Pumkin Beer

Options
Tis the season for Pumpkin beer . I am going to Old Bag of Nails for a keg tapping of Pumking mmmm :)

My fav is Icabob (sp)

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 4 pack of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin and a 22 of Pumking this weekend. Let fall begin!
  • hallo_spacedog
    hallo_spacedog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the typical pumpkin pie spice bomb that most pumpkin beers are, though Saranac's pumpkin ale is probably one of the very first craft beers I had way back in the day.

That said, I love Jolly Pumpkin's La Parcela, because it's got more of a complex, slightly sour/funky taste to it than other pumpkin beers, with the spices subdued in the background instead. Worth trying if you see it around anywhere.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Avery Rumkin. OMFG It's so freakin good. It's hard to find though.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Avery Rumkin. OMFG It's so freakin good. It's hard to find though.

Great beer. Southern Tier Pumking and Cambridge Brewing Company's The Great Pumpkin are also great. Oh yeah, how can I forget, Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. OH! and Shipyard bourbon barrel smashed pumpkin. That one really surprised me.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 4 pack of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin and a 22 of Pumking this weekend. Let fall begin!
    These, Avery, and Cigar City... cleeear winners.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    New Belgium's Kick is pretty dang good... haven't seen it yet this year.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Yah, pumpkick is out. Wanna try something neat? Mix 1 part Pumpkick / 1 part Abbey. It's a new belgium belgian ale.

Crap. Totally forgot Hoppin' Frog Double Pumpkin.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Yah, pumpkick is out. Wanna try something neat? Mix 1 part Pumpkick / 1 part Abbey. It's a new belgium belgian ale.

Abbey is one of my standby beers. I'll haveto pick up some Pumpkick and try this. I think I saw it at the store the other day.
  • trogalicious
    Options

Abbey is one of my standby beers. I'll haveto pick up some Pumpkick and try this. I think I saw it at the store the other day.
    the cranberry / pumpkin mixes well with the belgian spice notes from the abbey. pretty good mix for relatively available brews.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Avery Rumkin. OMFG It's so freakin good.

that
    Great beer. Southern Tier Pumking

and that.

curious to see what will appear this year, i feel like over the last few years the market gets more and more saturated with seasonal offerings.

also, pumpkin beer and a BA stout make a fun black + tan.
    also also, the really sweet pumpkin beers (ie. aforementioned Pumking) make killer ice cream floats.
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Weyerbacher's pumpkin beer is probably my favorite with Summit Pumpkin Porter, Dogfish head and Southern Tier closely behind. Last fall Lakefront made a pumpkin infused Fuel café stout that was excellent, I'm hoping to find a firkin or two of that this fall.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Im planning a Pumpkin beer tasting soon :)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Great Lakes Octoberfest the other night and it was fantastic! I know it's not necessarily "pumpkin" flavored, but a great fall beer nonetheless!

Cheers!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Great Lakes Octoberfest the other night and it was fantastic! I know it's not necessarily "pumpkin" flavored, but a great fall beer nonetheless!

Cheers!

I have this in my closet right now. Beer fridge is still full of summer stuff, but when I saw it at the store, I couldn't help myself.
  • sjohnny
    Options

the cranberry / pumpkin mixes well with the belgian spice notes from the abbey. pretty good mix for relatively available brews.

I did this last night. It was pretty good. I thought the Pumpkick alone was okay. The mix with the Abbey was definitely better.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • sjohnny
    Options

HOLY CRAP! I picked up a Pumking yesterday. I'll have to keep an eye out for this. I LOVE Imperial Stouts and I'm intrigued by this combination. I hope they ship this stuff down here.
  • trogalicious
    Options

HOLY CRAP! I picked up a Pumking yesterday. I'll have to keep an eye out for this. I LOVE Imperial Stouts and I'm intrigued by this combination. I hope they ship this stuff down here.
    agreed. much.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Just finished the bottle and paired it with a nice ribeye, really liked it. Liked it better than Pumking, the spice notes are pretty apparent, quite tasty.