WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    11/15 exercise:
    5647 steps + 30 minutes yoga + 20 minutes Peloton

We had our volunteer commitment tonight so the evening flew by. Rain/snow mix here today so my one walk at lunch was good but this evening I was going to go again but it felt slick (and not in a way that I could feel safe to work around). So, did my yoga instead!

Ok, time to veg.. night all!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hello,

Snacked more than I wanted but didn't go over calories.

Feels like a big win! Stay safe in that wind

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey that is so good about your daring hockey move! Something close by is a huge advantage, and I'd bet you'll play way better if it isn't at 11 pm :grimace: I hope it goes great! My son plays in 2 local basketball groups and would probably go nuts without that outlet. He sometimes feels like all the players are better than he is (which I seriously doubt!) but goes and has a blast anyhow. I wish you all the best with finding a good place for your dad. I absolutely love your idea to bring him comics. Now I know what to get my dad for Christmas!

@eggfreak I hear you on the dread when it comes to disastrous winters. I'm lucky that we have not had too many huge problems over the years. We lost power for 8 days over Christmas one time, and the hydro crews finally got to our private road to put our lines back in order at the very end. Luckily we heat with wood, cook with wood and gas, and only had to sort out water. We keep some huge water containers in the basement ever since. Now that I don't have to get out to work, getting closed off is actually kind of a pleasure. We keep well stocked with food, and the outdoors is a great fridge/freezer when needed.

I hope things go smoothly with all your mom's tests - hugs flying your way! Enjoy one when the ice cream craving gets bad...
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    @micki48 LOVE the tree-hug pic! so sweet.

@PlaneMonkey good for you for signing up for the team! takes guts but sounds like it could be real fun and great exercise.

@conleywoods these cards are great!! "who hired that guy anyway?" made me laugh. And consider telling my inner cynicism to shut it.

Tuesday Weigh-in
    CW: 215.0

Ugh. Bleh. feels like I erased the October progress with 2 weekends. But on we go. Planning some new meals and workouts now.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak best wishes for your mom.

I can't believe it's only Tuesday. Alarm went off at 5.15am, I 'trained' 6-7 - it was 45 mins sports massage (mostly calf related) then 15 minutes of weight technique using only a broom handle which brings it's own challenges. Back home, showered, drove OH to work then I drove back in the opposite direction to the office. Had a bit of a mad day, we did get a lunchtime walk in at least, then left to pick OH up. Realised I was starving, and we had KFC for tea as our meal plan would've taken 45+ minutes and traffic was rubbish.

I feel quite a lot better today though still run down. It's definitely not covid (or at least if it were, it's on top of being run down!) as I have a mouth ulcer. I've also been rather spotty which is very unusual for me. I have Friday off work though so looking forward to some R&R then. In reality it'll be productive time, but I'll try to do some of the more calming chores, like tending the garden. I have some tulip bulbs to get in the ground, and the temperature drops at the weekend so I shall finally remove the peppers/tomatoes. I can't really relax when there are so many things on the to-do list! At least they're on the list and not in my head; I've been reading Getting Things Done by David Allen, and he says that "your mind is for having ideas, not holding them" which seems reasonable enough.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Holy wind Batman! @conleywoods I think your weather came up to Alberta. We are under a major wind warning and Brad and I just tried to do our normal lunchtime walk but it was extreme. We made it halfway and called it. Luckily I had a short walk before work so I'm about half way to my step goal for the day but I have plans after work so it'll be tough to get there.. I'll do what I can.

@PlaneMonkey Glad you had a nice visit with your dad.. looking forward to hearing about how hockey went.

@eggfreak Not a problem - totally get it, thanks for letting me know :) Glad you got some news that was better than worst.. good way of looking at it.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    WAISTAWAYS NOVEMBER WEEK 2 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

# of participants – 8

photo-1551892589-865f69869476?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1740&q=80

WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS
    #1 @sljjjembeca 166,789
    #2 @KellyBgetsfit 99,861
    #3 @Kali225 99,200

WEEK 2 TOP CONSISTENT STEPPERS
    Days meeting daily step pledge (If you’ve made one)
    @Kali225 7/7
    @ashleycarole86 6/7
    @micki48 6/7

