Hello - we have our own group!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    @pdd1216 I just read this article and wanted to share it with someone. Although it isn´t weight loss related, it is a reason to hope regarding an Alzheimer´s breakthrough, a nasal vaccine! https://www.mic.com/life/alzheimers-vaccine-humans

If you like to read, the book I read that goes into great detail about the research related to diet and Alzheimer´s is:
    ¨The Alzheimer's antidote : using a low-carb, high-fat diet to fight Alzheimer's disease, memory loss, and cognitive decline¨
    by Berger, Amy.

Although a low carb diet doesn´t cure Alzheimer´s, there is research that suggests that insulin resistant is a key to Alzheimer´s processes and a low carb diet helps slow the progression. I found the book motivating but also it did provoke a little pain wishing I had been exposed to that information much earlier when my father might have benefitted from it.

Anecdotally, I have found that with my weight loss and low carb diet I am having much fewer of those ¨brain fog¨ incidents that made me worry whether I could get early dementia. My husband has remarked on how much better my memory seems to be! Not the kind of non-scale victory I was expecting but I will take it!