September 8 - 14

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
AVGLW - 230.5
AVGTW - 231.1
LW - 232.3
TW 231.8

Well a gain in the week to week but the average went down a little. I've been on the TM almost every night...got on again last night. Got in 1.3 miles before my show ended (and I kept clicking on it to see how much longer lol). It's still hot and humid (for us). Had a healthy dinner of a burger with a slice of cheese and 1/2 avocado. I have to admit I tried for ribs and mac salad. The ribs tasted fattier last night and the mac salad tart so I tossed that plate and opted for the burger and avocado.

That's about it. Have a great day ladies!

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited September 2021
    LW: 124.6
    TW: 123.8

The holiday weekend at the cabin I ate pretty carefully . . burger no bun with cheese, tomato, onion and only mustard, etc. Combined with the work and a short hike with prego daughter and it worked out for me. Had a short TM workout yesterday. It's beautiful weather here except for the smoke, darn it. I am debating with myself about an outdoor walk. Tomorrow, my trainer will be here. It's been so hit and miss with her lately. . I hope I don't get too worn out and sore because I have to gear up for daughter and DIL arriving Friday, and the baby shower on Saturday. Most everything is ready, delegated, purchased and wrapped. We'll decorate the clubhouse Friday evening. Unfortunately, hubby won't be here to help (probably not much he could do anyway) because he leaves for Alaska tomorrow. We'll have a fun girls weekend :) I hope I can keep my intake reasonable.

Good job on your reduction Lois, and I'm sure the TM work will help with the walking you'll be doing soon on your trip.

Sarah, I was sorry to read about your fever and belly pain. I wonder what that was all about? Hopefully nothing, and it won't return. Great that you're getting your walks and pool time . . I'm sure exercise helps with wound healing. And, happy belated birthday to hubby. I hope you finally got some celebrating.

I'll check back for more posts later. Have a long to do list for that I must get going on.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    edited September 2021
    LW: 131.8
    TW: 131.4

I had hoped for more, but considering some of the bumps in the road this past week, I'm going to be okay with this and just plan for better during the upcoming week. Despite two days down with that mystery illness, I still got 10K steps on 4 of the past 7 days and close to that on another. But the other two days, I was barely moving at all.

Like you, Sheesh, I am learning to look at what at I'm eating and ask myself what moderate change I could make. I love bread and still eat the bun, but when we make burgers, I now forego mayo and cheese and go with mustard, tomato, and onion. And congrats on your loss. You are so close to goal :) and it's especially gratifying to lose when away from home. I am so happy for you and it motivates me to get with it. Remember when we were just mirroring weight loss back in 2010 and 2011?

Lois, good for you for getting on the TM. I find that once I start doing something, it's easier to fight that urge to say, "I'm too tired," or "first I need to do XYZ," etc. Keep going!

Well, just before I posted, I finally reached the last office I needed to call re: my hospital bills not being submitted to either of my two insurance plans and now I can think about running a few errands before the after-work crowd descends. Yesterday, I walked to run a few errands, but today it's in the high 80's with very high humidity so it feels like muggy high 90s out there. Instead, I think I'll use the car and then come home and and hit the TM.

And before I forget, here's my goals for the coming week:

(1) Keep my actual calories within the 1200 limit on 5 of the 7 days. (Last week I made it 5 of the 7, but that included a day when I could hardly eat, so I won't stretch to 6 days yet.)

(2) Get my 7-day step average back up to 10K.

(3) Do one new activity on at least 2 days and log it here so you guys can beat me over the virtual head if I don't. >:)

Kelly, I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Happy hump day everyone.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    LW: 153.5
    TW: 154.2

Bopping back and forth and back at forth. It's really not surprising to me as I honestly haven't completely been caring about what I have been eating. Not that I don't "care", it's just certain times of the month I notice that my cravings are worse than normal. I'm just happy I'm maintaining.

I have been super busy with work for the past few days, so haven't been able to post. This weekend is packed full of hockey - tonight Ella, tomorrow Ella and Tyler, Sunday Ella and Tyler and on Sunday I'm meeting my girlfriend for lunch and a walk if it's nice. Looking forward to that!

