2 tablespoons chili powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

Step 1 Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add turkey; cook and stir until evenly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until tender.

Step 2 Add water to the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Stir in chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.

Step 3 Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.

Per Serving: 185 calories;

Bon Appetite! 😋
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,533 Member
    Options
    Waldorf Chicken Salad

Ingredients

1 medium apple cored and diced
    ½ cup raisins golden or regular
    1 stalk celery diced
    ½ cup red cabbage shredded
    1 small chicken breast cooked and sliced
    ¼ cup walnuts chopped
    2 medium endive halved and chopped

Dressing Ingredients

¾ cup plain yogurt whole-milk
    ½ cup mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
    2 tablespoons agave nectar

INSTRUCTIONS

Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, make salad dressing.
    Pour dressing over salad ingredients, toss and serve!

Best served over some greens. I used arugula, but butter lettuce, romaine, or Boston Bibb, would all be great.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Watermelon Strawberry Caprese Salad

Serves 4

INGREDIENTS

3 c. watermelon, cubed
    2 c. strawberries, chopped
    1/2 c. Feta, crumbled
    1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
    kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 c. fresh basil, torn

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, combine watermelon, strawberries, feta and olive oil.

Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.

Garnish with basil and serve.
  • 316Judith
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Ground Beef Casserole

Ingredients

1 pound ground round

1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained

1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained

1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning

1/4 teaspoon pepper

3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles

5 green onions, chopped

1 (8-oz.) container sour cream

3 ounces cream cheese, softened

4 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)

4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)

4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)

Directions

Step 1 Brown ground round in a large skillet over medium, stirring constantly, 5 to 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in both cans diced tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.

Step 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Stir together hot cooked noodles, chopped green onions, sour cream, and cream cheese until blended.

Step 3 Spoon egg noodle mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheeses in order listed.

Step 4 Bake, covered, at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

Bon Appetie! 😋
  • 316Judith
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Best Leftover Turkey Recipe

This is the best leftover turkey recipe you will ever make! Super easy and everyone will love these turkey dumplings, even your kids! Great with ham too.

Ingredients
    * 2 c Leftover turkey cooked, cut into small pieces
    * 1/2 c mayonnaise or more if you want more moist
    * 1 c swiss or mozzarella cheese, shredded, or more
    * 1 pkg Crescent rolls 8 which was enough for the 5 of us
    * 1 tsp dill pinch of each
    * salt
    * pepper
    * thyme
    * optional * dried cranberries or walnuts

Instructions
    * Spray non stick cooking spray into muffin tin. 

* Push large side of crescent triangle into bottom of each muffin tin. 

* Mix leftover turkey and all other ingredients together and spoon into each muffin tin hole. 

* Fold small piece of crescent triangle over top of turkey mixture. Bake as directed on crescent roll container, or until lightly browned on top.

* Note: I like it to be quite browned which is much better:

Serve with a nice Green Salad on the side.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden Copycat Bread Sticks

Servings: 12
    Prep
    25 minutes
    Cook
    11 minutes
    Resting
    2 hours 30 minutes
    Ready in: 3 hours 6 minutes
    Ingredients

1 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water (110 - 115 degrees)
    1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
    2 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
    3 - 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
    1 3/4 tsp salt
    3 Tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
    Topping
    2 Tbsp butter
    1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    Instructions
    In the bowl of an electric stand mixer whisk together warm water, yeast and 1/2 tsp granulated sugar until yeast has dissolved. Allow to rest 10 minutes.

Add in remaining 1 Tbsp + 2 1/2 tsp granulated sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 3/4 tsp salt and vegetable oil, then fit mixer with paddle attachment and blend mixture until well combine.
    Switch mixer to dough hook attachment, add in remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and knead mixture on low speed, adding up to 1/4 cup additional flour as needed, and knead until dough is smooth and elastic*.
    Transfer dough to a large buttered mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest in a warm place free from draft until double, about 1 1/2 hours.
    Punch risen dough down, divide into 12 equal portions (2 ounces each by weight), keep them covered with plastic wrap as you work. Roll each piece into a 9 inch rope on a lightly floured surface, then transfer to two parchment paper lined baking sheets.
    Cover and let rise 1 hour. Preheat oven to 425 during the last 10 minutes of rising.
    Bake in preheated oven 11 - 13 minutes until golden**. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 tsp salt and garlic powder.

