Anyone here?

Options
lorib642
lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
It has been quiet.

My goal is at least 14 hr overnight fast. I have been going longer. I am also trying to stay in ketosis while increasing fiber. It is a challenge. I am type 2 diabetic and my glucose is in control.

I was making yogurt with half and half but discovered I am lactose intolerant. I have been attempting making coconut milk yogurt. It has ranged from gelatin, to soupy to sour. The gelatin was okay, just not yogurt. The others I threw in smoothies. I am going to try again today. If this batch does not work I will switch to a coconut cream recipe. I don’t want to give up since I invested in the yogurt maker and I don’t know what else I can do with it.

I have not noticed any changes with fasting, yet. My weight had stalled before I started.

How are others doing with fasting and diet?

Replies

• rjason1986
    rjason1986 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, I just got back on my fasting and exercise program after some personal issues caused a spike in depression and lack of motivation. So far I dropped 3lbs after 1 24 period of not eating and going to the gym. I had breakfast today and going to the gym at 6pm CST. I will eat again tomorrow probably after 36 hours fasted. I'm trying to work up to a 5-10 fast with exercise. I'm hitting it full throttle now with the gym and will maintain my intermittent fasting periods as well. I'm thinking of doing the warrior diet which is 20 hour fast every day eating 1 very large meal in the late afternoon/early evenings or stick to the carnivore diet like I was before since Keto is hard for me to maintain.

Just stick to it. One of the things to avoid are highly processed foods, Carbs(breads, rice, chips, pastas etc) and sugar. Make sure you are staying hydrated and if you can try pushing your window to 16 hours and see if that helps. I know since you're a diabetic this may not be possible but since you've adapted to 14 and your glucose is under control you may be able to push it to 16 hours of fasted.
  • Rhiannonmueller5599
    Options
    I noticed there arent a lot of active OMAD or fasting groups. I LOVED making yogurt. I used a half gallon of good yogurt in my instapot and then strained for greek style. I am lactose intolerant as well. Pills to the rescue.

I'm only 2 weeks. My tight cloths are tolerable and bloat is gone. No more pressure in my head, neck, and chest after eating no matter what size meal.

Doing OMAD, but as a Catholic, planning on (and have) taking Wed or Fri as a 1 small meal only day (600 cal). I do keep carbs to a minimum - shoot for 50-60g.

Tech not supposed to count cal/macros on omad ( unless ketoing), but at my size, I think it's a necessity.

Pax all!