Replies

• everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Daily report for Nov 24
    Log; yes
    under; yes
    exercise; yes
    I saw the spinal surgeon tuesday. He said I was doing great, and if I didn't want to see him...surgery keep up the exercise. Most days exercise feels good, like scratching an itch you didn't know you even had. Normally I do my squats, and my physio-exercise ball stuff, and then 30-60 min pilates. Then later to stretch I do yin yoga in bed...it's pretty chill. However, as of late; I've added too much. I just added a little morning walk, about 2 km.(for the non-metric folks, that's barely a mile) I do have to sit for about 1 min every half km to decompress the pressure building in my spine, and I've been playing, can't call it exercise in the pool most afternoons for about 30 to 40 min. I guess I wanted 'good dr report' haha..well my body yesterday started screaming back. Ok, I get it..slow down. So yesterday no walk,no pool, no PT exercises, no nothing except stretching...yin yoga, its about as relaxed as you can be. Today I feel back to normal. So, I'll find the balance between what's good for my body, v.s. what's good for my soul.

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I'll have some apple cider for you!

Me too! It's simmering now! 🀀
  • everydaywechoose
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 sending you well wishes for a speedy non-complicated recovery.

My hubby and I have tried to get our vaccines but the clinic has run out both times it was offered. The first time we tried it was in our town, Bucerias, Mex. Gone in a few hours.. The next time we tried we went to the next state, Jalisco, to the city of Puerta Vallerta. They were having a clinic with 10 000 doses to be distributed in 3 days. Well, we were in traffic for about an hour on the road towards the clinic site. Then when we got close to where the vaccine was being given, the lineup was well, rather intense, as far as we could see. So, we just stayed in the car and drove on by very slowly. Later on we heard that the 10 000 vaccines to be distributed over 3 days, were all gone by mid afternoon of the first day! So, now it's another month or 2 later, and they are having a smaller drive in a town about 30 min from us. We're going to try again.

To all our folks celebrating American Thanksgiving today; sending you wishes for a super holiday. There are several restaurants here that offer both Canadian and American thanksgiving dinners. I think we'll find a casual place to eat for turkey leftovers tomorrow. Last year there was a great delicious hot turkey spread for under 150 pesos. LOL we went there for both Canadian and American thanksgiving hot turkey lunches. Sometimes it's nice to have that traditional comfort food. Normally, you cannot find turkey in the grocery stores here. However, there are some stores that cater to specialty foods for us Canadians and Americans; especially around holiday times.
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone sorry I've been missing my poor babys had a chest infection so been busy I have 3 kids lol
    But all week I've been under calories and logged my food still
    Today was all 3 yes
    Hope everyone is doing OK
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @everydaywechoose thank you. It's crazy how vaccine availability is different everywhere.

Every time I've had the flu shot, I've had the flu. I no longer get the flu shot and haven't had the flu in years. I got my second shot almost 2 months ago... I'll just hope this isn't the same with covid, because I mask 100% of the time, and only take it off for eating/drinking breaks at work, or if I am working out social distanced at the gym. I even sanitize anything "public" I use at work or the gym(phone, machines, shopping carts, etc). Every single person that has tested positive at my job has been vaccinated. Meanwhile the unvaccinated at my job have not come down with it, and make it well known that the only time they wear masks is at work.
  • forbes_melissa
    forbes_melissa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Check in:
    11/24 no exercise, but I did stay within my daily calories
    11/25 exercise bike (4.76 miles) did not stay within my daily calories (Thanksgiving snacks, dinner, and pie) πŸ˜‹
  • everydaywechoose
    Options
    Nov 25 report
    log; yes
    under; yes
    exercise; yes
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Hope the holiday was a fun and safe one for all of you...@cmhubbard92...sympathy for the COVID diagnosis disrupting family plans, tough to take but giving up isn't an option. Focus on getting healthy, embrace your hubby's disappointment (cuz you are too) and get back on your collective feet together. Marriage is a wonderful thing, done right.

Just got caught up on the posting...planning to come back to the team the first week in December. Is that this Sunday?

Missing you,
    Maryc11
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Daily accountability TBBT
    Day: Wednesday November 24
    Track:Β  no
    Under:Β  not sure
    Exercise: no unless cooking for 11 hours counts!

Day: Thursday November 25
    Track:Β  no
    Under:Β  no way
    Exercise: no

Hoping I am getting back on track today... daily weigher and Wednesday cooking testing etc put me up 1 lb Thursday morning from Wed. Didnt let that discourage me.. I ate and drank what i wanted until full... had a great time with family. Got 7 hrs sleep and woke up back down a lb so back to Wed morning weight. I am taking it and running... well step aerobics to get back. Now I am gonna go die cause my legs are mush after 2 cooking days and my workout.
  • cmhubbard92
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @maryc11 thank you! I'm trying to be a little more positive, but it's not working out too well!

MIL brought leftovers today. Much to my surprise, my sense of taste and smell is completely gone. It's been hard trying to eat food... DH isn't sick and can taste everything, so I've been asking for plain bread and tomato soup, because he doesn't like it. That way, he can have the good stuff and I can just make sure I'm eating. He brought me some Gatorade and told me it will probably be better for me than just water. It's my favorite flavor, too! πŸ˜…

I'm hoping that I have more energy to get out of bed tomorrow... Hubby is doing our shopping tomorrow (yikes) so I need to see what we have and make him a list.

