This November I Will....

Options

Replies

• everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Music choices...i just joined at day 8

day 8: Fav drug/booze song: "Rockstar"- Nickleback

day9: Happy song: "Loveshack"- B52's also, like "My favorite things" on the Sound of Music soundtrack

day10: Sad song: "Lightning crashes"- Coyboy Junkies

day11: Never get tired of song: "A boy Named Sue" -Johnny Cash

day12: song I heard as a Pre-teen: "Wake up little Susie" -Everly Brothers

day13: 70's song: "Thank you for the music"- ABBA

day 14: wedding song: "At last"-Etta James

day15: cover song: "The beat goes on" -Sonny and Cher

That's it for now:)

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    Options

🥰 All the song choices.

So many memories 😂

• TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2021
    Options
    🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🦃🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁

👷‍♀️👷🏻Building Healthy Habits👷🏻👷‍♀️

🍁🎼🍂 🎹November 🎹🍂🎼🍁

🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🦃🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁

My November I will ….

…. After I switch off my devices at 11 pm….

…. I will do a quick pick up sweep of the downstairs before I go upstairs.

🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹

🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹

🎼🎹November Song Challenge🎹🎼 I will use YouTube videos for the lyrics of songs I don’t know. I might even have a go at some of the songs others post. I love to sing.

3omg7mopkgfa.jpeg

🎤1. The Yellow Rose of Texas - Mitch Miller

🎤2. Three Steps to Heaven - Eddie Cochran

🎤3. Summertime- Billie Holliday. This was one of my mother’s favourite songs so I know the words. 😂

🎤4. I get knocked down - Chumba Whumba. I had to think long and hard about this. There was a teacher once who told me I would never amount to anything. Can’t remember his name.

🎤5: Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper

🎤6. Let's Dance - David Bowie

🎤7. I’m on the highway to heaven - Led Zeppelin

🎤8. Lucy in the sky with diamonds- Beatles

🎤9. My kind of life - Cliff Richard

🎤10. Bye Bye Love - Simon & Garfunkel

🎤10. Bye Bye Love - Simon & Garfunkel

🎤11. The age of Aquarius

12. Scarlet Ribbons - This was one my Mum sang when I was a child.

13. I’ve got a brand new pair of roller skates - Mungo Jerry

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,109 Member
    Options
    Nov 10📸⛑🎨 emails, sat fat perfect, b&w art piece
    Nov 11 📸⛑🎨 photos, sat fat perfect, black & white art piece

I’ve got my calories & food back under control which has greatly lifted my spirits as scale is now going down.

Watching a show at night with my husband is helping.

I’m also gradually shifting my remaining eating times to coincide with his, so I don’t have to face the temptation when he eats at different times than me!

So relieved!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, I think it’s a great decision you made to lineup your eating times with your husbands. I remember reading in one of James Clear’s newsletters that people who are successful in changing their behavior and implementing new habits don’t have extraordinary willpower or motivation. But what they do differently is key. They look for things that might foil their intentions, and are obstacles in reaching their goals. They identify them and then they get rid of them. In essence, they are making changing their habits easier by eliminating anything that might get in their way.

That is exactly why you will never find a delicious Boston cream pie in my house except for a very tiny window around my birthday. I don’t want to rely on willpower to only have a “tiny“ piece. Please… I know how that story ends! 😀 It’s just so much easier for me to eliminate the temptation altogether.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,974 Member
    Options
    Day 11 - a song I never get tired of - “Top of the World.” I love The Carpenters

Day 12 - a song from my preteen years- Well, I was 10 at the height of Beatlemania, so most of their early songs would fit the category. I choose “Ticket to Ride.”
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, I think it’s a great decision you made to lineup your eating times with your husbands. I remember reading in one of James Clear’s newsletters that people who are successful in changing their behavior and implementing new habits don’t have extraordinary willpower or motivation. But what they do differently is key. They look for things that might foil their intentions, and are obstacles in reaching their goals. They identify them and then they get rid of them. In essence, they are making changing their habits easier by eliminating anything that might get in their way.

That is exactly why you will never find a delicious Boston cream pie in my house except for a very tiny window around my birthday. I don’t want to rely on willpower to only have a “tiny“ piece. Please… I know how that story ends! 😀 It’s just so much easier for me to eliminate the temptation altogether.

@themedalist
    Thanks! I totally agree!
    The list of what we don’t have in our house is long, but our labs are all great!!

