October 30

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Saturday Oct 30

Exercise: yes 30 minute dog walk
    Calories under: yes
    Tracked all: yes

Not winner’s circle as have used 4/3 passes
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I have two forms of "air fryers". The first one is a multifunction countertop unit that serves as a toaster oven, air fryer, roaster, etc. Has heating elements on top and bottom, a fan to circulate, with 3 rack height levels, and came with a rack, basket, sheet pan and rotisserie. The second one came in the form of our new oven which can also do convection and air frying.

I think of them as tools and love them. I don't air fry anything for myself specifically. That really requires either a starchy thing (which I don't find healthy for me) or something like chicken wings which I haven't had in a long while. For the most part the only fatty meats I do are fish or an occasional steak or sausage.

But those settings are useful depending what I might like to do with something. Cook times and textures can be radically changed for someone with the knack. Thus why I say I consider them tools and not "recipe enablers", if that makes sense.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,701 Member
    Options
    Thanks @WhatMeRunning i should check our new stove I know it has convection 2 ovens and a dehydrate mode. I was thinking things like califlower Brussels sprouts homemade mozzarella sticks etc. We have the instant pot and really like once again thanks
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Options
    @snowshoe072

We have this air fryer:

https://www.amazon.ca/CUISINART-TOA-60C-AirFryer-Convection-Silver/dp/B075BL334F/ref=asc_df_B075BL334F/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292899321329&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5897398161075668584&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001346&hvtargid=pla-523065677418&psc=1

We bought it at first to use at our trailer instead of firing up the oven, but we like it at home too. Again, a lot of the times for us it's just easier than using the bigger oven. We are a family of two so it always fits our portion size.

We made some buffalo cauliflower wings for football a few weeks ago and they were good. But we don't even bust out recipes that often - just use it to cook frozen things or finish meat, etc.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,548 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @snowshoe072 Yes to the air fryer. It does a great job with unhealthy foods, lol, but I use it regularly to roast veggies. It preheats quickly and the small space really makes a difference in concentrating the heat to brown/crisp foods. I made Brussell Sprouts just yesterday and they were great.

I have the Ninja Foodie Grill which is an air fryer combo.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @snowshoe072 We have a Gourmia 6 Quart Digital Air Fryer - picked up at Costco for $64.99 🇨🇦 Used it quite a bit during this past super hot summer and continue to use it. Makes the easiest and best easy peel hard boiled eggs - and I do up a batch most Sundays. Makes the best baked salmon, chicken breasts from frozen, roasted veggies of all kinds, and baked (russet or sweet) potatoes. It reheats leftovers so I swear they taste better than day one (and I throw a Costco rotisserie chicken into it to “finish” it). It has been a great purchase for our family.

I used to use my Instant Pot regularly in the fall/winter, but am using it less time goes by.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,886 Member
    Options
    No air fryer or insta here.

✅✅✅
    0 pass days
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OCT 30 - Pass day
    Exercise ❎
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    @snowshoe072 Yes to the air fryer. It does a great job with unhealthy foods, lol, but I use it regularly to roast veggies. It preheats quickly and the small space really makes a difference in concentrating the heat to brown/crisp foods. I made Brussell Sprouts just yesterday and they were great.

I have the Ninja Foodie Grill which is an air fryer combo.

This is what we have - the Ninja Foodie Grill. We love it. It's an air fryer, dehydrator, and an inside grill. Hubby used it alot more than the outside grill this year. (He's getting lazier in his old age!) Lol.

@jamcnewman how many minutes and what temp do you do your hard boiled eggs in the air fryer? I've not tried that before... and just HATE peeling hard boiled eggs!!!