WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options

@eggfreak ! I would not blame you for a glass of wine after a day like that - medical stuff with a parent is rough at the best of times, but with a time mix-up and some bad news, ouch. Hanging on to the green gets an extra round of applause!

I, too, am discombobulated by the new chat thread here - I like that it is bigger and easier to read, but it will take a bit of getting used to! There is a lot less on the screen, so the "out of sight out of mind" factor kicks in sooner. If anyone finds a way to adjust the size so more messages appear, let me know! On the other hand, being able to "save draft" is great.

I'm feeling a bit better today - still not up to my usual speed, but nothing as bad as yesterday. Hopefully it is all on its way out.

@PlaneMonkey you and your dad too - oof. I'm glad he'll be getting more help, though. Hang in there!

@AshenMoon Don't sweat the crazy weight increase - you are right that some of that has to be water, hormones, whatever. Go for that perfect day and see where it takes you. Make an experiment and see what happens. Hugs flying your way!

@kdblpn hope you're feeling better too ❤️

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Okay, wow everything looks totally different and I couldn't get in here from the app. I had to go through the browser on my phone.

@eggfreak Sounds like a hard day! No one likes surprises like those. Sending hugs.

@PlaneMonkey So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope they figure out meds for him and he stabilizes for your family. This is something I learned in OT school and I wanted to pass on. Sometimes when elderly people have urinary track infections, it can show up as a dramatic change in cognitive function or behavior. It's not a bad idea to ask if the hospital checked for that, especially if he all of a sudden got worse for you guys.

@KellyBgetsfit Great job on the weigh in this week. Glad you are seeing changes.

@kdblpn Glad you are okay! So scary

I'm under calories today and I think I will move my weight lifting session for today to tomorrow since I have the day off.

• jugar
    Options

I know some people are having troubles weighing in, or even just getting onto the group - let's hope it gets easier! In any case - heads up for the following!

@MoStacy

@ashleycarole86

@eggfreak

@bowens1973

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

@ashleycarole86 I’m with you. Very discombobulated by the new format. I couldn’t get to our group as easily. My star is gone. Ugh. I’m sure we will all figure it out.

Did my 16 minutes of Pilates first thing. Then my granddaughter arrived. We had breakfast then took her to a super cool playground for the rest of the morning. She had a blast. Nicest playground I’ve ever seen. After lunch, she fell asleep in about 5 minutes. Lol. Long day because my daughter did not get off work until 6:45pm. Met my step goal and all is logged. Water is off today. I haven’t had nearly enough. I’m sitting here dying of thirst. So stupid. I’m off to fill my cup now.

Take care!

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options

Lots of hugs to all the group members dealing with parent issues - I feel for you for sure.

Quiet night here, a nice salmon dinner, a video call with Brad's mom... off tomorrow with it being the stat holiday but seems like it'll be an early night to bed regardless.

11/10 exercise -

45 minute Peloton ride (my longest consecutive ride yet!), 5 minute arm workout, 5994 steps

@micki48 It's funny about the water thing... I have that sometimes too, I'm so darn thirsty for a long while to the point of being uncomfortable and I finally think "you could fix that..."

I hate tracking water for some reason but if I don't then I can be so slack on it to that point. Alberta is so crazy dry in the winter that I can't afford to be falling short.

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I hope everybody struggling with various things gets past them swiftly, virtual hugs to you all.

Not the biggest fan of the new forum format.. this much white space (it's on my monitor) is a bit much on the eyes. Will spend some time later trying to adjust the theme etc if that's possible.

I went for a run yesterday, walked a few sections as my left IT band was screaming, but it did ease off as I got going. Plenty of other niggles but there was some surprising speed in there too. I think these are symptoms of not running as regularly as I was. The weather is grey mostly grey here today, but it's not raining so I will go for a lunchtime walk in a few minutes, and am toying with running this evening just to keep moving.

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

@jugar CW 153.1

Logging does work - I say weighing does too, just a little extra time to do it- I love my kitchen scale that hangs on the wall by the counter.

Thanks all for the kind words.

• jugar
    Options

Happy Thursday!

All of our weigh-ins are caught up through today (thanks, everyone!) and the greens and reds are close to tied! Let's hope the Friday group can help tip it more towards the green! Even if that doesn't happen, everyone who has already weighed in for the week is working on next week's weigh-in. See if you can sneak into the green if you were not there this week, and stay there if you were. Make your plan and, as @eggfreak said, the logging and measuring really work!

• jugar
    Options

I have been cruising around on the MFP thread for group leaders and have some new info that might help us get used to this!

To add bold or strikethrough or italics Choose (highlight) the word after you write it, and the options appear.

To quote or other stuff, click on the Paragraph sign there to the left of what you are writing, and a few options appear. I'm not sure how they all work yet...

But reminders for Friday can happen! Heads up, Friday folks!

@EvMakesChanges @happimess01 @Steph1498 @kellie_erin @micki48 @bonnie_red @gak71 @Pearl4686

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Evening all!

@PlaneMonkey A lovely pic indeed, and I can see the adoration. What a difficult situation, I can't imagine how either of them feels (or you) but my heart truly goes out to you and I'm glad your parents have the love that they do. Hope hockey was a nice distraction and that you tore it up on the ice.

@bowens1973 has been trying to get online to respond to you about his lake house but he, like you, (and me) can't get the Community page to function on the app - he is not that committed to finding a workaround so I agree that I hope that's fixed soon.

@kdblpn I definitely do feel very lucky to have such a supportive partner in regards to this journey and the fact we've been on it together almost all of the way has made it much easier. I actually got started 1-2 months before him. The first years we were together was when I gained to my highest ever weight (and him too) - we both love to eat for all occasions and emotions and he dotes on me with food as he's an amazing cook so we just really celebrated falling in love by eating. He also was pre-hip replacement surgery and couldn't hardly walk a block so we were living a very sedentary lifestyle. Brad is the main cook in our house and before I started there was no end to how much butter was going into the pan, how large the meals would be, etc. so I actually thought it was going to be a super hard transition. When I started he was supportive but it was hard at times, especially with him cooking and me insisting I had to track. But, he respected my boundaries and then once he started for himself the whole thing got a lot easier. We basically have weighed within 10 pounds most of this journey and that also makes it pretty easy as we kinda walk the same path in a lot of ways. He had never really dieted or exercised much before though so the lifestyle is way newer to him than it is to me - I've been on this rollercoaster many times over the years but I can honestly say for the first time in my life I know the changes are lasting and permanent and I'm so thankful for that. So all that to say, it must be very hard to have an adversarial partner at home when it comes to this topic - it certainly wouldn't make it easier.

Ok, had a lot to say on that I guess. Today was great in the exercise department, we drove into Calgary and did a walk at a great park and just enjoyed the sun.

11/11 exercise:

11684 steps +18 mins yoga + 17 minutes strength (arms)

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options

Hi everyone. My logging is bad today. Don’t even remember the things I ate. Water consumption is still not awesome. I did start the day with 20 minutes of Pilates. Don’t think I hit my step goal today. Tired. My family left around 9pm, then we ran out to grocery shop.

@PlaneMonkey Hugs to you and all the others dealing with parents who have dementia. Your parents are cuties.

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I'll call yesterday a 'cheat' day and stopped logging halfway through. Back to weighing and logging TODAY!

This discussion has been closed.