Oye.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! :)
  • IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Friday 26 Novemver
    Daily check in:
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Hi guys, sorry for not logging that much this week. I just know you missed me hahaπŸ˜…. To be honest a wasn't feeling it the past few days and call it a bad prediction but today we got some bad news. A good friend of my grandparents,especially my grandpa, passed away yesterday of Covid 19. We were all really sad and I don't feel like I should be sharing this here and destroying your mood but you all have been my biggest support the past weeks which i'm really thankful for❀. We're all more concerned about what my grandpa is going through right now because we can't get back and prevent our loss but we can care about our most loved ones right now. My grandma has always said that there's no person to be born and never leave this world (ah such a positive woman rightπŸ˜‰). But maybe her words are the ones that taught me to deal really well with situations like this. So I hope this doesn't give bad vibes but a reason to be thankful for all the things and people you have in your life.😊
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Day: Friday November 26
    Track:Β  yes.. well tried to homemade Thanksgiving dishes are hard to track!
    Under:Β  prob close but not sure
    Exercise: yes
  • forbes_melissa
    forbes_melissa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    11/26 daily check in
    7 miles on my exercise bike
    Stayed within my daily calories
  • kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Thursday Nov. 25
    track: yes
    under: no
    water: 8 glasses
    exercise: 32 min.
    steps: 6462

Friday Nov. 26
    track: yes
    under: No, but close
    water: 8 glasses
    exercise: 32 min.
    steps: 4865

I think I am getting close to being done with unpacking stuff from the garage. I just have some totes with jackets, linens and some of my clothes. And then I have boxes of books. Well, falling asleep. Good night Team TBBT. πŸ’žπŸ¦ƒπŸπŸ—πŸ‚πŸ˜΄
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Great job to those that continued to log and track! πŸ‘ Or at least try to 😊. I have been exercising, because it's what I do, but haven't tracked a darn thing. Will start back up tomorrow.

@kristiekay1962 glad you are making progress on your unpacking, hope you enjoyed your stay cation.

@IvanaKirilova I'm sorry for your loss, that is sad. Do not worry about bringing us down. This is a safe place, you can post anything. We're here for you, virtually speaking.

@cmhubbard92 I keep meaning to drop you a line, so sorry you caught the virus but glad to hear you are doing ok. Sorry it ruined your holiday but it was sweet of your MIL to deliver to your door. I hear you about letting the DH go grocery shopping unsupervised. 😳 Even when I'm there I'm amazed at some of the things that go by me on the belt. It's like WTH did THAT come from. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Gotta love 'em.

Hope everyone is well. I for one am ready for a week of salad and water.
  • everydaywechoose
    Options
    daily report for nov 26
    log; yes
    under; no
    exercise; yes
  • everydaywechoose
    Options
    Well after much planning we were able to get our first Astra zenica vaccine for covid. We've finally figured a pattern. It seems like the Mexicans are running the clinics near end of each month. We found there was a clinic about 30 min drive from our town (Bucerias), to a quaint town called San Jose del Valle. The clinic was in the bull fighting arena. We had easy close to site parking. We had prefilled our forms from the Mexican covid-flu vaccine site. We brought those and our electricity bill (cfe bill) and our residency cards. There was no lines. Upon entry to the building there were 3 people who were checking our forms and filling any necessary info. Super nice and efficient. We were swiftly directed to a staging area 5 people per column. one column was 2nd doses, other column was first doses. The vaccine was administer quickly and then we were ushered to a 'recovery area' where we waited about 10-20min..till you felt fine to leave. We didn't have side effects until sleeping last night. We both had the chills for a few hours; nothing a blanket couldnt fix. My hubby had nothing else except sore injection spot. I had achy bones and joints, even my armpit nodes were swollen. It was difficult to roll in bed. So, with the aid of cushions all snuggling me in I was ok. The only other weird thing was I had a recurring spasm in one of my feet/calves. All, in all, it was a good experience. We're just resting today, taking it easy. I just made steelcut oats with walnuts, blueberries, and yoghert. That was just what I needed this morning. I will be doing more yin yoga today, but that will be my only exercise...it'll de-stress my body from the vaccine experience.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/26
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 7927
    Water: 96

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 155.6
    Todays Weight: 156.4

Sorry team been MIA for a few weeks lots of stuff to do. Hopefully back for good this time
    Happy belated Thanksgiving
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@cmhubbard92 I keep meaning to drop you a line, so sorry you caught the virus but glad to hear you are doing ok. Sorry it ruined your holiday but it was sweet of your MIL to deliver to your door. I hear you about letting the DH go grocery shopping unsupervised. 😳 Even when I'm there I'm amazed at some of the things that go by me on the belt. It's like WTH did THAT come from. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Gotta love 'em.

Hope everyone is well. I for one am ready for a week of salad and water.
    @DaffyGirl88 thank you! My in laws live about five minutes away, and they're so sweet! I really appreciate what they've done. Brother in law has also dropped off books to fill my time.

Surprisingly, hubby did REALLY well at the store, as far as getting the things I asked for... Knowing I wasn't going to be in the mood or well enough to cook, he picked up some easy "meals" for himself-some frozen taquitos, potato salad, macaroni salad, etc. Picked up some OJ, bagels, pb crackers and pretzels (all "plain" food I wouldn't miss the flavor of) and medicine for me... He bragged about how little he spent, but what he doesn't realize is that I buy meals, not snacks, and he'll be out of "food" by Tuesday, haha. I have plenty of soup to last me a while!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @IvanaKirilova never feel like you can't vent/express your feelings, thats what this team is here for! Big hugs to you!!! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ Wishing the best for your grandpa!

@everydaywechoose I'm happy you were able to get the jab and experienced minimal effects! AZ is not available in the US, but I hear it can protect up to one hear after the second dose which sounds promising! Great job planning ahead for your dose, and your breakfast sounds yummy!