November 12

Options

Replies

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Beautiful view @biketheworld, from things you've said it sounds like you live on a lovely property!

For the most part, I like change. There's a lot of good to it, new beginnings, the past becomes yesterday's newspaper. I especially liked changing jobs. One of my favourite periods in my career was when I was working for a temp agency gaining experience in a new field. A new place every few months or so, never longer than a year.

I guess I deal with change by embracing the good in what's coming. Part of the fun is planning for the change. Some things work out, some things don't, but it's always exciting and fresh. I don't expect things to be the same and quite frankly I'm happy that everything has a season. Too much of anything gets tiring and boring for me over time.: "the same old, same old"...

I thought I would have a really hard time when my daughter moved a 9 hour drive away to University. My world revolved around her. So I tried to plan some activities and take up some new hobbies. Oddly enough none of the activities I tried worked out, and yet somehow I found my way, and surprisingly I was fine without her close by. Having said that though, living on this side of technology greatly helps. It also helps to know that she won't be living there permanently.

When I retire, I plan on moving to a new town and out of the city. It will be somewhere close to where my daughter finds steady employment. I'm already looking forward to it. Every day trip I take now, I'm evaluating what the area has to offer, what kind of senior community they have and what other amenities are offered, what the winters are like, etc. What's really funny is that my husband, who hates change, has finally accepted the fact that we are moving out of the city he has lived in his whole life. I expected a bigger fuss from him but he's resigned to it now. We lived in a house for over 25 years and he dragged his heels on moving. Once we did, he realized how good the change was and how much happier we both are. I think that was when he finally realized how much your environment affects your quality of life and that change can be a great thing.

Anyway, enough of that. As a side note, this change to MFP doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'll explore it more when time allows and as they work out the bugs. And no, I can't access Community on my phone, it's just a white screen so I've opened my laptop to post for yesterday and today. No to all 3 today. Sadly I didn't even bother trying today. Really need to get back with the program before it becomes too easy to let it all go, meaning the good habits I've been struggling to build.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Well with positive feedback we can influence change even bringing back choices we thought were gone for good. Someone in this world is listening.

I did no cardio today but walked 10,251 steps so far I did some kettlebell work. A new 8lb bell so far the elbow is fine. I also did some flexibility work enough to close all my apple rings. Looks like Santa’s rowing machine is getting closer to my door step I am excited for another piece of equipment.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,972 Member
    Options
    11/12

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? πŸ‘πŸ»

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? πŸ‘πŸ»

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? πŸ‘πŸ»

Used 2 passes

Left 1 pass

~~~~~~~~

November goals

- Miracle Morning daily.

- yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly (Strength training WILL happen this month)

- TRY having ZERO pass days (It’s NOT GOING to happen this month)

- No LNS daily, ONLY fruits

- Daily journaling
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,384 Member
    Options
    If I don't want to post a second pass day, I need to burn 85 calories (or more). That is MORE than 20 minutes mini-trampoline walking exergame ( why will be explained later). Exer-BIKE is better burn-per-minute. Heading downstairs, "The Scottish Bookstore" mystery series #4 audiobook in hand Title: The Stolen Letter" awwww - my extra icons are gone again , so I can't throw up a biker.

But yay for the other familiar things back above the Comment Box, as many of you were cheering LOUD to see them again.
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    November 12

βœ… Exercise - workout video

βœ… Calories

βœ… Tracked

0 Pass Days Used
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,384 Member
    Options
    Well, I have used all 3 pass days. Poor planning and impulsive eating.

Just keep showing up and reporting, Champ! (consider yourself "in pre-season training camp for the December Winners Circle"

Continued practice and habit solidifying is ESPECIALLY important when the next month is Holly Daze Season <3<3 .... (not that it isn't important as a run-up to ANY month ... just that Holly Daze Season tends to have even more general-purpose booby traps for EVERYONE than most, no matter where one lives ... via family expectations, OR friends / neighbours OR work-related ... AND in all the store AND on all the tv and internet ads etc etc) >:)>:)
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    βœ…βœ…βœ…
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Exercise: :) Tracking: :) Calories: :)
    On the new format--not a big deal for me because I never knew how to use any of the previous features. I have no idea what any of you are even referring to! BBCodes? Lol.
  • juffelman49
    juffelman49 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    November 12
    Yes I worked out for 20 minutes. It as day 5 of September Pahla B It was a nice stretch and posture routine
    And yes to the other 2.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: Β»
    20 minutes and 165 exercise calories later .... I can declare victory (by a mere 11 calories ... still, a wee improvement on my other near-squeaker of only TWO calories to spare)

o:)o:)o:)
    Pass days used: 1/3 (bad planning of evening snack)
    ============

All this despite most of the post breakfast calories on my day off coming from Tim Hortons Coffee Shop ... only food available at the hospital emergency department.

Turned out to be a false alarm, (YAAAAAAY!!!!!!) but very worrying for DH (the reason we went) and by default for yours truly. All bloodwork was as it should be, and the on-site physical exam turned up no potential danger flags either.

============

Re Maddy's comment and challenge about breathing and accepting change ...

I go with visualization that comes from a children's story (might have been a book, might have been a "children's story by minister before kiddies headed to Sunday School .... )

Anyway ... I think "In with the Gold Sparklies / Out with the Black Pricklies ..... In with the Gold Sparklies / Out with the Black Pricklies .... " and actually imagine my body inhaling something like "TinkerBell Pixie Dust", glowing brighter and brighter from within, as the proportions change and something like ink-black burr-seeds are forced out of my fingers and toes by the ever-increasing golden internal glow.

@BMcC9
    I love this! Thanks!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    November 12, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain/work on this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (10 days "nuts" free)
    Within Sugar macro today? No (8 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • mmcram
    mmcram Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercise -Yes - 2.5 miles
    Under calorie budget (1650)? Yes 1642
    Tracked everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Nov 12
    Another great day.
    So thankful that my appetite is reined in again.
    ❀️❀️❀️

1/3 pass days used (nov 7)

Thank you to everyone who shared your fun activities with the rest of us!

We make an Excellent Team!

🌸Maddie
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,002 Member
    Options
    3 Yesses πŸ‘
    Exercise was a 3.5 mile run in the rain. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŒ§
    2 Pass Days Used so far.

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes

In regard to change... As much as I like routine and consistency, I accept change happens.
    And many times, it leads to things I would not have expected.
    Breathing, as mentioned here, has always been helpful during stressful times.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Nov 12
    First pass day
    I got my flu shot on Thursday and it always affects me badly. I had planned the sick day off work but I was still upset about feeling sick.
    I did manage a 40 minute walk with a friend in the afternoon.
    I had planned out the day.
    But the box of baked goods on the counter called my name and in my weakened state I couldn't resist. Didn't bother tracking it as I knew I was over calories.

Today I am feeling better and I've got the day planned out and the box of baked goods is all eaten. So I think it should be a better day.

I'm going to take that Pass Day as my high calorie day for the week. We are getting takeout tonight but I am going to be very moderate about it and supplement with some broth and a salad from home.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ~πŸ¦ƒ~~11 / 12 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~πŸ™‹πŸΌ ~~ NOVEMBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ πŸ’– ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... βœ… ... 210+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... βœ… ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... βœ… .... I did

STEPS......... 26,220+.......... 180 walking ........ 30 min. house cleaning....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12