WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey: thanks for that! He is pushing me to my wits ends! I have to let him be accountable for himself. He will never log food...he says he doesn't have time...but until he is willing to put in the work it I can't let it bother me.

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    kdblpn wrote: ยป
    @PlaneMonkey: thanks for that! He is pushing me to my wits ends! I have to let him be accountable for himself. He will never log food...he says he doesn't have time...but until he is willing to put in the work it I can't let it bother me.
    As is said in other places, "He's got his own higher power and it's not you."
    Quite right. My OH is 6'2" to my 5'2" and is a cook. They're also on female hormones (Transwoman) and the weight has begun to be difficult to lose...for them. It's *always* been hard for me to lose the darned stuff! At any rate, I've been losing in increments all the while they're not doing anything about being winded when we walk...has even begun to have the "non-school night" hard cider every night...some creeping bad habits for sure. However, I can't do anything about their behavior. The best I can hope for is influence. Just like dealing with teenagers. Sigh. Oh well. We'll get through this with each other in this great group, won't we?!
    My weigh in day is tomorrow so, see you then!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just finished my last long workout of phase 1 in my lifting program. Excited that I finished it and I'm a little nervous for the next phase. Its still just 2 main workouts a week and 5 days of mini workouts. It's just a lot heavier lifting than I have done before. You're supposed to max out at 4-5 reps. I'm not even sure how to pick weight for that??? Progress wise I'm doing well and I just checked a few things. I'll do a full check at the 1 month mark. Weight is up 3-5 lbs depending on the day but I increased my calories from 1350- 2000 for the holidays. My weight has stabilize over the last week. BUT... I have lost an inch in my waist which is really awesome. Lifting is really working well with my kids wanting to interrupt my workout. It's really easy to answer their questions or chat between sets.

Had party day at work and we had a lot of really fun activities for the kids today. Had to squeeze in my sensory bin one more time for the Halloween season! We had a cute photo booth the teacher set up. If anyone would have walked in while all the adults were trying to get kids to smile and stay on their little hay bale they would have gotten quite the show! My arms are so sore from bouncing and lifting kids in the air. It was very fun!

My husband and I are going to start setting up our spooky trail in the field for the kids Halloween activity. The kids loved it so much last year, they want to skip trick or treating and do the trail again. This year I bought a ton of battery powered candles to line the trails with. I think I have 50 candles. It should look pretty cool.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Just a quick heads up for Friday weigh-ins - more news tomorrow!

@EvMakesChanges
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @kellie_erin
    @Micki48
    @bonnie_red
    @gak71

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    They are proud of you, but jealous that you make it look easy when the truth is, it's almost a full time job to be healthy.

THIS!!! So much truth Courtney.

My mom said to me tonight that my weight loss journey has been easy thus far.

Sure, if a full time job is easy :grimace:

Just funny to read this tonight... you couldn't have said it better!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind messages of support :heart:

@conleywoods Very neat about the inch lost.. sounds like the program is fun. Looking forward to seeing the Halloween trail.

@micki48 Had to look up Jersey Mikes to see what it was... there are just days where grab and go is required! I have this thing about wanting to try Jimmy John's sometime when I'm in the States.. lol.. seems to me perhaps they're similar?

Brad is home- this business trip was a quick one. He is gone much longer next week so I'll relish our time together this weekend.

@jugar Was there a cryptic message in there about more news? I'm on the edge of my seat :grin:

Night all

10/28 exercise -
    30 minutes Peloton, 9718 steps
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @Steph1498 Portugal...that sounds amazing. Once I lose enough to fit comfortably in a seat on a plane my adventures will begin.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's...You have a new member joining you soon ....Please welcome @bootilicious :)
This discussion has been closed.