Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
rht4h3xyofo1.png

Here is your Team chat room for October 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Here's to a brilliant month!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers October team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters and will have another one come early November. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I am hoping to make a trip to Scotland this fall/early winter. My granddaughters are one of my reasons for trying to get healthy. I want to see thenpm grow up and maybe meet some great grandchildren. I have two fat cats, Nick and Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 35 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F ever since. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting my journey but I never gave up. As of today, I have lost 64 pounds. I am losing weight slowly and I am ok with that. I have a bad back and neuropathy so my exercise choices are limited. My main form of exercise is swimming and workouts in the pool. I am looking forward to this month. After vacation for part of September, I am ready to get into a routine. I am lowering my zone minutes goal as last months was very unrealistic.

October goals
    1. 5000 steps daily
    2. 500 zone minutes weekly
    3. Stay with in daily calorie goal
    4. Track accurately
    5. Reach 80 laps by end month
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. If you can’t weigh in just let me know. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier for us to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

Team Motivator
    We are looking for two team motivators. If you think you maybe interested or want more information please let us know.

If you have any suggestions for the group please let myself or Megan know.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m a newbie here! My weigh in day is Monday so do I use the weight I said on the day I joined as my PW? Just want to start right. ❤️❤️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Pickles175 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m a newbie here! My weigh in day is Monday so do I use the weight I said on the day I joined as my PW? Just want to start right. ❤️❤️

Yes you will use the weight that you signed up with :)
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Thanks Megan!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Thanks Megan!

You are very welcome :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Please let me know tomorrow 10/3 if you want to be added, removed , Excused etc for our step challenge and please give me your step goal if you want to join ....Thanks :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Please let me know tomorrow 10/3 if you want to be added, removed , Excused etc for our step challenge and please give me your step goal if you want to join ....Thanks :)

I decided to set my step goal to 11,000. That is a combination of steps and exercise converted steps.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/1 stats):

Steps: 16,120
    Floors: 10
    Calories Burned: 834
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 284
    Total Intensity Minutes: 541/150
    Early W/O: Yes😊
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    The little things add up, lol. The bulk of yesterday was dancing around like a fool for Hubs, dog and cat for 2+ hrs. Hubs had earphones in... Dog and cat wandered in and out of the room!! As I have stated before, I might look like a fool; but, I'm a very happy and healthy one. I'll run/walk in place in public and do wall/counter pushups, etc. You'd be surprised at the the opportunities that present for moving more throughout the day. Of coursed there is planned exercise. I just have a "take no prisoners" attitude when it comes to movement. Squats in public are an absolute NO for me, however!!😳🤣🤣
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    The little things add up, lol. The bulk of yesterday was dancing around like a fool for Hubs, dog and cat for 2+ hrs. Hubs had earphones in... Dog and cat wandered in and out of the room!! As I have stated before, I might look like a fool; but, I'm a very happy and healthy one. I'll run/walk in place in public and do wall/counter pushups, etc. You'd be surprised at the the opportunities that present for moving more throughout the day. Of coursed there is planned exercise. I just have a "take no prisoners" attitude when it comes to movement. Squats in public are an absolute NO for me, however!!😳🤣🤣

One thing I do at home is fold one item of laundry at a time and walk to put it away. It adds up. Same when putting groceries away. If I have 3 things of coffee for example, I bring one at a time to the storage room.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    We are going to start our mini team challenges tomorrow. This week we will be asking you to share and post each day.

Sharing Sunday

What started you on your weight loss journey? Who or what will keep you strong?

• Bluetail6
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

One thing I do at home is fold one item of laundry at a time and walk to put it away. It adds up. Same when putting groceries away. If I have 3 things of coffee for example, I bring one at a time to the storage room.

I love this!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2021
    Options
    We are going to start our mini team challenges tomorrow. This week we will be asking you to share and post each day.

Sharing Sunday

What started you on your weight loss journey? Who or what will keep you strong?

I started my journey without MFP when I delivered my son in 1999 at 242 lbs .... I got down to 150 then I got preggo with my daughter in 2005 ... I tried every diet but nothing worked ... I found MFP in 2009 and lost 78 lbs ...I was on top of the world ..then I lost 3 people within a few weeks apart and I gave up and deleted my account .... My husky and my daughter are my walking partners so they help to keep me strong :) My head is in the game this time around ... I will succeed ... something is different this time around I am actually anxious to be on keto this time around and looking forward to what I can accomplish ... I think it is because I feel healthy and I am walking 5 days a week besides meal prepping weekly ...I feel prepared this time around :)
This discussion has been closed.