TEAM: Run Track Minds (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Dymphnadaniels
    Sunday
    PW: 300.2
    CW: 296.9
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 210.0
    CW: 209.8

I didn’t do my daily check-ins last week and ended up not logging most of the week. Went to the next town over for a dr’s appointment and went a little crazy on going to new places… I bought so much food, most of them desserts and had no clue how to log most of it so just called it a wash. I had a couple days I walked last week but was pretty unmotivated, work, my period and some other stuff made me feel tired and drained.

On the plus side, I also went to the farmers market and got a lot of healthier foods. I should be set up to eat better this week. Am going to see about putting together my salads for lunch later today and have already gone on my walk today. Still need to decide what I want to make for my dinners this week but I have meats in the freezer and plenty of veggies to give me a lot of options to choose from. Also have some tofu to use. I ordered my favorite garlic seasoning online and got a BBQ seasoning mix to try that I might use with the tofu.
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have a kind of funny NSV. I was out walking last week and my pants were loose enough I accidentally mooned people on the bus. Lol
  • AB0215
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Mini-Accountability Challenge

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215 (username)
    Week 1 (which week it is)
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Welcome to the October Challenge!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Also we are still looking for a Captain who would be willing to assist with admin for the group.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    HI All,
    Not sure why I am up this week but I am..I have had a bunch of salty food so I think that is why (fingers crossed)!
    WI for Oct wk 1: 171
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday (1 October)
    PW = 146.82 lb
    CW = 146.82 lb
    Thank you. :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    Mini Accountability (Daily Post) Sunday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour walk with my neighbor and her German Sheppards (they are great walking incentives)

Comments: I almost got all my plans done, we're just going to take the win.
  • KakoHikes
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Sunday 10/03
    Tracked: No- Eating the last of the random things I got this week
    Under Calories: Probably not
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minute walk outside

Monday 10/04
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes! 45 minute walk outside. My long day at work, and normally my rest day. Was wiped after work, talked myself into a short walk down the street and then got enthused and did the whole loop
  • AB0215
    Options
    Monday

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weightlifting, 45 mins walking

Tuesday

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weightlifting, 45 mins walking.

Comments: Had a tough day at work. I was determined not to let it get to me but it definitely did, however, I did stick to my plans and that's definitely making it better :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Sunday 10/03
    Tracked: No- Eating the last of the random things I got this week
    Under Calories: Probably not
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minute walk outside

Monday 10/04
    Exercise: Yes! 45 minute walk outside. My long day at work, and normally my rest day. Was wiped after work, talked myself into a short walk down the street and then got enthused and did the whole loop

@KakoHikes Nice! Great job!
  • jackiej311
    jackiej311 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Jackiej311
    Week 1: weigh in day Wed
    PW =238.8
    CW= 234.7
  • jackiej311
    Options
    Daily Post: Mon and Tues

Calories: were a bit under, trying to get better at reaching my calorie goal.
    Exercise: yes, went to the gym (finally!) Did 2 miles on treadmill and a bit of weightlifting
    Comments: trying to get the hang of posting on this thread. Been doing good on my tracking and started doing Keto. So far feel amazing and have finally gotten the motivation to add exercise as well! Now I just need to make a habit of it again 😄 slowly but surely I will get back into working out and fitness like I was a few years back.
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Tuesday 10/05
    Under Calories: No, was still hungry after dinner and so had a banana. Healthy but put me over my calories by 80
    Exercise: Yes, Ring fit adventure for 30 minutes. Wasn’t feeling it but at least it happened.

Been trying to talk myself into walking for a few hours now, ended up taking a two hour nap to begin with… I’ve been so good about avoiding naps lately but guess I needed. I am now mostly dressed for walking outside, just need shoes, going to go through a couple MFP threads I follow for motivation and then get myself outside for atleast 15 minutes and hopefully get enthused
  • AB0215
    Options
    Mini Accountability Post Wednesday

Exercise: Yes

Comments: This seems applicable today. I spent an hour or so with my neighbor and her dog trainer today. He spent a lot of time explaining to Lincoln's parents that we're training him to make better choices. The idea is that over time, repeating these actions, he'll make better choices on his own, instead of barking at the neighbor or chasing the girl next door while she's on her skateboard. The truth is, we're doing things in much the same way. We're training ourselves to make better choices and over time, those choices will start to become automatic, but there is that period where you have to be more strict or careful not to undo those new habits before they come a habit. The same way that Lincoln is in training all day every day, we are too. We're retraining our habits so that bad days don't knock us off course. Eventually we won't even talk ourselves out of that walk after dinner or talk ourselves into ordering pizza because we've had a crappy day and it's easier. That is the day I'm looking forward to.
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    DracoCapricorn
    Week 1: weigh in day Sunday
    PW=146(September)
    CW=146.2
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Wednesday 10/06
    Exercise: Yes, 35 minute walk. I didn't have the umpff needed for the hill, and turned around there instead. Still had a nice walked and appreciated being outside once I got going
  • jackiej311
    Options
    Wednesday 10/6
    Track: yes
    Calories: spot on
    Exercise: gym. 30mins cardio and 20mins weight lifting
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Thursday 10/07
    Exercise: Yes, 55 minute walk, did my normal loop(hill included) and walked a couple side streets to increase my distance a bit
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    w0nrl8c129ik.jpeg

My coworkers and I were reminiscing about a challenge course we did two years ago today. There were team building exercises before but the highlight was a high rope course, with a zip line. It was a great bonding experience, empowering and really a lot of fun. When our department's director first announced it I thought he was crazy, our section of the department is a call center, we sit on our butts all day and answer calls, was he trying to kill us? I weighed 240lbs then, was so out of shape and out of my comfort zone. Stepping out of my comfort zone lead to a fun experience and the knowledge that I can do more than I think I can if I just try.

Reminiscing on it today reminded me to try new things, even if it makes you nervous. It may not always lead to a great experience but either way you can say you tried and you learned more about what you and your body can do.
This discussion has been closed.