WEEK 2 STRETCH STEPPERS
    Days exceeding daily step pledge by more than double (If you’ve made one)
    @YinxFed 1/7
    @ashleycarole86 1/7
    @Kali225 1/7

Congrats to the following step challenge teammates who also laddered up this week
    (increasing total step count in week 2 over week 1):
    @ashleycarole86
    @jugar
    @YinxFed
    @Kali225
    @DD265
    @sljjjembeca

And to those who had their biggest day of November fitness yet in week 2:
    @ashleycarole86 11/7
    @sljjjembeca 11/7
    @micki48 11/8
    @Kali225 11/13
    @DD265 11/13

Together, the eight of us walked a total of 728,999 steps this week – 345 miles. With this distance we walked from Vancouver, BC down to Portland, Oregon. Keep up the great work team! Lots of great milestones for people this week to be proud of.
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 @kellie_erin and @Terytha -- I hope you have not blown away! It sounds like a pretty wild day, but at least not as bad as on the other side of the Rockies. Keep safe :heart: My daughter had to drive from Edmonton to Wainwright today, and it was a harrowing, long trip - she made it all right, fortunately. I guess that tempers my happy winter dance from yesterday :neutral:

@conleywoods I absolutely love those cards! I especially like "You don't need to enjoy it, you just need to tackle it." Post one of those cards any time.

So, everyone - I want to hear about how you're tackling it. Go ahead and complain here, throw around some pirate vocabulary as needed, and keep at it! Or tell us how you're doing at throwing the inner critic out the door. Especially when the I.C. tries to convince you that it isn't worth bothering to tackle it.

There are still a couple of weigh-ins due from yesterday:
    @bootilicious
    @holymanhibbard

And the Wednesday group - are you ready to roll?
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
    @PlaneMonkey

Persevere!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @jugar Glad you liked the cards. I have lots of good ones in the deck!

How am I tackling it? Right now I'm working on trusting the process and keeping my inner critic from freaking out. It's a little nerve racking to see the scale go up and down while bumping my calories up for the holidays. I know it is just fluctuations but it can be difficult to not panic. Just last week I had one of those moments and almost reduced my calories. Took a deep breath and in a few days the scale was back down. My plan is to keep my calories where they are and keep up with my workouts and be ready to drop my calories in January.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    I can't really relax when there are so many things on the to-do list! At least they're on the list and not in my head; I've been reading Getting Things Done by David Allen, and he says that "your mind is for having ideas, not holding them" which seems reasonable enough.

I love this quote! Lists take so much pressure off.

@conleywoods those cards are great. Seriously, who hired that guy? Why do we let him in? Great perspectives and food for thought. Thanks for sharing!

@jugar I'm going to tackle it by remembering the little details. Portion size for me is key. It matters and if I want progress as much as I say I do, then I have to make the small sacrifices CONSISTANTLY. Like, all the time. No more finishing what's on my plate when Im not hungry anymore just because it's in front of me.
  • ashleycarole86
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @jugar Brad had to drive up to Edmonton for work today and he was white knuckling it there too... not fun. Glad your daughter had a safe trip but that sure does get the adrenaline going. Speaking of which he won't be back home until Thursday night so his weigh-in will be a day late this week. Apparently he was having trouble getting on to tell you himself.

For me, tackling it is just living in the moment, making the best choice I can in every situation, and shaking it off when it's not "perfect" (because what is that anyway?)

And really just being honest with myself, if I'm not it's only cheating me...

Exercise:
    35 minutes Peloton, 6652 steps

See you tomorrow!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 193.4
    It was a pound lower yesterday, and will likely be again tomorrow, but today was just a squeak into the green so I'm going to have to just go with it. Maybe I'll get that whoosh next week. 😉

@AshenMoon good to hear your Moderna booster wasn't as harsh as the first two doses. Our second shot of Moderna kicked our butts so I'm leery of a booster... Ohh well!

@kdblpn have a great visit with family. I'm sure it's going to be a great reconnection.

@YinxFed sending you big hugs. It's tough when your son is so far away. Amazing that Hubby is so intuitive. I too love knitting! It can be so soothing.
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in Update B)

Overdue: (hope you're still with us and will check in soon!)
    @bootilicious
    @holymanhibbard

Wednesday pending:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy

Thursday heads up:
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973 (Friday no problem!)

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.