Remove breadsticks from oven and run a stick of butter over hot breadsticks (using 2 Tbsp, or brush with melted butter) and immediately sprinkle with garlic salt mixture.
    Serve warm. Let any left over cool and store in an airtight container.
    Notes
    *Dough should pull away from sides of the bowl but should still be slightly sticky. If you add too much flour dough becomes too hard to shape and breadsticks will be drier and denser.
    **If you want rolls more golden brown on top you can move oven rack up one level to bake. Just keep an eye on t
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Linda, I checked the Like Box other day as when I can eat normally I plan to make these yummy bread sticks. The recipe looks so delicious.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Cranberry Orange Biscotti

* 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (cut into 4 pieces)
    * ¾ cup granulated sugar
    * 2 large eggs
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * zest of 1 orange (about 1 tablespoon)
    * 1 cup all purpose flour
    * 1 cup white whole wheat flour*
    * 1 teaspoon baking powder
    * ½ teaspoon salt
    * 1 cup dried cranberries
    * turbinado sugar (coarse sugar, optional)

INSTRUCTIONS 

Cranberry Orange Biscotti

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
    * Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
    * Add the eggs, vanilla extract and orange zest. Mix until well combined.
    * In a medium bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
    * Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
    * Mix in the dried cranberries.
    * Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a ball and then use your hands to shape each ball into a log that is about 8 inches long.
    * Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to flatten the dough logs until they are about 3/4-inch thick. Gently press the sides and ends of the logs to even them out and flatten them.
    * If desired, sprinkle the logs with turbinado sugar.
    * Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden and the center of the logs is almost firm and bounces back when touched.
    * Let the logs cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
    * Use a sharp knife to cut the logs into biscotti shape, on the diagonal. Press straight down with the knife, rather than sawing.
    * Place the biscotti, cut side up, on the baking sheet. Bake for 12-16 more minutes, until dry. The centers of the cookies will be slightly soft and will crisp as they cool.
    * Store biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.

NOTES

* *You may replace the 1 cup of white whole wheat flour with 1 cup of all purpose flour.

NUTRITION
    Serving: 1biscotti | Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese Bake

Prep Time: 15 mins
    Cook Time: 45 mins
    Total Time: 1 hrs
    Serves 8

Ingredients

* 6 ounces fresh cauliflower
    * 6 ounces fresh broccoli
    * 2 tablespoons butter
    * 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
    * 2 ½ cups milk
    * 1 teaspoon English mustard
    * cayenne pepper to taste
    * salt and pepper to taste
    * 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F

Place cauliflower and broccoli in a medium saucepan; pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes; drain and transfer into a medium baking dish.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a separate medium saucepan over low heat; stir in flour to form a thick paste. Gradually whisk in milk until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle in 2/3 of the cheese, and stir until melted.

Pour sauce over broccoli and cauliflower. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly brown, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese during the final 10 minutes of cooking.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,667 Member
    Options
    I follow a Keto way of life and this is one of the nicest recipes. If you don't follow Keto, it might jt not be the best choice for you though. Keto for me is high fat, moderate protein and very low carbohydrates.

Nutrition panel is for base only as toppings will vary widely depending on what was added and how much.
    Nutrition Facts
    Fat Head Pizza - The Holy Grail
    Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
    Calories 203 Calories from Fat 151
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 16.8g 26%
    Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 11g 22%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

NUTRITION – wheat based pizza crust VS Fat Head Pizza base (in brackets)

Carbs 27g (4g) – Protein 3.8g (11g) – Fat 3.4g (16.8g) – in addition the regular pizza will contain gluten and if store bought, preservative, artificial flavourings and probably some trans fats. Also remember you will only eat 1 or 2 slices of Fat Head Pizza compared to half to 1 regular pizza.
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 1,355 Member
    October 2021 edited October 2021
    Holly's Meatballs & Sauce (Taste of Home Magazine)
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/keto-meatballs-and-sauce/print/
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 990 Member
    March 11
    Keto Monte Carlo Cookies/Biscuits

Megan Ellam
    Our Keto Monte Carlo Cookies are truly the best! These mini sugar free cookies will soon be your favourite too I am sure of that!

