October 1

Options

Replies

• Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes x3

For October I'm going to try out 2x yoga a week, 2x running and 2x strength training with a misc day
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OCT 1
    Exercise ✅ [1:20 h walk]
  • ALittleMe
    ALittleMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oct. 1st

Tracked: Yes
    Stayed in budget: Yes
    Exercised: Yes

Passes used: 0
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,815 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew - It never seems to fail that the next run after an amazing one just seems to suck. Some weird universal law or something. I wish I could say that the next run after a sucky one is awesome, but it doesn't work that way. Tends more in the direction of sucks, it seems. But the good runs are worth all of the sucky ones.

I once took a few weeks and wrote down EVERYTHING that effected your pace or enjoyment of a run. The list ran off the page.... It was incredible to me just how many variables there were. If we could figure out how to make all runs the gazelle type we could be rich tho... let's put our heads together to do this. LOL

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oct 1

✅ Exercise: weight lifting, 40 minutes of swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

Passes used this month: 0

Goals: Do the above and continue to learn about MyFitnessPal and what sources of support here work best for me. If you are in another group that is helpful, I would appreciate knowing about it. Also would appreciate knowing more about how to be a good friend here. I keep getting friend requests from people who don´t share anything about themselves, have nothing in their profile, don´t share thier logs, don´t comment on my progress or logs, and may be new to the forums but definitely aren´t new to MyFitnessPal. Is there some underlying reasion I am not aware of for friend requests?
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @ideas2 - IGNORE those spam friend requests. We all get them regularly. Some are immediately obvious due to nudity or otherwise ridiculous profile pic. Others are not so obvious except that they come with no message, their profile and status history is empty, and zero to few friends, none of them being anyone you have ever heard of. I save the request for a day or two to see if that name shows up in any threads or groups I participate in just in case. The only "real" friend requests have always been immediately recognizable.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    [

I once took a few weeks and wrote down EVERYTHING that effected your pace or enjoyment of a run. The list ran off the page.... It was incredible to me just how many variables there were. If we could figure out how to make all runs the gazelle type we could be rich tho... let's put our heads together to do this. LOL

I can't believe you used the word "gazelle," because that is the same analogy I was thinking during my 10k! There were killer hills, which I tackled fearlessly, and when I hit the flat parts and the downhills it felt so good. I even remarked to my son when I finished, "I felt like a gazelle!"

I try to do the same kind of systems check to figure out what my problems are. Are my clothes and shoes comfortable, does anything hurt, how is my knee, how's the temperature, did I eat correctly, am I hydrated, is my playlist good, etc., but for the most part all is good, it just comes down to lack of energy and my legs just not wanting to cooperate. I can't figure it out because it isn't like it starts miles in, it starts with the first step. I can only believe that it lack of muscle or lack of calories...I just don't know.
  • jmf552
    jmf552 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 20 minute dog walk, one hour kickboxing class.
    Calories within goals.
    Everything tracked.

Feeling good.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Revising my Oct. 1 post to a pass day. I can't explain the "why", but the "when" was last night, the "who" was me, the "where" was right there in front of the pantry, the "how" was a spoon, and the "what" was peanut butter.

I'm working to just move past it, no need to let that disrupt things. But dang...what the flip was that??? 🤯😱😖😖

ETA - Since I have never heard of a peanut butter hangover, I may have somehow kicked myself out of ketosis on that one. Just weird.

Oh I’ve been here. Far too regularly. 😂 I’ve actually made it a rule in my house that people can’t leave the PB anywhere visible to me after using it. It is a dangerous delicious calorie bomb. However - It is actually a good source of several vitamins I often find myself low on though - so maybe something for you to consider if it was a compulsive thing? (A couple of the B’s, Magnesium, etc)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    Revising my Oct. 1 post to a pass day. I can't explain the "why", but the "when" was last night, the "who" was me, the "where" was right there in front of the pantry, the "how" was a spoon, and the "what" was peanut butter.

I'm working to just move past it, no need to let that disrupt things. But dang...what the flip was that??? 🤯😱😖😖

ETA - Since I have never heard of a peanut butter hangover, I may have somehow kicked myself out of ketosis on that one. Just weird.

Oh I’ve been here. Far too regularly. 😂 I’ve actually made it a rule in my house that people can’t leave the PB anywhere visible to me after using it. It is a dangerous delicious calorie bomb. However - It is actually a good source of several vitamins I often find myself low on though - so maybe something for you to consider if it was a compulsive thing? (A couple of the B’s, Magnesium, etc)
    Thanks! I'll have to look into magnesium. I had blood labs last week, curious if that was on there and what it was. I take a daily multi vitamin regimen that includes B's. I don't know where it is in magnesium though so going to check some things.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,005 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew have you ever used a massage stick for your legs? I have the Original "The Stick" pictured below. It really helps when I use it on my quads on a regular basis before and after runs. Makes my legs less achy during runs. You start rolling it with light pressure and then go deeper, really feeling the knots. I use it mainly on my quads but also my hamstrings and calves (not supposed to use on shins). A little pricey but I think worth it!
    ci8x4lz5da42.jpg

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 71 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No I didn't
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes I did

Hate to start a new month with a pass day, but it is what it is! My husband and I took my mom for a nice high tea at the Banff Springs Hotel. It's was a case of getting myself into a food hole I couldn't dig out of with exercise! It happens... I still made my best effort to move as much as possible but I timed out as we are on holidays right now and have lots going on. Onwards!

Pass days used - 1/3

@ashleycarole86
    We lived in Banff for 7 years (before having our daughter). I am so glad you took in that high tea and your mom would have loved that special time with you! It is a wonderful fancy treat in a perfect setting. Enjoy your holiday! 🏔

Julie