New to DDPY

JodieHut
JodieHut Posts: 682 Member
I just started DDPY yesterday and was hoping to find an active group of others following the program.... doesn't look like this group is currently active. If anyone sees this and knows of another group, please let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    I just ordered DVD's and am clearing out a space to work out. Are you still doing DDPY?
  • GLaDOS_Labrat
    GLaDOS_Labrat Posts: 1 Member
    Hey - I've being doing it on/off for a while, but started ramping it up in the last month. I'm using the app (DDPyoganow); there is apparently an active and large Facebook group for support, advice, etc. I don't use FB, so can't verify, but you should check it out!
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Hey, are any of you folks still active? I'm thinking of joining DDPY and it would be nice to have some like-minded folks to talk to.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    @bethe

I am going to start DDPY again next week. I was doing it a year or more ago and I really liked it. I am not flexible at all so while it’s a challenge, it’s far better than the yoga classes I attempted! I can’t be still!!! lol I also love the strength building aspect of DDPY.

It’ll be great to have someone to “cuss and discuss” DDPY with who understands!! Since it’s been so long I’m sure I’ll be like a newborn giraffe!!
    Hope you are having a great day!
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    @bethe

I am going to start DDPY again next week. I was doing it a year or more ago and I really liked it. I am not flexible at all so while it’s a challenge, it’s far better than the yoga classes I attempted! I can’t be still!!! lol I also love the strength building aspect of DDPY.

It’ll be great to have someone to “cuss and discuss” DDPY with who understands!! Since it’s been so long I’m sure I’ll be like a newborn giraffe!!
    Hope you are having a great day!

Great - I'm so happy somebody else here is doing it! I'm in my third week, so we will be doing the same workouts if you are doing the beginner section. And even if you are starting somewhere else we can still commiserate, lol.

I'm really impressed with the program so far. I can already tell I'm getting a lot stronger. The fact that it's a good cardiovascular workout is a real bonus. My only gripe is that the heart monitor I got from amazon won't sync with the program, so I'm going to have to send it back and order one directly from ddpy. Oh well.