4.94from 15votes!
    PREP TIME8mins
    COOK TIME12mins
    REFRIGERATION TIME30mins
    TOTAL TIME50mins
    COURSEDessert Snack
    CUISINEAustralian Keto
    SERVINGS21cookies
    CALORIES121kcal

INGREDIENTS

- 110gbuttermelted
    - 100gsweetenerI used Natvia See Notes 1 and 2, Sukrin Melis is also a great in this recipe
    - 1teaspoonvanilla extract
    - 1teaspoonbaking powder
    - 160galmond meal
    - 1tablespooncoconut flour
    - 1tablespoonsmooth nut butterI used Melrose Macadamia Butter, See Note 3
    - 1tablespoonsugar-free Caramel ToppingI use Natvia, See Note 4
    - 30gbeef gelatinSee Note 5
    - 1egg

FILLING

- 60gbutter
    - 120g(3/4 cup) powdered sweetenerI milled Natvia to a powder or use Sukrin Melis, See Note 6
    - 1/2teaspoonvanilla extract
    - 90gsugar-free raspberry jamI used Natvia Sugar Free, See Note 7

INSTRUCTIONS

CONVENTIONAL METHOD

- Mix all the cookie ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Leave to rest for 5 minutes. Prepare 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
    - Using a teaspoon scoop to measure out dough. Scoop out cookie dough, roll into a ball and place onto baking tray. Slightly flatten with the back of a fork (only a little). Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
    - Preheat oven to 170℃.
    - Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cookies will continue to firm up when cooling.
    - Turn half of the cookies upside down and spoon a small amount of jam onto them and return them to the oven jam side up for 3-4 minutes (to just caramelise the jam a little). (I do this to mimic the sticky jam from the traditional Monte Carlo, without having to make a toffee syrup).
    - Remove and cool on trays for 5 minutes before lifting onto cooling trays and let cool and set for 1- 2 hours.
    - In a small bowl or mixer, combine all the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Dollop or pipe filling on one cookie and sandwich together with the jam coated zother. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.

THERMOMIX® METHOD

- Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 1 min/100°C/stir/. Prepare 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
    - Add remaining cookie ingredients into mixing bowl. Mix 15 sec/speed 4. Leave to rest for 5 minutes. Follow from Step 2 above.
    - For Frosting; place all ingredients into mixing bowl. Mix 20 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat until mix is light and fluffy.

NOTES

1. Any granular sweeteners can be used in the cookies, but use powdered in the buttercream.
    2. For the biscuit a gold sweetener can be used to impart a caramel flavour.
    3. Any nut butter (preferably smooth) can be used in the biscuits.
    4. I used the Salted Caramel Topping by Natvia in the recipe. You can use Hoppers natural caramel flavouring, or omit completely from the recipe.
    5. I use Locako Gelatin. Any brand can be used however pasture raised gelatin is always best. The gelatin is used to give the biscuit a "chew" and consistency. It is not recommended leaving this ingredient out.
    6. In the buttercream please use a powdered sweetener like Sukrin Melisor milled sweetener. A straight granular sweetener will result in a gritty buttercream.
    7. I love LOVE the raspberry sugar free jam by Natvia. While I have received this product for free from them a few times to trial, I have purchased it many, many more times from my local Woolworths. I have never been a jam fan but this is one I can truly eat straight from the jar. I must add as my own disclaimer though that I do add a few drops of red food colouring purely for aesthetics for my photography. So if you see mine looks "pinker" in the cookies this is why.

NUTRITION

Serving: 1cookie (1 sandwiched cookie)Calories: 121kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 66mgPotassium: 28mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 214IUCalcium: 27mgIron: 1mgMagnesium: 2mgNet Carbs: 2g

KEYWORDketo monte carlo cookie, keto sandwich cookie, sugar free monte carlo biscuit

Tried this recipe?
    Let us knowhow it was!
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    HollyBalzer
    HollyBalzer Posts: 100 Member
    April 28
    REAL Hungarian Goulash (Gulyas)

1/4 cup olive oil
    3 pounds cut up beef (i buy a cheap chuck or round roast and cut into bite sized pieces)
    1 small onion chopped fine
    1 Tablespoon Hungarian paprika (the normal spanish will work but the flavor of the hungarian is better)
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 can beef bouillon or beef broth (10 oz)
    12 oz sliced mushrooms (optional but i love them)
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum mixed with 1 tablespoon butter if you want it thicker.

