CW:218
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 277
    C. W. 270

I'm not sure what I did right yesterday because yesterday morning I was 279. Today I start a new diet and workout strategy.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I've had the same problem. The navigation is off in my opinion.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @bgame4 @Firefly743 @tammymccrady6278 @digger61 Congrats on the losses!

@19shmoo69 Wowza! Great loss, congrats! What's your new diet and workout strategy like?

Hi all. Doing good over here. This morning's brunch is going to be a bit of a splurge: mimosas and my husband is making a Georgian dish (Georgia the country, not the state) called Adjaruli Khachapuri which is a cheesy bread dish that we love. He's making it with a complicated potato dish. We will go for a long walk before he starts cooking. I've planned for this so it won't derail me or mess up my day.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Keeping a log of your migraines is a very good idea and hopefully you will still get the answers you need. Girl, I forgot I was logging NSV’s! :D I don’t have any to report on except that I’m determined to get back on track…at some point this year! I had to brave Walmart and Sams yesterday afternoon. NOT fun!! I hope you enjoy every moment of that yummy brunch! :)

Good morning team! I thought I better write this morning because I won’t have time the rest of the day. Yesterday, I got our church fellowship room ready for the potluck dinner that is happening this evening. I also cooked my turkey last evening and it’s the best one I’ve ever made. I cooked it upside down until the last hour. Wow, what a difference it made! Have a great day! :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    results.png

Our third week of November has concluded! Be sure to check out the results of this past week in the link below.

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

71wd9sv1brqm.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda @bgame4 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Keep up the good work! :)

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I hope the log helps. Go log you the last NSV you had! ;) I went to Walmart on Saturday morning at 7:30 and it was a little crowded but I'm sure a lot less than later in the day. I did enjoy every moment of the brunch, it was delicious and I took a nap afterward lol. I'm glad your turkey came out well. I hope the potluck goes well.

Hi all. I hope you had a good weekend. I did. I'm hoping this week goes by quickly...I'm in no mood to work!

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - congrats for making it onto the leaderboard! I've started my NSV journal, but I don't find one every single day. It will be good to have a record though.

Here we are at Thanksgiving week. Going to try to get my exercise in and eat lots of veggies this week. Right now, I am wasting time instead of getting my work and work outs done. This is a bad habit I need to work on. I'm going to go try a Get Fit with Rick video. Thank you to whoever recommended him!

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

Hi Team! Doing a quick check-in because it’s been a long day and I’m ready to sit down and watch some TV where I don’t have to think. I got my grocery shopping done early and then hubby and I went and bought a new mattress. Hopefully, it will be here in a week or so. Then I’ve been doing a bunch of computer work for the church. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment and I’m planning on starting a new Beachbody program called 645. I’m excited to see how I will like it. :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 I'm so sorry to hear about Vannie, I hope the bland diet helps.

@TeresaW1020 I'm so glad your husband is getting in fast. I hope your back continues to improve! What is your new Beachbody program like? I have a Facebook friend who is a Beachbody coach, he was in a CRPS group I was in and they yelled at him for marketing but I kinda liked him so when they kicked him out I stayed friends with him. He's been posting and tagging me in a free Beachbody workout program but I'm kind of ignoring it since I can't do all the legwork.

@krea4 Yay, rock those Jeans! Shake it, don't break it, took your mama 9 months to make it! I'll shut up but I'm so happy for you!

@trooworld I hope the doctor has some good ideas during your appointment, let us know how it goes! I can't do the size of Walmart plus stand in line there, they have the world's slowest cashiers or at least mine does. I did pickup today there but they subbed the cat food and one in the pack all four of the cats hate (beef with gravy). I have to look up a pupusa, I have no clue what you're talking about! They look good, let us know how it goes! A cheesy bread dish sounds amazing! I saw Teresa comment on tracking your migraines, is there anything specific the doctor is thinking? It could be from so many things, hormones, weather, food, exercise, I know it gets annoying with so many variables.

@19shmoo69 Hey, it sounds like you're on the right track, keep it up and ride the wave! :smile:

@trooworld @Cornanda @bgame4 Way to go on rocking the week, you're all doing so amazing!

@Cornanda Are they walking workouts? I just searched and it came up on YouTube, you know how curious I am about stuff!

Hi gang! I've been helping my brother with some of his work the last couple days which is great, I need the distraction. I'm still doing really good on my diet and workouts. I'm pretty stressed that my ex-boyfriend is still here, this is going to be a long couple weeks. It's a pretty toxic situation, I can't wait to finally be free of him and block him on everything and change the locks.

