WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    This blank page situation on the Android app is really getting to me. Have they posted any timeline on when they expect to get it fixed? The only reason I pay for the premium version of MFP is for access to this community group. That's it.

This is getting a tad ridiculous.

@PlaneMonkey Do you know you don’t have to pay for premium for access to this group??? I only have the free version. Premium allows you access to more data and workouts, but not this community. It’s part of the free version.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Not much to report today. Food is logged. No Pilates today. Took the day off.

@ashleycarole86 How exciting to see all your hard work pay off!! 100 pounds!! What an amazing thing you’ve done for yourself. I can totally see why that would make you emotional. Keep at it. You are almost there. We will be here holding the tiara for you!

@jugar Glad to hear you are feeling better.

@kdplpn I like Happy by Pharrell.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words friends.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This blank page situation on the Android app is really getting to me. Have they posted any timeline on when they expect to get it fixed? The only reason I pay for the premium version of MFP is for access to this community group. That's it.

This is getting a tad ridiculous.

I agree. It's annoying. But you don't have to pay premium to access the community, (I don't) just thought you should know that :smiley:
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 you beat me to it, I see :blush:

I will be turning 40 this year and I had a visitor over the weekend telling me I am choosing all the wrong workouts and will damage my joints/knees. I've always had a lot of energy and enjoy high-energy workouts. Currently running, rowing and rope skipping. I never liked the slow ones -tried Pilates once, but got really bored a few minutes in (sorry Pilates folk :neutral: )

What are people's thoughts on this? Should I stop doing these workouts and try find something more gentle I enjoy? It's often the fast calorie burn that motivates me so I'm not sure I'll find an alternative.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    CW 256
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 186.3
    CW - 186.4

Up and up we go

November hates me :(
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 186.3
    CW - 186.4

Up and up we go

November hates me :(

November is always hard! We want to "get ready" for winter by bulking up a bit! All the animals do it, why not us? grumble, grumble...

Other Sunday peeps? Hope you're doing all right and able to get on here -
    @deniners2
    @Terytha
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

@PlaneMonkey Do you know you don’t have to pay for premium for access to this group??? I only have the free version. Premium allows you access to more data and workouts, but not this community. It’s part of the free version.

What?!?!? Ack!
    Thank you for the enlightenment. I'll have to see if there are any features that I actually use that ARE premium features since I apparently don't know where the line is drawn before I cancel the auto renewal for next year.

Thanks!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Could I change my step targets please? I think that I need to reduce my daily step goal to 7000 steps. This way I can hopefully achieve more successful step days than not!

And here's my step and exercise report for the past week:

7th Nov. - 2953
    8th Nov. - 4476 / 51 minutes Complete Chest & Triceps w/DBs (Epic 2 Day 13)
    9th Nov. - 4981 / 54 minutes Lower Abs & Quads (Epic 2 Day 14)
    10th Nov. - 3080
    11th Nov. -12616
    12th Nov. - 5002 / 66 minutes Full Body Strength & Cardio Circuits (Epic 2 Day 15)
    13th Nov. - 10265 / 34 minutes Superset HIIT (Epic 2 Day 16)

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    results-are-in.gif

Our second week of November has concluded! Be sure to check out the results of this past week in the link below.

November Week Two Results

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

5fkpylyd2zmn.png

Looking to start November Week Three out strong? Check out our new challenge!

November Week Three Challenge - Move More!

theres-always-a-new-challenge-to-keep-you-motivated-124c88f96c97174cadb5679693d65219.jpg

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 8,130
    Mon 13,036
    49 min weights
    Tues 11,803
    20 min Barre
    10 min Elliptical
    Wed 14,772
    45 min weights
    Thurs 8,465
    Fri 12,919
    Sat 9,946
    45 min lifting
    10 min elliptical

My fitbit keeps telling me I have been swimming. I do swim class with the baby on Saturdays, but I don't wear my fitbit, so I am not sure what causes that. It is not at times thats I am working out, so it is somethign else. I hope they fix app soon!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey sorry for the delayed response. What a small world. I lived on Pigeon Lake, further south than Bobcaygeon in a small town called Omemee (birthplace of Neil Young). I worked for the municipality of Kawartha Lakes which includes 'Caygeon. Pigeon is a decent lake up in the north where your family is, but is a weedy disaster where I was - made more complicated by the planting of wild rice by the local indigenous community - they've made the south end of the lake virtually unnavigable. I miss the fishing - Alberta doesn't have bass or muskie, but that's about it. I'm also shocked by how much homes are going for on the water. I bought mine in 2013 for $406K and it would sell for over a million now and totally not worth it.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @Terytha apologies for the delayed response. Fellow O & G from YYC? Small world! Have you joined the local CSSE chapter? I've belonged for a few years but have yet to attend a meeting, but would really like to - just not big on walking in to a room of strangers. I hear it's great networking for those in our industry.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Where'd that day go? Lots of beautiful sunshine today, and I had a good long walk in the woods. Energy is slowly coming back. :smiley:

Steps were pretty bad again this week, but today was good and hopefully going to continue the same!

Sunday - 9,389
    Monday - 10,125 + 15 minutes Pilates
    Tuesday - 3,333 (fever...)
    Wednesday - 10,112
    Thursday - 6,023 + 20 minutes Pilates
    Friday - 8,531
    Saturday - 7,637
This discussion has been closed.