This November I Will....

Options

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,974 Member
    Options
    @everydaywechoose it sounds like you are doing great! My carb goal is 100, and I find that plenty challenging depending on what my dinner entree is. Your success is inspiring!

@TerriRichardson112 I love Summertime! My mom used to sing it as a lullaby Now it’s playing in my head 🙂

My summertime song choice is Surfin USA by The Beach Boys. It’s kind of hard to sing because of the list of surfing spots in the lyrics However, most of them are local, so familiar. I finished a set of essays yesterday, but of course there’s another set coming in next week.

@MadisonMolly2017 you are amazing with your sentimental decluttering - that’s the truly hard stuff. I’m glad to hear that the daily art goal is happening!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Nov 1: Small daily focus: kitchen counters & cabinet doors ✅
    Anti-procrastination mission: put away my folded laundry ⭐
    Nov 2: Small daily focus: right side of the Living Room ✅
    Anti-procrastination mission: sort and put away DH's laundry (sock 🧦 load) ⭐
    Nov 3: Small daily focus: cleaned & decluttered area off the kitchen by back door ✅
    Anti-procrastination mission: potted up the rooted cuttings ⭐

🤠🌺
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @77tes The grinch song...perfect..I hope you raise the rafters! For the carbs, it's early on in this effort, I think i'm in the 'honeymoon' phase of my little challenge.

@TerriRichardson112 Love how you displayed your song choices.

@texasgardnr Thank you for your encouragement. It really helps:) a lot!

@MadisonMolly2017 I love your creativity. Great inspiration for future projects. Also, I've seen your name around different groups for a few years now. You have always been a positive influence. Cheers to positive energy.

Hey all this is motivating. I cant possibly stand to not participate in the music thing....gees now I gotta come up with some songs that will sing to my soul...so might be a few days while i ponder this. I love love music.

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Nov 1: Small daily focus: kitchen counters & cabinet doors ✅
    Anti-procrastination mission: put away my folded laundry ⭐
    Nov 2: Small daily focus: right side of the Living Room ✅
    Anti-procrastination mission: sort and put away DH's laundry (sock 🧦 load) ⭐
    Nov 3: Small daily focus: cleaned & decluttered area off the kitchen by back door ✅
    Anti-procrastination mission: potted up the rooted cuttings ⭐
    Nov 4: Small daily focus: cleaned/ polished the Living Room furniture ✅
    Anti-procrastination mission: cleaned the back sliding glass door ⭐

🤠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,109 Member
    Options
    Nov KEY: 📸declutter ⛑LDL⬇️ 🎨create!
    1 📸⬆️🎨 made photo transfers with clear contact paper
    2 📸⛑🎨 carved my first rubber stamp!
    3 📸⛑🎨 “fussy” cut out old bits of watercolor botanicals & Chinese brush painting to use in future collages!
    4 📸⬆️🎨 created large monograms & words in ink & pen! Decluttering is going great. Small laptop neatly completely done!!

I’m joining the singing, too!!
    🎶Nov 1 “Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!”☀️
    🎶Nov 2 “Chim Chim Cher-ee” 🌂Poppins
    🎶Nov 3 “Orinoco Flow” Celtic Woman 🗺
    🎶Nov 4 “Bohemian Rhapsody” Queen 👑
    (Did a ton of research on the lyrics!) WOW!

“I’m Tired” Madeline Kahn
    “Stayin’ Alive Bee Gees

❤️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @everydaywechoose

Wow! Thank you so much 🌸
    Your message means SO MUCH to me!

Yes, I figure we beat the odds even being conceived, so let’s make the most of it!

THANK YOU❣️
    Maddie

@MadisonMolly2017 I love your creativity. Great inspiration for future projects. Also, I've seen your name around different groups for a few years now. You have always been a positive influence. Cheers to positive energy.”
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Oh my goodness! So many great ideas for November! I LOVE the music challenge! I will have to join in that one for sure just because I rarely listen to music but when I do, it truly lifts my soul and brings such joy!!

