Poobah Update

Options
Poobah1972
Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
Good day everyone...

I know a few of you may see far to much of me on my newsfeed... But I thought it's been a long time since I dropped in and gave you all a update.

I'm now down 119 pounds since January 9th of this year. No magic bullets, just logging my food, and doing the work.

My fiancé is down just shy of 50 pounds.. and she's only 4'7" tall so shows big time! (or small time... lol)

Well there might be a tiny bit of magic, we actually haven't ate any food on Sundays since about the last week of January. We completely lost count now? Around 40 some Sundays in a row? Don't be alarmed though, we eat extremely well, some of you may be aware of my food diary and all he absolutely amazing foods we do eat on a daily basis.

Yes we do Keto, but we do it amazingly... We totally love every meal all the time.

And as a side bonus, we practically never get hungry... Even on Fast days. Not trying to sell it, but that is sort of the magic of Keto and fasting... Lots of energy, no hungry, all happy. lol

So yeah, quit smoking in April, starting walking the very next day... I quickly upgraded to slogging fairly long flat stretches and downhills. I actually slogged up hill this morning for the first time. We now hike regularly. We Elliptical, Kick box the heavy bag, and soon we will be adding in a medicine ball rebounder. Maybe some snow shoeing in the winter?

The day after my birthday on May 24th of this year, we started weight training... We basically do 3 major workouts a week.. Back/biceps on Monday, Chest/Triceps/Shoulders on Wednesday, and legs on Friday. However over time I've added mini exercises on in between days to hit all major muscle groups twice a week. Strength gains for both of us have been amazing. I've practically doubled my strength in most categories When I started I was only able to bench press 40 pound dumbbells for about 10 reps... now I can handle 75 pounds and I'll be moving up to 80lb dumbbells' quite shortly. I suspect I'll be deadlifting 300 pounds tonight for reps. (how many I'm not sure yet... lol).

wqipj9lrtyvt.jpg
This is more than a few weeks old, but i think it's kind of flattering? lol

When I started in January, my calories eaten were quite low at 1400-1600 per day... But as time went on I have eaten more as my cardio and more so my weight training demand. On Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays I eat around 2200-2400 calories and I try to hit 130-140 grams of protein. And most other days I'm around 1800 calories unless I take a complete off day, where I'll wonder back down to 1700 calories. In all cases I maintain at least 100 grams of protein a day to keep my muscles happy. (Cept Sunday were we don't eat a crumb).

On July 26th, i picked up a Renpho Smart Scale that measures a number of metrics.. Including Muscle Mass, BMI etc and so forth. It has proven to be showing what I think is a rather incredible trend over the last 6 weeks. Now there is no telling how accurate these numbers are.. But if they are to be believed, I've been packing a pound plus of muscle mass on to my frame per week. And even more amazing if true, is my BMR is actually rising faster due to muscle gain then falling due to Fat loss. This can't go on forever and is destined to reverse as some point however it is a real treat to see... And as it turns out if you take into consideration muscle gains coupled with my fat loss then my original prediction I made in my spreadsheet I had formulated using BMR/TDEE/and Calories in and out... Well it turns out I might be right on the money in guessing I had a chance to lose in the area of 180-190 pounds of fat by end of year. All Cool beans.

l75okw4v8zhh.png

More good news... I have a family Doctor as of this Wednesday for the first time in a long time. Over the last few months I have had a number of blood tests performed. Both times my AC1 was 5.1. And looking at my results the new Doctor said and I quote "Your cholesterol levels SHOCKINGLY GOOD, so much so, if you were a Professional Athelete, they would still be SHOCKINGLY GOOD". That comment made me smile ear to ear. My blood pressure was also practically perfect. Sadly I'm so healthy I don't get more blood tests till December. lol

That's about it... I suppose I'll drop in again around the 150 mark? :smiley:

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,630 Member
    Options
    I've been following you - but reading this as a synopsis kinda knocks a person over with awe.

Good for you, and Lynn!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    Options
    ❣️
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both you & your GF. Must feel great!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    Congratulations to both you & your GF. Must feel great!

We still have off days once in a while, but I can't recall the last head ache I have had. I used to have them all the time. Just getting to work was a issue in the past, so now that I can probably walk the 10km to work if I really had to, is pretty amazing. lol
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    People are watching your amazing progress….so very proud of you!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    People are watching your amazing progress….so very proud of you!

thanks Connie.. I'm proud of you!!! :)