In a zone - still might not be the right one!

Options
Janatki
Janatki Posts: 730 Member
Hello all!
Sorry for the break, but have been popping in & out, marvelling at all your progess!
Been off for a while, but find myself in a zone to start logging again & in a better place than was.
Also, back on bike a bit and enjoying walking again - only about 4,000 steps a day, but it is a start
Was feeling so low & tired & ill so I’ve set my (MFP) calories to lose 1/2 to a lb per week which gives me some wriggle room and those extra calories are helping to lessen the hunger and give me some energy!
Had a lovely two weeks holiday in Cornwall in camper van…ate too much, drank too much!
Have had to rejig my mindset to remember that it is not the end of the world if I go over, but I do find prolonged calorie counting / weighing triggered some bizzare eating habits and I don’t want to go back there, so I’m going to weigh myself less frequently and go on how my clothes fit and how much energy I have … will see how it goes… Hello all!

Replies

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi! 👋 Welcome back.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Hi, Janatki. Glad you are back! Thank goodness the world isn't going to end - but, boy, I know that weird feeling! So much pressure we put on ourselves.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    👋
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Glad you've resurfaced!
  • Janatki
    Options
    Lovely to be back! ….seeing how it goes, but if them flipping anxiety 🐹’s come back, I’ll be bolting for them hills again! Hoping with plan they will stay serene and steady …. In for a slow marathon …not a sprint … well that is what I am telling them ⛱🐹
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    👍🤞
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Flippin' hamsters.

I would have hoped that overfeeding them for a week - like those poor foie gras geese - would knock them out maybe even kill the little beggars - but it doesn't work that way. Those hamsters just get more and more demanding and flaunt their damn-the-body-supporting-me attitude.

And I once quite liked hamsters. I thought they were cute with their little food pouches all packed full as can be every chance they got.

Now I better understand what I thought of as the "wayward" behaviour of Licorice. My sweet little feline friend from a few decades ago wasn't perverse or cruel. She was smart. Very smart.

(okay - maybe this isn't the best approach either, but right now I"ma feelin' like some hamster hunting is in order)
  • Janatki
    Options
    Hamster free zone …is what we need! Not sure what would get them hamsters off our backs?! We’re stuck with ‘em I’m afraid! 🐹🐹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ykqv31yvaaot.jpg