Brown the roast and onions in the oil. add the seasonings and let them toast..this is something i do with everything...chile, spaghetti sauce, etc...really brings out the flavor of the seasonings/spices.
    stir in the bouillon or broth and the sliced mushrooms, if using.
    bring to boil, then turn down to simmering and let simmer all afternoon, but at LEAST 2-3 hours. your house will smell heavenly!! just before serving, stir in sour cream (again optional, but i HATE sour cream, but love it in this) and if you want it thicker, the xanthan gum/butter combo.
    I either eat it in a bowl, or over konjac noodles.
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    readteach1
    readteach1 Posts: 521 Member
    June 2
    Keto Chocolate Pie

Crust
    1 3/4 cups almond flour
    3T cocoa powder
    1/4 c. sweetener (I used Swerve granular and it was a little grainy)
    6T melted butter

Filling
    1 1/2 c. heavy cream, divided
    1 c. sugar free chocolate chips
    6 oz. cream cheese, room temp
    1/2 c. powdered sweetener
    1/4 c. cocoa powder
    1T vanilla (yes it is tablespoon not teaspoon)
    pinch of salt
    Chocolate shavings, raspberries, whipped cream for garnish

Instructions
    Crust
    1. Stir together all the crust ingredients until well combined.
    2. Press firmly into a 9-inch pie plate.
    3. Place in the freezer while making the filling.

Filling
    1. Add 1 cup of creamto a small saucepan and heat until the edges are just bubbling
    2. Add the chocolate chips to a small bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Stir continously until the chocolate chips have melted. Set aside.
    3. Add the cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electrid mixer until light and fluffy.
    4. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream along with the rest of the ingredients and mix on low speed until well incorporated.
    5. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
    6. Add the cooled melted chocolate to the bowl and beat on low speed until combined.
    7. Spread the mixture into the prepared crust.
    8. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Notes
    After mixing the filling, taste and add additional powdered sweetener if you'd like a sweeter filling. As written, this recipe has a dark chocolate flavor.

Nutrition info
    Servings 10 Serving size 1
    Cal-351 Total Fat 36g Saturated Fat 21g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 95mg
    Sodium 69mg Carbs 6g Net 4g (That lowcarb life always adds this) Fiber 2g Sugar 1g Protein 6g

copyright Karly Campbell
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    HollyBalzer
    HollyBalzer Posts: 100 Member
    June 3
    this looks great!! going to do it without a crust..just the filling in dishes. should save a good amount of carbs that way...i figure it might be 3 or 4 total carbs without the crust . i'll try to figure... these are tiny tiny pieces if its supposed to serve 10. i usually get 6 servings out of a 9" pie. so they are really tiny..be aware of serving size!! thank you so much for sharing, REad!!
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    readteach1
    readteach1 Posts: 521 Member
    June 3
    The filling is really good! I never though of that!
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    LosinSusin
    June 3
    Thank you so much, Read and Holly! ☺️💕
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    LosinSusin
    August 26 edited August 26
    Keto Zucchini Pizza

One medium Zucchini cut in halves and then into strips
    Ghee - about a tablespoon
    About 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato pizza base
    Mixed herbs, salt, pepper
    Mixed herbs/Italian herbs

* Heat oven to moderately hot, line a baking tray with baking paper
    * Wash and cut zucchini into halves (or rounds if you prefer) as long as they are 2cm (a little under an inch?) thick
    * Fry zucchini in a little ghee till brown
    * Place zucchini on prepared tray. Spread thinly with pizza base. Sprinkle with mixed herbs and shredded Mozzarella or any hard cheese you like. Add salt & pepper
    * Bake for 5 - 7 mins, till cheese is melted to your liking.

fi5c3jop8ia6.jpg

Around 1 - 2 carbs!
    Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 991 Member
    3:41PM edited 3:41PM
    Keto Crack Chicken - from The Diet Doctor