So how is everyone handling Thanksgiving, small servings, hog wild, cut back before, or what? I'm cutting back a little bit this week then I know as long as I'm not too strict I won't go too crazy, I decided tonight because I'm having two celebrations. As usual I'm put in charge of salad for the bigger celebration. Usually I'm super strict then eat so much my stomach hurts and that's really not healthy coping. I have to say having my pain condition relapse and not being able to work out hard has made me do all the mental stuff, you can't work out for three hours in pain so I've really had to learn balance and healthy behaviors.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you! Yeah, I don't have NSVs every single day either. But they do add up! What are you making for Thanksgiving?

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the new mattress. Let us know how you like the new Beachbody program.

@Katmary71 I can't remember if I said how my Friday appt went, but she seemed clueless. She referred me to neurology and they contacted me yesterday to make an appointment. Hopefully, we can figure something out. Yeah, Walmart is a LOT...too much to deal with sometimes even for me. I can imagine if you have some mobility issues, it would be impossible. Oh the pupusas are really good. The doctor threw out so many things, as you said: menopause, drinking the one 3-oz wine spritzer a night that I have, my coffee, not sleeping well, weather, etc. it was really frustrating. And then she suggested some meds that I've already tried. Ugh. That's a good idea to change the locks. I hope he leaves on his own accord. For Thanksgiving, my plan is to have modest servings of the things I really love and ignore the rest. I am not going to "dietify" the side dishes, my family wouldn't enjoy it and neither would I lol. I am just going to be mindful of how much I take of each thing. That's good you are in charge of the salad, you can make a nice healthy one.

Hi all. I'm not feeling well today, sore throat and feeling run down. I'm glad we don't have any unhealthy snacks in the house because yesterday, I would have eaten them. We did order food delivery but I made a relatively healthy choice (all things considered): we ordered Panda Express. It fit into my WW program, I ordered super greens, string bean chicken, and mushroom chicken. I am going to stay home from work today. I was supposed to have jury duty but I'm rescheduling that.

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    @trooworld my wife reminded me of a book we have, 17 day diet. I think it's the breakthrough edition. I combined workouts and do them early in the morning.
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - yes, tell us how Beach body is. I hope your mattress arrives soon, maybe it will help your back? Are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

@Katmary71 - Yes, they are walking workouts. Someone on here recommended him. They are pretty short, and he makes it fun. The one I did was quite simple and it's easy to add or subtract some things to make it your own. I decided to make it a bit more "dancy" and it was fun! My plan for Thanksgiving- see below....

@trooworld- I'm cooking for Thanksgiving and it's just the 4 of us, maybe daughter's boyfriend, not sure yet. Even the typical dinner is a huge amount of food for 4 people. I don't have any diet bombing relatives to show up with other dishes. Are you cooking? For a crowd or a few?

Yes, everyone, share your Thanksgiving plans if you have time.

My plan is to eat well before and after Thanksgiving and have what I want for Thanksgiving dinner. I do try not to eat until I am stuffed and uncomfortable. Then the problem becomes the leftovers..... which I love and will continue to eat during the weekend. My family loves the leftovers too so they get gone pretty quickly. I'll have to be careful there. I will not skip any exercise and will make sure I do a bunch of it on Thanksgiving morning.

On Friday, I make this apple recipe:

https://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-scalloped-apples-76504

That helps me to stop eating the pie!

Kids will be home this afternoon!

Yesterday, I had some chili for lunch. I looked at it and thought "that's too big of a portion size". Then, this evil little voice inside my head said "well, you're not going to lose any weight this week because of Thanksgiving, so it doesn't matter". I told my brain to shut the heck up- Thinking like that will get you a week long binge instead of one meal.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Week: 4
    PW: 227.0
    CW: 226.0
    LTD: 22
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Thanks for the title. Whatever you are doing is working, keep it up! :)

@Cornanda That's good that there won't be many people to cook for. We are cooking for us and 3 other people. Unfortunately, most of the dishes are diet bombs lol. I've tried in the past to lighten things up and it didn't go over well. I've learned to just make what I make and try to eat lower in points on the day of and the day after to make up for what I eat. I am making: turkey and gravy, instant pot mashed potatoes, bread and celery stuffing, broccoli-cauliflower casserole, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls (I am determined to make these!!!), and sweet potato pie with homemade crust. Funny story about the rolls: I tried to make some the first Thanksgiving I was with my husband and they turned out like hockey pucks. My husband even threw one against the shed out back and it went "PINNNNNG!" lol. Every couple of years, I get determined to avenge those rolls. This year is the year, I think. Yes, the problem is the leftovers. I only get one plate of leftovers, for lunch on Friday. The rest goes in the trash...hopefully there won't be any to throw away. Good job shutting up your brain!

