Hello, I'm new(ish), and here's a good recipe :D

Options
CARoberts73
CARoberts73 Posts: 71 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
Hi everyone! I was here a few years ago, but now I'm back...like a bad, overweight penny. :smiley:

I'm 48, doing keto, need to lose about 40-50 lbs

I've been lurking for a week or so but I had a really good lunch today so thought I'd share.

It was a fancy salad with romaine, real bacon bits, canned lump crab, few tomato slices from my garden, parmesan cheese, (you can add avocado and egg if you want, I meant to, but forgot...because keto flu) and Marie's ceasar dressing, 2 tbspns. It was so freakin' good!

Clocked out at 3 net carbs, 23 fat, 17 protein and it was something nice and fresh because I never thought I'd say this but.....I get sick of the heavier fatty stuff.

<3

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    love those big-assed salads! welcome to the group. Just eat fat to satiety, that is enough.
  • CARoberts73
    Options
    Thank you. That is one thing I'm definitely struggling with. Finding the balance between enough fat but not too much. Good rule of thumb.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    I love the big salads too, with everything thrown in! I used to make them like crazy, but it ended up being more work! LOL! Now I just buy those premade salads at WM and add chicken! But yeah, I need to make a big salad again!
  • CARoberts73
    Options
    Hello fellow NYer!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow NYer!

Hi there! Where about's are you from? I'm near Lake George - Adirondacks! I'm a bit disappointed that the trees haven't quite changed color yet. I took this week off to go on short road trips in the mountains to photograph Fall, but it hasn't happened yet! :( LOL!
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Big *kitten* salad most of the week here. I love a good chicken or steak ceasar or a taco salad.
  • CARoberts73
    Options
    Hello fellow NYer!

Hi there! Where about's are you from? I'm near Lake George - Adirondacks! I'm a bit disappointed that the trees haven't quite changed color yet. I took this week off to go on short road trips in the mountains to photograph Fall, but it hasn't happened yet! :( LOL!

I'm at the *other* end of the Adirondacks, in the foothills, about half an hour from Old Forge. :D I know your area well, though. My former inlaws were in the capital region so Lake George was always a good meet up spot for us!