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-crack-chicken

Ingredients
    2 lbs chicken breasts
    10 oz. (1¼ cups) cream cheese
    2 tbsp ranch seasoning
    1 tsp salt
    5 oz. bacon, diced
    1 cup (4 oz.) cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
    ¼ tsp ground black pepper
    3 cups (3 oz.) baby spinach

Instructions
    Mix the ranch seasoning, salt (if the ranch seasoning doesn't already contain salt), and cream cheese in a bowl. Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread out the cream cheese mix on top of the chicken.
    Cover with lid and set on low for 5 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
    Fry the bacon on medium-high heat in a frying pan until crispy. Set aside.
    Shred the chicken using two forks. Mix everything together. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon and cover with the lid until the cheese has melted.
    Sprinkle with chives and ground black pepper. Serve together with baby spinach.
    Tips
    What to serve with crack chicken
    Great low carb ways to serve the crack chicken is on to of keto bread as a warm open faced sandwich, in a keto tortilla as a wrap, on top of a salad, on top of keto zoodles, or wrapped in a cabbage or salad leaf.

Storing
    This dish keeps fresh in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week. It also freezes well for up to three months. Since it contains many dairy products, it's always a good idea to thaw it on low heat to keep it from separating.

Ranch seasoning
    Store-bought ranch seasoning usually contains a lot of additives and hidden sugar so we recommend making your own, trust us, it's worth it.

Cooking crack chicken in the oven
    This is the perfect hack if you don't want to wait for hours before dinner is on the table or if you don't have a slow cooker at home but still want to make this dish.

1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).

2. Shred the meat from a rotisserie chicken and remove the skin. OR boil the chicken fillets in chicken broth for 20 minutes under the lid and shred them using two forks when done.

3. Mix the meat together with the ranch seasoning, salt, cream cheese, and half of the cheese. Put it in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and cooked bacon.

4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

5. Garnish with chives and ground black pepper.

Cooking crack chicken in the Instant Pot
    Love your Instant Pot? We've got you covered.

1. Mix the cream cheese mixture as stated in step 1.

2. Place chicken breasts at the bottom of your instant pot. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top.

3. Close the lid and the vent and cook on high for 15 minutes. Let steam naturally release for 10 min. Open the lid and stir. Let the sauce thicken for a few minutes.

4. Garnish with chives and ground black pepper.

Recommended special equipment
    Slow cooker.

Flag
    Insightful
    Inspiring
    Hug
    Leave a Comment
    Type your comment
    You can use BBCode in your post.

Quick Links
    Categories
    Recent Discussions
    Groups
    My Groups
    My Bookmarks
    My Discussions
    My Drafts
    Community Guidelines
    Help
    Calorie Counter
    Blog
    Terms
    Privacy
    Contact Us
    API
    Jobs
    Feedback
    Community Guidelines
    AdChoices
    Do Not Sell My Personal Information
    © 2021 MyFitnessPal, Inc.

• 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Susan!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Balls

Makes 2 Dozen Energy Balls

Ingredients

1 cup pecan halves
    1 cup quick oats
    1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
    3 tablespoons honey
    1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    a pinch (about 1/16 teaspoon) sea salt
    1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
    1/4 cup coconut, optional

Instructions

Place 1 cup pecans in a mini food processor (we like to use the smallest, “mini” container in our Ninja processor set). Process, scraping the sides occasionally, until the pecans have reached a consistency similar to natural peanut butter. You should end up with approximately 1/2 cup of "pecan butter."

Place pecan butter in a medium bowl and add oats, flax, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine.

Add chocolate chips and coconut (if using). Stir again, just until chips and coconut are evenly distributed.

Using your hands, press firmly to form one-inch balls.

Place in air-tight container and refrigerate until serving.

Bon Appetite!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Total Time: 30 minutes
    Calories: 450
    Serves 6

Ingredients

* 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
    * 1 tsp Italian seasoning
    * 1/2 tsp garlic powder
    * 1 medium yellow onion, minced
    * 3 cloves garlic, minced
    * 16 oz dried short-cut pasta
    * 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
    * water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
    * 1 cup mozzarella cheese
    * 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
    * salt and pepper, to taste
    * additional dried Italian seasoning, optional
    * fresh parsley and/or basil, minced for garnish