I'm also very drawn to what @texasgardnr is doing! So I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to do the "Small daily focus" and "Anti-procrastination mission" in November, as well as the November singing (because that's just too fun not to join!) I think the Small Daily Focus & Anti-Procrastination Mission will help me get the house nice and ready for the holidays without having to bust our buns running around last minute scrubbing and shoving crap into drawers to get it off countertops! :mrgreen:

Nov 5 Small Daily Focus: Clean refrigerator and countertop next to it near back door.
    Anti-Procrastination Mission: Drop off donate boxes and bags at Bethesda Thrift Shop

Songs:
    uytd7zybkm0c.png

Nov 1: Yellow Brick Road 🎼🎵🎶
    Nov 2: 867-5309 / Jenny
    Nov 3: Summer of 69
    Nov 4: You're so Vain
    Nov 5: Brown Eyed Girl 🎼🎵🎶

• 77tes
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I thought of You’re So Vain for day 4 as well, but I couldn’t think of anyone who fit the bill.

My Day 5 song is Defying Gravity.

Day 6 is Dancing Queen
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    This November I Will... I will cook with healthy alternatives, use spices, and explore healthy recipes outside my comfort zone.

Oh, that sounds like a great area for your “I Will”!

Will you do one of these once a day? A meal?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    3 📸⛑🎨 “fussy” cut out old bits of watercolor botanicals & Chinese brush painting to use in future collages!
    4 📸⬆️🎨 created large monograms & words in ink & pen! Decluttering is going great. Small laptop neatly completely done!!
    5📸⛑🎨 practiced creating line drawings of orchids! Added more events to our Family Historical Timeline.

🎶 Nov 5 “Under Pressure” Queen & Bowie

“Stayin’ Alive Bee Gees

❤️

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,330 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🦃🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁
    👷‍♀️👷🏻Building Healthy Habits👷🏻👷‍♀️
    🍁🎼🍂 🎹November 🎹🍂🎼🍁
    🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🦃🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁
    Continuing to consolidate my established daily habits, plus the following new habit, and challenge.

My November I will ….
    …. After I switch off my devices at 11 pm….
    …. I will do a quick pick up sweep of the downstairs before I go upstairs.
    🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹
    mk1eskqmrqti.jpeg

🎼🎹November Song Challenge🎹🎼 I will use YouTube videos for the lyrics of songs I don’t know. I might even have a go at some of the songs others post. I love to sing.
    🎤1. The Yellow Rose of Texas - Mitch Miller
    🎤2. Three Steps to Heaven - Eddie Cochran
    🎤3. Summertime- Billie Holliday. This was one of my mother’s favourite songs so I know the words. 😂
    🎤4. get knocked down - Chumba Whumba. I had to think long and hard about this. There was a teacher once who told me I would never amount to anything. Can’t remember his name.
    🎤5: Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
    🎤6. Let's Dance - David Bowie
    7. I’m on the highway to heaven Led Zeppelin
    8. Lucy in the sky with diamonds- Beatles
    9. My kind of life - Cliff Richard
    10. Bye Bye Love - Simon & Garfunkel

• 77tes
    Options
    November 7 song "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson although "King of the Road" by Roger Miller is also fun.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    5📸⛑🎨 practiced creating line drawings of orchids! Added more events to our Family Historical Timeline.
    6📸⛑🎨 wonderful time drawing orchids & yellow fog leaves, lettering. Deleting emails.

🎶 Nov 5 “Under Pressure” Queen & Bowie
    🎶 Nov 6 “Billy Jean” & “Everybody Dance Now”💃 (and yes I did) BTW - apparently I’d never heard the lyrics of Billy Jean 😳

BTW I didn’t realize there was a theme for each day. I think I might keep it simple & just do songs I’d like to learn the lyrics of. I’ve always had a really hard time making them out for some reason.

“Stayin’ Alive Bee Gees

❤️

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Trying to wrap up our Walktober virtual walk and post the final map this afternoon. If @TerriRichardson112 @Mrs_Hoffer @PackerFanInGB @texasgardnr and anyone else would like to include their mileage for Oct 23 through Nov 5 in the final count, please post your mileage this morning. Thanks! —Denise
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,330 Member
    Options
    Trying to wrap up our Walktober virtual walk and post the final map this afternoon. If @TerriRichardson112 @Mrs_Hoffer @PackerFanInGB @texasgardnr and anyone else would like to include their mileage for Oct 23 through Nov 5 in the final count, please post your mileage this morning. Thanks! —Denise

63.25 miles