Sorry for the quick post but I have some things to do for work today still and it's already lunch time!
  • SarahMaxx
    Happy Monday, all. As I said I would and as I must do to keep myself on track, I'm reporting in on my goal progress. I'm making progress on getting my avg. steps back up to 10K, but I'm struggling with the intake. I have had only one day thus far that I stayed under 1200 actual calories, although my average intake over the past 5 days is 1184. That's because one day I had little appetite and what I did eat was low in calories. But I'm working on it. And I've done one of the two activities other than walking, which was stretches and floor exercises last Thursday.

I got a reminder yesterday of how little burn we get from some activities. Because I can't really help hubby with the big garage revamp, I decided to do so heavier cleaning in the house. I worked my behind off all morning, and around 2 p.m., we decided to take a break and go to the pool for an hour. When I stopped, I checked Fitbit and saw that I had earned 45 whole calories from all that work! Because the pool across the street from us is the only neighborhood pool still open, it was too crowded for our comfort, so we just turned around at the top of the stairs and came back home and took up the work again. I'm sure I didn't burn a huge amount of calories, but I was moving and getting things done that aren't done in the regular weekly cleaning cycle. And that always feels good.

The dreaded heat and humidity are back this week and my main walking buddy just let me know that she's getting ready for a big family reunion and probably won't be walking this week. But another lady I met walking sent me a message yesterday saying she was concerned that she hasn't been seeing me and we may walk together an evening or two. The mall is still open, although now they are not even turning on all the lights. I hope they don't also forego a lot of A/C!

Sheesh, I thought about how much fun you were having with your daughters and DIL getting ready for and then enjoying the baby shower. And happy birthday again, Kelly. You look like you're 25, not 40. But I'm glad you realize the age is just a number and so don't think I'm too old to be a friend! Lois, I noticed you changed your profile pic to the one with your dad on your wedding day, so I think this is your anniversary time. If so, happy anniversary to you and Seg.

And with that, I'll sign off and get started down my to-do list.

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
    Happy Monday Ladies. Hubby's incision is healing very well. His back is now tweaked either from guarding his incision area while awake and/or asleep. Can't wait for this to work itself out. We saw Rhea on Saturday and wrapped up some Disney details. There's not as much room to run around as at our house and it was still over 100 and muggy - so not a lot of activity. And yesterday, I have no idea what I did with my day...lol. We chatted about Disney some more (needed a new portable charger for the USBC connection and other such details.
    Then hubby decided he was worried we weren't going to get to see some of the newer attractions and he really wanted to see them. We can't stay an extra day, so we are now going to get there a day earlier. Hubby and I will be there Sunday am for opening. Rhea and her parents won't get there until about 2, so hopefully we can get/see/do all hubby wants in those few hours.

Kelly, I love to hear about the kid's activities. That means life is getting to some sort of a normal level. Your birthday party pics were AWESOME! It looks like you had a great time and so loved. Forty is the new 20 - and you are looking as lovely as ever!!

Sarah - you're correct. Our anniversary is coming up in a few weeks - we're approaching 35 years.. I needed to change out the 9-11 pics to something else and the timing works. Oh and that's me and hubby and then the cover photo is me, hubby and my daughter because it was "her wedding" also...lol. My beautiful flower girl She joined hubby and I during our first dance. Thank you for the well wishes. We need them...every day. LOL Bummer that the pool was too crowded. Even though we're over 100 daily and still very warm at night, our pool is quite chilly. It would be fine if you're doing laps, but to go in and relax...bbbrrr. I'm glad to hear your new walking buddy is interested in meeting as well. Hopefully with her and Toni you'll have someone to go with you most nights. I can't wait until it's cool enough in the am or the evenings to walk outside again.