Hi all. I lost a lb this week. I'm happy that the scale is going down. I'm still sick and hoping that I don't have COVID. I don't think I will be joining my family if I am still sick tomorrow. I don't want to pass anything on to them.

• lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username: lose4me71
    Weigh day: Wednesday
    PW: 300.8
    CW: 298.1
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @trooworld- I missed the part about you not feeling well. I hope that you don't have Covid and that you will feel well enough to have a gathering tomorrow. The dishes I'm making are not light at all, but I will be very careful regarding leftovers. I agree with you that Thanksgiving should not be a day for light dishes. My Grandmother was a genius with yeast dough. She could make unbelievable bread without measuring anything. My sister and I often went to her house to bake with her, but nothing rubbed off. One time, I brought her some bread I made- I knew it wasn't right, but wasn't sure why. She took one bite and told me exactly what I did wrong. I have tried many times and my results have ranged from quite bad to acceptable, with way more on the bad side. I have officially resigned from yeast baking. I wish you well with your rolls. Let me know how they turn out. :)

We have having real Thanksgiving weather here in FL. High in the 50s. Took a walk this am and did a sweaty step workout. Now I am baking my pies. The house smells great!

@trooworld @lose4me71 Congrats on the losses!

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @Katmary71 The new BOD program I’m doing is called 645 and it’s a 13-week program with trainer Amoila Cesar, who I love! The program is focused on weights, cardio, and mobility/stability movements. He does a great job of really keeping you focused on the correct form. I’m probably going fairly hog wild for Thanksgiving. A friend of ours made my hubby a caramel pecan apple pie and we are going to get into that this evening with some vanilla ice cream We will finish it tomorrow evening. That and the wine tomorrow will be the biggest indulgences, and I’m looking forward to it! I am trying to be good for the majority of my meals. ;) Girl, I am going to do the happy dance in your honor when that ex of yours is out of your house!! :/

@trooworld Yayy on your one pound loss this week! And I am really hoping that you feel better soon and that your test is negative. I know that you want to be with your family for Thanksgiving. <3

@Cornanda, see my post to Katmary about my Beach Body workout. I love BOD!! :grin: Yes, I’m cooking for us three tomorrow. It will be a relaxed day and I’m looking forward to that! I totally agree that the leftovers are always an issue for me too. For me, Thanksgiving is really tomorrow and Friday because we will eat the same food for two days in a row. And then I diet on Saturday! :)

Hi Team! Well, my hair appointment got canceled because my hairstylist had a family emergency. I told her not to worry about me and let me know when she can get me in. So, yesterday I went and cleaned the church, and today, I didn’t go into the office to train, since my financial secretary wanted to go home early. So, I stayed home and deep cleaned things like my blinds and kitchen cabinets. Hubby had his PET scan today, but we don’t know anything yet. He has his lung biopsy on Dec. 6th, so hopefully, after that, we will get a true diagnosis and take it from there. We are staying positive and prayed up! :)

Day 63 of the 100-day Challenge Commitments:
    1. Workout or do church cleaning 5 to 6 days a week Day two of 645 and lots of cleaning
    2. Eat mostly high protein, low carb, moderate fat Mostly on plan but I do have a small piece of apple pie and some ice cream on the menu for later this evening.
    3. Restart Data Driven Fasting and work it like a boss! I’m still in the baselining portion of this challenge and will stay there until Friday.
    4. NO unplanned sugar! B)
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • trooworld
    Options
    @lose4me71 Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda Thanks, my test came back negative so I will be joining my family at Thanksgiving. :) It takes a special person to do yeast well, you are lucky you had your grandma. That's amazing that she didn't measure anything. She does sound like a yeast genius! I love the way the house smells when I bake. I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

@TeresaW1020 Your husband's pie sounds amazing! How was it? Thanks, my test was negative so I'm going to Thanksgiving! I need to clean our blinds. I'm hopefully going to do it while I'm off this week.

Hi all. Well, my COVID test came back negative so I think it's just allergies. I was dizzy yesterday and fell over while looking in the fridge and have dizzy spells when I bend over since then. I made the cranberry sauce/compote and a sweet potato pie and...ROLLS! After 20 years of trying, I made rolls that are edible! LOL I am going to include a picture because I want to brag about them lol.

1o0sx6vocdlv.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    7qrvlqwhjete.png
This discussion has been closed.