October 15

Options

Replies

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,713 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 – well done, that’s a real victory and will stand you in good stead for “life after diet”.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @jjjcat – clothes fitting better makes you feel so much more comfortable.

@mshawski – getting an insight into your patterns of behaviour is a useful tool for the future.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady, You have put a lot of thought into your meals – both with the planning and the review – so you are definitely on the right track.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    Several people have mentioned fitting into clothes better as their NSV. Feeling good in your clothes is a real win. Cuter clothes, items that used to fit and can now be worn again, it’s all good.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    My NSV is that I bought several cute winter sweaters and tops at the thrift store last weekend. It's been a long time since I've been able to wear "cute clothes" because I always wore tops that were very large, loose, and "blousy" so that people couldn't see my fat rolls as easily.

Love this! Enjoy the clothes.

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes!
    Tracking /calories no
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,979 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @bradkcrew and @Jillygirl0220 I agree, turning 60 does not suck! I'm 61. :blush: Happy Belated Birthdays to you both.

@readyornot1234 LOL that is so funny, thanks for the laugh! :D

Yesterday I'm going to call Pass Day 5. I may not have tracked some of the nibbling that I was doing......

I guess I'd say my NSV is that even though I do NOT like to run on the treadmill, I'd rather run outside, I did tolerate our treadmill because I had to quarantine. Since Tuesday I'd been staying at home while waiting to see if DH and my colds were really colds or if we actually had Covid. So I didn't want to go run on a trail with other people around that I might possibly infect, but my cold wasn't so bad that I needed to avoid running altogether. So despite not liking to run on the treadmill I DID run on the treadmill for 30 minutes 4 days this week (plus 30 min walk) --Tues, Wed, Thurs and Friday. And before we knew that a scout dad on the camping trip that DH went on this past weekend had Covid, I did a 7 mile run outside. Thankfully tests show we do not have Covid! I will get back to running outside on Monday, looking forward to meeting up with my running
    partner then. Today and tomorrow to give my body a rest to finally get rid of this mild cold altogether, I'll just walk on the treadmill. ☺
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    October 15

My positive takeaways from this are that I caught myself quickly, that I still want to be on this journey to better health, and that I have this incredibly supportive community to help me figure some things out.

You're doing amazingly: you've just started your MFP health journey and you're already recognizing that your success is measured by how quickly you get back on track and the need to figure out what derailed you to prevent it in the future. Keep moving forward, you have this! <3
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @bradkcrew! 🥳
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @jamcnewman don’t beat yourself up – only 2 pass days so far is fantastic! Life happens, but you already have a plan. You have recognised that the journey to better health is worth doing and the group is here to support you.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »

My positive takeaways from this are that I caught myself quickly, that I still want to be on this journey to better health, and that I have this incredibly supportive community to help me figure some things out.

Thank you

Julie

@jamcnewman catching yourself quickly is a great gain and that is very encouraging. You are on the right track. Keep it up!
  • victorious55
    Options
    @bradkcrew - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎉🎂🎁🎊🎈

NSV - I was taking care of my neighbor’s dog last week. When I went in one late afternoon to feed the dog, I accidentally left the key on their counter and locked myself out but didn’t realize until I was going back later that night to give the dog a stroll and to close the dog door. It is a medium size dog with a not so big dog door and inside there is only a foot of space between the wall and the washing machine. Somehow I managed to wiggle through the dog door sideways and then get to a standing position in that little space. The combination of being small enough to fit through the dog door and fit enough to get to a standing position (thank you squats) at almost 60 amazed me - although I couldn’t fend off the dog’s kisses so … something to work on. I hope they don’t have cameras in their house. Or maybe I do, because I would love to see what I looked like.

Friday, October 15

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, full body stretch warm up, cycle 75 min, cool down ride, post ride stretch

Your NSV brighten my day!
  • victorious55
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Oct 15:
    ✅✅✅

Pass Days Used: 2/3 (4Oct) (12Oct)

Exercise today was walking 3.5 miles after work at the chiropractor's office while waiting on the laundry.

My NSV is that I bought several cute winter sweaters and tops at the thrift store last weekend. It's been a long time since I've been able to wear "cute clothes" because I always wore tops that were very large, loose, and "blousy" so that people couldn't see my fat rolls as easily.

Cute clothes!!! :):):) Wow O. This is a great NSV. I am sure you are going to get lots of good comments when you start wearing them.
  • victorious55
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @bradkcrew .. .
    vh1vvbv6b5qk.jpg

• lovingcaring
    lovingcaring Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oct 15th

Track eats/drinks? Yes
    Within calorie budget? Yes
    Exercise? Walk 25 min warm up and cool down

It’s ok to push your plate away! I always felt that you needed to finish everything on plate. Guess what! You don’t