WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    q4a8fc4h0yxq.jpg
    Here is my starting weight, mid weight and current weight pic

fantastic progress, loving the new hair :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    WAISTAWAYS NOVEMBER WEEK 1 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

photo-1518611012118-696072aa579a?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1770&q=80

# of participants – 9

WEEK 1 TOP STEPPERS
    #1 @KellyBgetsfit 104,598
    #2 @sljjjembeca 97,074
    #3 @ashleycarole86 78,200

WEEK 1 TOP CONSISTENT STEPPERS
    Days meeting daily step pledge
    @ashleycarole86 6/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 6/7
    @micki48 6/7

WEEK 1 STRETCH STEPPERS
    Days exceeding daily step pledge by more than double
    @eggfreak 1/7

Together, the nine of us walked a total of 627,398 steps this week – 297 miles. We haven’t had this many step participants on the team since I took this task on, so it’s very exciting. Let’s use our individual week 1s to set our targets for how we want the rest of the month to go.

@sljjjembeca If you want to be included in the consistency stats please provide me with a daily step target you’re aiming for (but not required if this isn’t something you want to target!)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Well, Tuesday was a bit of a bust here! It seems my cold has morphed into something else just to keep entertaining me for longer - a sinus infection almost certainly, and possibly pharyngitis or bronchitis. I have not done much today at all - just walking around the house feels like I have just hiked up our hill in record time, so can I have a multiplier of around 150 for my steps today? :wink: Seeing the doc soon...

I'm hoping that all of you are having a spiffy day - tell me all about your wonderful exercise so I can enjoy it vicariously!

Good job on all the weigh-ins up through today - there is a lot of lovely green shining through there :heart:

And now it is time for the lovely Wednesday people to be ready to roll:

@AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
    @PlaneMonkey

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    I feel terrible for you @jugar ... you've been such a trooper and you've been patient but this must be getting frustrating for you.

Exercise was good today, got up at 5 (ugh) but I knew I had to in order to get what I wanted done. Did a 30 minute Peloton ride, and then walked to my Mom's and back before work (it's quick, less than 1 KM one way) to help her with a few things. Got out for a walk at lunch too, and that was a wrap on the day. Brad and I are doing a volunteer thing once a week or so, with tonight being the night for this week, so we are wiped! He is down doing his exercise now as he is not one to be up before work like me.

11/9 exercise:
    8773 steps + 30 mins Peloton
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am so sorry. When I got sick in Sept, that was the sickest I had been in years. I hope the Dr. helps.

@ashleycarole86 you are killing that Pelton! I forgot to answer your question a few days ago. Yes, I have an elliptical. We got it nearly 12 years ago after baby 2. I used to go to the gym, but she was a preemie and I knew I wouldn't want to take her to the gym daycare. Its a fancy one where you can adjust resistance and incline. I used to use it a lot, now I tell myself, it is just 10 min! If I ever put 20 min, it means I got on there twice that day.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Having a bit of a hard time being motivated, but I just began trying the lose it app to spice up food logging and such and that's helped a bit! I made sushi rice for the first time to have with homemade Poke (used marinated smoked salmon, edamame, cabbage, carrots, and radish) and it was amazing! I made a vegetarian version for lunch today with kimchi and other addons :)

@jugar My weight is...ugh...229.3 but I don't feel like I've gained THAT much weight so I'm hopeful that it's just water retention and such. Fingers crossed that I'll have a big loss next week! :)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @jugar Sending hugs to you and hope you are on the mend soon. We are getting a dusting of snow just 500 feet above our altitude. Is snow creeping closer to you yet? You will need to be ready for all of the snow fun and games!

Yesterday I ate all the carbs and the scale showed that in the morning. Did a 30 minute ballet workout yesterday and today will be weights.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options

Ok I know change can be good but I'm feeling discombobulated by the newness of the forums today! Much more modern looking but everything new takes some getting used to.

@KellyBgetsfit That's so amazing to hear that the scale is finally budging below your old range - you must feel so happy about that!

@kdblpn Glad it turned out to be GI related and not the alternative - that must have been scary. Hope you can take it easy and feel better soon.

@AshenMoon Homemade poke always seems daunting to make at home so good for you. Such a tasty and fresh dish.

@PlaneMonkey Wow, you sure have had some very unique experiences for your 5 facts. Kinda wanna find your commercial on Youtube.. lol, between you and @micki48 being in a movie we are a group full of stars. @bowens1973 lived right on Pigeon on a lakefront home so what a small friggin' world!!! Such a beautiful spot.

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

@jugar feel better, that's an order.

Of all crazy days this one deserves a wine at the end of it but instead I went for the potato chips - they're all gone so no more temptation and I've got some garden jobs to finish up tomorrow on the Veterans day holiday day off work - so will choose not to have the wine. Was happily at work this morning when my mum's text 'where r u' came thru. I was utterly convinced that it was my sister taking her to the upper endoscopy appt....but I must have got mixed up somehow - anyhow, it was panic, hurry up get there and then wait for over an hour before she was brought in. Back to work for an hour or so then back to the hospital and bad news - a tumor needing biopsied. We'll have to wait to see what type/stage etc. Ugh, as I write this, that glass of wine is seeming like not such a bad idea...pretty sure I'll be in the green for weigh in tomorrow - have been very good with weighing and logging my food this past week.

This discussion has been closed.