I’m at peace with it. Making things easy is the name of the game!
  • 77tes
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Day 13 a 70 song - American Pie was a huge hit when I was in high school.

@themedalist and @MadisonMolly2017
    I totally agree that NOT having things that are difficult to resist in the house is the way to go. The Halloween candy was a serious temptation that did not go well.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

Nov 12 📸⛑🎨 photos, sat fat perfect, black & white art piece
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2021
    Options
    🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁
    👷🏻Building Healthy Habits👷🏻
    🎼🍂 🎹November 🎹🍂🎼
    🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁

My November I will ….
    🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹
    🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹

🎼🎹November Song Challenge🎹🎼
    I will use YouTube videos for the lyrics of songs I don’t know. I might even have a go at some of the songs others post.
    I love to sing.

🎤11. The age of Aquarius
    🎤12. Scarlet Ribbons - This was one my Mum sang when I was a child.
    🎤13. I’ve got a brand new pair of roller skates - Mungo Jerry
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Nov 13 📸⛑🎨

Yay!
  • LoreleiReed
    LoreleiReed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh P.S. I can't sing even in the shower... :D but I'll hum along with anyone.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Day 14 - wedding song

Two friends learned to play the song I requested on their guitars. It was suggested by a dear elderly friend who was also our church organist. It’s the hymn “Therefore Give Us Love.” My guitar-playing friends played and sang the song for many weddings after that. Maybe the first time in my life I started a trend.

I haven’t been fancying up my tracker this month, but here it is so far. My goal of 5 minutes clean up so working well. It’s getting harder to find stuff to put away.
    bb2tfeasl9ov.jpeg
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,191 Member
    Options
    Thanks @themedalist for sharing info about BitGym. Downloaded and using now!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @77tes <3 "Apply for retirement" <3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Nov 15 📸⛑🎨
    I have FINALLY turned the tide this past week.
    And I’m
    Now back in my maintenance range.

Just so odd how this becomes almost effortless the first full week of colder weather & how my weight leaps up & then creeps up during the first all hot week & summer. I was worried because I usually lose in Oct, but A. It was Hot & B. I was adjusting to tinnitus

One week down. Will keep going. Since apparently I’m 5’8” now, I’m going to lose ~ 5 more pounds than my avg the last few years when I was 5’8.5”.

I’m actually excited.
  • 77tes
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @77tes <3 "Apply for retirement" <3

@ nebslp I should have had that be first! 😊

My Day 15 song is Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole

https://youtu.be/fahr069-fzE
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁
    👷🏻Building Healthy Habits👷🏻
    🎼🍂 🎹November 🎹🍂🎼
    🍁🎼🍂🎹🎶🎶🎹🍂🎼🍁

My November I will ….
    🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹
    🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹
    🧹

🎼🎹November Song Challenge🎹🎼

I’m really enjoying researching these songs. It’s bringing back a lot of memories.

🎤11. The age of Aquarius
    🎤12. Scarlet Ribbons - This was one my Mum sang when I was a child.
    🎤13. I’ve got a brand new pair of roller skates - Mungo Jerry
    🎤14. I had the time of my life (from Dirty Dancing (In retrospect 😂)
    🎤15. Babyface -Little Richard (original by Art Mooney and his orchestra)
    16. White Christmas- Bing Crosby
    17. It takes two, baby - Tina Turner and Rod Stewart (I sang this with another teacher and several others teachers as a backing group at a Christmas Concert for our pupils one year. There is a video of it somewhere 😂)
    18. I’ll be with you in apple blossom time - Jo Stafford
    19. Living Doll - Cliff Richard
    20. Terry - Twinkle (this was the song that lead me to adopt my name as a teenager.)
    21. Hey Micky - Toni Basil
    22. Moving on up - M People
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 you've got me singing 'hey Mikey' , and wow all the dirty dancing songs...they are all great...makes my feet start moving and I break into song.

@MadisonMolly2017 Huge congratulations for reaching maintenance phase. That is a huge personal achievement.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Day 16 - I Could Have Danced All Night - My sister did a parody of this in a college review "I Had to Read and Write All Night." She totally NAILED it!

I'll bet your rendition of "It Takes Two" was amazing @TerriRichardson112 !

@MadisonMolly2017 Congratulations on hitting maintenance! Seeing the trends of hot and cool weather are interesting, well done tracking so mindfully. But No way am I re-calibrating my goal based on the changes in my height. I'm 5'5" and I'm sticking with it. :D I figure my cartilage getting worn out doesn't really change my overall frame.