humans too??

LOL, yeah, the dogs are the ones doing agility.

How much of a work out it is varies a lot, to be honest. Depends on how much distance a given dog uses. For me 3 dogs it's short, fast, all out sprints with lots of turns of various sorts for 45-60 seconds every course (so, 12-24). Dog 4 if I just kind of wander around and point at things. ALL the trials involve moving heavy things for setting and changing courses and near constant wandering around for several hours though.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    CW 153
    GW (eventually) 132

Until I get more telecommute ability, however, my "workouts" are pretty much limited to my side-gig (mucking horse stalls for 90-120 minutes 5x/week) and whatever I might do on a weekend. Eating, however, there is no excuse as eating out is not an option in my budget right now (although I'm making darn good use of the snack room and occasional catered lunches at work to help stretch my budget right now)...still no excuses in that department though!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 44

8/09: 128.4

Last month was hard to keep track or be consistent due to some family emergencies. But school is back in session and the routine really works for me. I’m dragging my teens to the gym with me 5 days a week and have started back to tracking. My plan for Sept is lose 2lbs. I know that seems aggressive, but some of this is water weight that I’m confident will make 2lbs a good goal this first month.
  • k8richly
    Options
    @Cora0477 welcome back!. Hope your family is well. Getting teens to the gym with you is impressive!
    @HoneyBadger302 your sidegig sounds like a serious workout! That definitely counts! Maybe keep busy at work so you don't have time to snack? Lame idea, I know.... you got this!
    @wunderkindking - agility dogs are unbelievable to watch so I can just imagine the rush of sprinting back and forth with one. What fun fitness!
  • f1tafter40
    f1tafter40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    44yo, 6'0"
    CW 147
    BMI 19.9

It was a glorious, gluttonous summer considering all things raging across the globe. Lazy days were indulged with plenty of gluten and dairy, not to mention a potpourri of fats and carbs. This rebound weight is the one and only reason why I would consider it a good thing that summer vacation is so short. Back to work...

SEPTEMBER GOALS:
    1. Love the part of myself that does not love her body until she learns to love the body again.
    2. Report back to this group in October.
  • PatriciaNeves2015
    Options
    Are there any seniors in this group? I am a very active senior who wishes to drop about 30 lbs and I'm seeking friends and accountability. Heading for the stationary bike and pulleys!

Many thanks!

CW 152.9
    GW 130
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    44 yrs
    5' 5"
    CW 132.4

9-11: 131.5
  • k8richly
    Options
    5' 3"
    CW 128
    GW 125
    GW for Sept: 127 lbs

Sept 4 - 128
    Sept 12 - 129.5

Currently going in the wrong direction weight-wise. I've been pretty physically active but made a couple of poor choices this week when I overate or snacked mindlessly. Yesterday I worked out and hauled plants and dirt around the garden all day. But I went waaaay too long without fueling up. So when my husband put a plate of cheesy pasta in front of me, I inhaled it. And maybe his too. Sigh. At least my muscles are tired and I feel strong!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 24,7
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2
    Mar trend: +0.5
    April trend: -0.7
    May trend: -0.3
    June trend: -
    July trend: -0.3
    Aug trend: +0.8
    CW: 74.8
    Sept GW: 73
    Final GW: 71.0

Jups, I took a break as I was just tired of logging and checking and weighing every morsel. I went on holiday for two weeks and had a lot less activity than I usually would because of the weather. When I went back to work last week it was brutal, and I decided to let go of my obsessive logging for a week more. Then I go the news I had to drive 4 hours go to a meeting on Thursday and Friday where I didn't feel comfortable covid-wise. :disappointed:
    Anyways, long story short. I gained 2 kilo in three weeks. Sure, there will be some sodium and bloating but still. I back at logging and weighing.

I still can get to my goal weight before Christmas, so that will be my new goal !
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 44

8/09: 128.4
    8/13: 129.8

The nice thing about tracking is knowing I didn’t actually gain a pound and a half since last week :)

Tracking is going well, though I ate dessert over my calories at dinner last night. May have wiped out the deficit of last week, but it was a night out at a fancy restaurant with my husband, so I was good with the choice.

I liked that I had to go to the gym today because I’m making two of my teens go with me! But my cycle is supposed to start soon so I don’t think I’ll see much in the way of results until at least the end of this week.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Today's WI was 153.4....basically just maintaining so far this month, but if I'm being honest, I am unlikely to lose unless I crack down and start tracking/weighing/measuring all my food - which I've been a bit too stressed to deal with the past few months.

The finances should be improving (found a roommate - not moved in yet, but deposit paid and agreement signed), which will help with the stress, which will hopefully free some mental capacity to take care of myself a bit more :)
  • WavesOfHappiness
    Options
    5"3
    CW: 147 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
    GW for this month: 143 lbs

I've been maintaining for months now and letting my belly just be there lmao even if I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and not exercise much... I just don't go up or down that weight but now I have decided I want to get rid of that belly that I hate so much and start tracking my food and exercising, I know I am overweight so I'm also doing this for my health but this belly is really pissing me off lol.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    5'4" 35

9/15: 150.0

Highest I've ever been in my life ... talk about a wake up call

Upside is that I know exactly what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it ... hard part is actually committing to fixing it

Last couple days have been very good but I need to work more on consistency
  • taralynn236
    taralynn236 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'6''

CW: 152.6
    GW: 127.5

I was at 149.2 earlier this month but my birthday plus a lot of my bf's family events have led to the scale going the wrong way. I really need to get better at making healthy choices when in groups of people and no control of the food (any tips would be helpful), and we are going to a Ren fair next week. I have been trying to get more movement in during the day on top of daily excersie. My goal weight for this month is 149.9.
  • Orsolla
    Orsolla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to MFP and this group.

50 years
    170 cm
    CW: 66 kg (BMI 22.8)
    GW: 55 kg (BMI 19)

Not looking to rush the weight loss and experience tells me that I feel a lot better when I hit 60 kg. As it does, weight has just crept on over time!

• wunderkindking
    Options
    44 yrs
    5' 5"
    CW 132.4

9-18: 130.1

Headed off on a long weekend at the lake. Let's see where i am when I get home after 3 days of not tracking, eating crap and also doing more than usual movement. EXPERIMENT TIME.
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    I'm honestly not overly concerned. It's a few days and I'm at a bmi of like... 21. I have some room to experiment without anything bad happening.

But I've cultivated and carefully created a REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLY laid back attitude about this whole thing.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    GW (eventually) 132

9/7: 153
    9/15: 153.6
    9/20: 152.2 (low day though, been higher 152's the past several days)