Instructions

* To a large pot or skillet (I used my dutch oven), add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over MED-HIGH heat.  Add chicken, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.  Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is most of the way cooked through.  Remove to a plate.
    * Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes, until soft.  Pour in marinara sauce, fill up empty sauce jar with water and add to the pot.  Bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer.
    * Add chicken and pasta, stir, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to your liking.  Stir in parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
    * Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dish and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and gooey.
    * Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning if desired, and garnish with parsley or basil.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Great Lunch for Work or School

Taco Salad in a Jar
    Take Small container of Dressing
    When Ready to Eat:
    Just pour out in Bowl, add Dressing and Mix Well for a Nutritious Lunch

Ingredients
    * 3 cups lettuce
    * 1 cup cooked corn
    * 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained
    * 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
    * 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
    * 1/2 cup crumbled tortilla chips
    * 6 cilantro leaves for topping

Instructions
    Divide the ingredients into half for two separate salad jars.

Place the following ingredients into the jar starting with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, chips and cilantro.

Put the lid on and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.

When ready to eat, put salad into a bowl and Top with your favorite dressing and season with salt and pepper.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Quick and Easy Egg Drop Soup

PREP TIME
    7 mins
    COOK TIME
    13 mins
    TOTAL TIME
    20 mins
    SERVINGS
    4 servings

Homemade chicken stock is the best for this.

Also, if you can't locate any of the mushroom types indicated in the recipe, crimini (aka: baby bellas) will do just fine. Or, you can just leave them out all together.
    Ginger is what makes the soup hot and spicy. Dial it down to 1/4 teaspoon if you want a more mild soup. Or like me I eliminate it completely.

Ingredients

* 4 cups chicken stock, homemade preferred, divided
    * 1 tablespoon cornstarch
    * 3/4 cup enoki mushrooms or sliced shiitake mushrooms
    * 3 green onions, chopped
    * 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if cooking gluten-free)
    * Scant 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
    * 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    * 3 large eggs, lightly beaten

Method

* Make the cornstarch slurry: 
Measure out 1/2 cup of the stock and mix with the cornstarch until dissolved.

Bring the soup ingredients to a boil:

* Place the remaining chicken stock, mushrooms, green onions (reserving a few for garnish), ginger, soy sauce, and white pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
    * Stir in the cornstarch slurry and reduce the heat to a simmer.

Stir in the beaten eggs:

* Slowly pour in the beaten eggs while stirring the soup slowly. The egg will spread out into ribbons.

Serve:

* Turn off the heat and garnish with a few more chopped green onions. Serve immediately.

For me I pureed the soup once it is made and add more liquid if it is too thick for me to drink

A delicious and easy Egg Drop Soup
    Bon Appetite! 😋
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Easy Raspberry Smoothie {3 Ingredients}

Course Breakfast or Snack

Prep Time 5 minutes
    Total Time 5 minutes

Servings 2
    Calories 221kcal

2 cups frozen raspberries
    2 bananas super ripe and spotty
    1 cup of unsweetened almond-vanilla milk or almond milk or you choose any milk or soy milk you enjoy!

Instructions

In a high-powered blender, add the frozen raspberries, peeled ripe bananas, and your Milk of choice. Blend on high until smoothie is creamy. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Ham and Potato Corn Chowder

ingredients

* 3 tablespoons oil or butter
    * 1 onion, diced
    * 2 carrots, diced
    * 2 stalks celery, diced
    * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
    * 1/4 cup flour (or rice flour for gluten free)
    * 2 cups ham broth or chicken broth
    * 2 cups milk (or heavy cream)
    * 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced small and optionally peeled
    * 8 ounces ham, diced
    * 1 cup corn
    * salt and pepper to taste

directions
    1. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
    2. Mix in the garlic, thyme and flour and cook until the flour is lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
    3. Slowly stir in the broth, deglazing the pan as you go, add the milk and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
    4. Add the ham and corn, cook until heated and season with salt and pepper.
    Option: Start by cooking 4 strips of bacon, crumbling and setting aside before using the bacon grease to cook the veggies instead of the oil and then use the crumbled bacon as garnish.

Option: Omit the carrots and celery.
    Option: Replace the potato with cauliflower.
    Option: Fry the ham until slightly crispy on the outside before adding it to the soup.
    Option: Add 1-2 tablespoons white miso paste by taking some of the hot broth and mixing it into the miso in a bowl and then mixing it back into the chowder as you remove it from the heat. (The miso adds a nice umami flavour!) Note: miso is salty so you will not need to season with as much salt.