Busy work week coming up. I am training two new employees tomorrow and then I'm off on Friday - going to go to the Van Gogh immersion exhibit with my niece and I'm so looking forward to it. Well, I may work in the am since she is going to meet at my office and then we'll Uber just down the street after a lunch date. My sons' in laws are coming into town this weekend. so dropping down to see them is not an option. I did invite my other daughter Audrey to come up for pedicures on Saturday.

So I ordered myself two steak dinners last night. I had 1/2 of one for dinner last night and the other half I'll have today. The other dinner will be for tomorrow. I stink at making steaks and I'm disliking the healthy cooked chicken (liking only the heavily breaded kind with sauces). So...that's my first step at trying to stay on track. I keep waffling that 3lb range. Also, I bought more plums and white nectarines for the week. So hopefully those will continue to help me with my snacking.

Ok. Report is done running. Have a great day and I'll check back soon.
  • wiredkell
    Well I sure had quite the weekend! My most amazing husband managed to have a surprise birthday party for me at our house. <3 Of course I was surprised as my birthday isn't until October 15 :D I was completely shocked and felt awkward in the moment when I was surprised. I'm not the type of person that likes attention on me, so it took a bit to get over that. What an amazing guy to put that together for me. My best friend helped and he had the kids involved. They thought of absolutely everything, including unplugging the internet so I wouldn't see on our Nest cameras when people were coming in the house lol Such a memorable and fun day & night :)

We're in hockey full force now. The kids have hockey almost every night already and the season hasn't even started. Ella is in 2 camps and Tyler is in 1. Ella will have tryouts for a higher level team and evaluations as well, just in case she doesn't make it. Tyler will have evaluations. It's going to be a crazy next few weeks for sure. They're both happy to be back in school and we finally managed to get their bus situation figured out, which was a gong show in itself.

Can't remember if I mentioned that I'm back to working in the office for 2 days a week, which is good. Tuesdays and Fridays I work at home and Wednesday and Thursdays in the office. Pros and cons to both.

Back to work!
  • SarahMaxx
    Kelly, my sister's birthday and my nephew's birthday are also October 15, so I'll never forget yours. Sneaky it was indeed to have the early party. Go Shawn and kids! :smile:

I had a doc appointment this morning for my thyroid check and refill and I told her about the tummy pain and fever over the Labor Day weekend. Her take on this event is that it was diverticulitis. She didn't agree with my and hubby's theory that it wasn't that because the fever only lasted part of a day and I didn't have rebound pain. I won't go into all that she said but the end result is that she wants me to still go on a short run of antibiotics. I'm now waiting on the oh-so-slow CVS to fill that script. She's also checking my urine as well as something in my blood (can't remember). And I thought I'd go in, get a new script and an "atta girl" and go on my way!

My weight, by the way, was 132, which is up a few ounces. I was a bit bummed by that because I kept my intake within the 1200 kcals yesterday and I met my alternate walking buddy and got in 11,847 steps, which got my 7-day average back up to more than 10K. Overall the week is looking not too bad, and yet--my weight is not going down. But I just won't get into negative thinking.

It's good to walk with my new friend, but she is having some personal problems that scare me a little. She has a person stalking her and this person also got someone else to physically harm her son. So I wonder if this person would harm anyone he perceives as close to her. I'm probably just being too much of a professional worrier now, but I'm glad we park in different parking lots when we go to the mall. I often wonder what is happening to this world.

So who knows what tomorrow will bring? I had a super busy day yesterday and was out with a volunteer group until after 11 last night, so today is my last day to do something other than walking. And so I need to get busy! Will weigh in tomorrow. Hope it's a good day for everyone.
  • wiredkell
    Sarah - that's very scary regarding the stalker of your walking friend. Take extra care and caution when walking to your car, just in case and I hope she does too. Does she know who the stalker is? And does she know why they are stalking her? Maybe she should be discussing this with the police... or maybe she has already. I watch and listen to far much true crime to not take this kind of stuff seriously.
    That's very strange about what happened to you with your tummy problems. Can you remember what you had eaten or what else you may think would have caused it? My Mom deals with diverticulitis and I really do feel for her when she's going through a bout of it. Hopefully it was just something that you ate, that didn't agree with you that one time.