Nutrition Facts: Calories 320, Fat 13g (Saturated 3g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 29mg, Sodium 509mg, Carbs 38g (Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g), Protein 13g
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Healthy Strawberry Banana Avocado Smoothie

Ingredients

1 cup Strawberries
    1 Banana (I prefer a frozen one)
    1/2 Avocado
    1/3 cup Vanilla Yogurt or Greek Yogurt is best
    1/3 cup Skim or Soy milk (I use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk)
    1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional) (I don’t use)

Instructions

Step 1

Chop up strawberries and banana into small pieces and Scoop out the Avocado flesh

Step 2

Put all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth

Makes 1 serving!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Curried Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potato and Mint

Ingredients

* 1 cup quinoa
    * 2 cups Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
    * 3 cups cubed sweet potato
    * 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
    * 1 tsp honey
    * 1/4 cup red onion
    * 1 tbsp mild yellow curry paste
    * 1/4 tsp salt
    * 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    * 1/3 cup plain yogurt
    * 1/4 cup dried currant or raisins
    * 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
    * 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves

Directions

1. Place quinoa and broth in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.  

2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Spread sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined rimmed baking tray and drizzle with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the olive oil. Roast in oven, turning occasionally until golden and tender on the inside, about 20 minutes.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together honey, red onion, curry paste, salt, lemon juice, yogurt and remaining olive oil. Stir in cooked quinoa. Toss with roasted sweet potatoes, currants, almonds and mint. Serve on a platter with extra mint if desired.  

Optional Make ahead: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Optional add ¼ cup (60mL) crumbled feta or goat cheese on top.

Bon Appetite! 😋
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Summer Salad with Corn, Strawberries and Avocado

Ingredients

* 1 ear of corn, husks removed
    * 1 long English cucumber, chopped
    * 2 cups cherry tomatoes (vine-ripened if possible!)
    * 1/2 an avocado, cubed
    * 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
    * 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
    * 1/3 cup crumbled feta
    * 1/2 a lemon, juice only
    * 2 Tbsp olive oil
    * Salt + pepper to taste

Instructions

* To steam the corn, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, you can either add the ear of corn straight into the water or place it in a steamer basket. Cover with a lid and let steam for 5 minutes.

* While the corn steams, chop up all other ingredients! This includes the strawberries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Crumble the feta, chop the fresh basil, and set aside.

* Once the corn is done, remove from water and allow to cool for a few minutes (until it's comfortable to touch). Using a large knife, place the corn upright and slice the kernels off into a bowl.

* In a large salad bowl, add the kernels of corn, sliced strawberries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado chunks. Sprinkle with crumbled feta, chopped basil, olive oil, freshly-squeezed lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss everything to combine.

* You can enjoy this salad immediately, or place it in the fridge for 30 mins to allow it to cool!

Notes

*While best enjoyed immediately, this salad will keep for about 1 day. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge!

*If making in advance, add the avocado, lemon juice, and olive oil immediately before serving (to prevent any sogginess).
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Dinner Omelet: 1 Large
    Serves 2 People

Ingredients
    * 4 large eggs
    * 1/4 cup milk
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    * 1 tablespoon butter
    * 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
    * 1/2 cup chopped tomato
    * 3 tablespoons minced green onion
    * 1/2 cup shredded havarti cheese

Steps to Make

Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and beat well to mix.

Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Starting the omelet with a hot pan helps the omelet form a golden-brown crust.

Reduce the heat to low. As the eggs cook, pull the mixture to the center of the pan with a rubber spatula and gently lift the cooked portions to allow the uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath . Be careful not to break up the omelet shape.

Cook until the eggs are just set and the bottom is barely lightly golden but the top is still shiny and moist.

Sprinkle the mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, and cheese evenly over the eggs.

Fold the omelet in half using a rubber spatula. Cover, and cook for one minute longer to allow the cheese to melt.

Serves 2 People

Makes 1 Large Omelet, serving 1 half each per person

Double recipe for larger portions

For a Complete Meal:

Choose any of the following: Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, Green Salad and or Toast!

Bon Appetite! 😋