NOVEMBER Monthly Challenge

Options
stormywxs288
stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
Here we go again. Don’t mean to overstep any boundaries but I’m posting our November Monthly Challenge for Chinatown. I don’t know her situation, I hope all is well, and she will return soon. Here are the Sundays and last day of November 2021:

Nov 7
Nov 14
Nov 21
Nov 28
Nov 30

As always, feel free to post and comment on this thread. In addition, there is a companion spreadsheet for the year where you can post/track weight for the year. Here is a link to that spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15_Wm6tiqUTRwP65I8gZWwWjWVtGgvYyj8p2gMaiWi48/edit#gid=141832484

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    Here we go again. Don’t mean to overstep any boundaries but I’m posting our November Monthly Challenge for Chinatown. I don’t know her situation, I hope all is well, and she will return soon. Here are the Sundays and last day of November 2021:

Nov 7
    Nov 14
    Nov 21
    Nov 28
    Nov 30

As always, feel free to post and comment on this thread. In addition, there is a companion spreadsheet for the year where you can post/track weight for the year. Here is a link to that spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15_Wm6tiqUTRwP65I8gZWwWjWVtGgvYyj8p2gMaiWi48/edit#gid=141832484

Thanks! I meant to do this but some crazy family stuff has come up. :weary:
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread again. This helps me to stay accountable and track my weight. Lately, I've been weighing every day, but that's not normal, I'm just fascinated with alternate-day fasting and how it affects me.

Height 5'1"
    Starting Weight - 220 lbs

Nov 1 - 205
    Nov 7 -
    Nov 14 -
    Nov 21 -
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -

Goal Weight - 140 lbs
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's been over a year since I have been accountable. Time to step Up!

Height 5'7"
    Starting Weight - 193 lbs

Nov 1 - 191
    Nov 7 -
    Nov 14 -
    Nov 21 -
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -

Goal weight 145
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thank you Stormy!

I have been traveling the past few weeks and have let things slide. We were able to go to games one and two of the World Series (which was fun!) and now I am in Florida for a family funeral. That is difficult, but it has been good to spend time with family I have not seen in years. It has been nice being able to travel again, but I really enjoy being home, so I am looking forward to getting back!

I need to weigh in once I get home and see what my damage has been, but I am also considering waiting to do so until I am back into my routine for a week so that I am not discouraged. We'll see.

I also need update my weight on the spreadsheet, but it has been switched to read only and I'm not sure who the original owner is (?)

I hope you all have a great week!!

SW: 165
    GW: 125

Sunday 10/3 - 153.5
    Sunday 10/10 - 153.2 <.3>
    Sunday 10/17 - 152 <1.2>
    Sunday 10/24 -
    Sunday 10/31 - 154

Total Lost: 11
    To Go: 29

Nov 7
    Nov 14
    Nov 21
    Nov 28
    Nov 30
  • aishmartin
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Weight this week was going up and down two or so pounds. Water weight...ugh.

Height 5'1"

Nov 1 - 205
    Nov 7 - 204
    Nov 14 -
    Nov 21 -
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -

Goal Weight - 140 lbs
  • stormywxs288
    edited November 2021
    Options

I also need update my weight on the spreadsheet, but it has been switched to read only and I'm not sure who the original owner is (?)

Niki Gerena started this spreadsheet in 2018 and I think she is the owner of it. I've been maintaining it for most of 2020 and all of 2021. I've tried to change the read-only status but it appears only the owner of the spreadsheet can do that. I may attempt to create a new companion spreadsheet for our monthly challenge but I'm afraid our current sheet is dead unless someone else can figure out how to resolve the read-only status.

Stormy
  • itzcath
    Options
    Height 5'7"

Nov 1 - 191
    Nov 7 - 189.2
    Nov 14 -
    Nov 21 -
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -

Goal weight 145
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't want to over step here but if you make a copy of the workbook it will allow for edits and keep the current format. You just have to assign a new link to the one you save and you will become the owner. At least that is how it used to work.

Niki Gerena started this spreadsheet in 2018 and I think she is the owner of it. I've been maintaining it for most of 2020 and all of 2021. I've tried to change the read-only status but it appears only the owner of the spreadsheet can do that. I may attempt to create a new companion spreadsheet for our monthly challenge but I'm afraid our current sheet is dead unless someone else can figure out how to resolve the read-only status.

Stormy

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    So many thanks to Baconslave for always showing up with a new challenge.
    I feel I've been lost at sea the past few years foodwise, but every time that I'm ready to try again, success or no success, the current challenge is here and ready for my efforts. It's like a lifeline to get back to the only way of eating that has ever worked for me in terms of health and weight and mental rightness..
    I don't know why its so hard for me to get back to it, anything that comes to mind just feels like an excuse, but I am going all in for it right now.
    All of the Keto things.
  • KristinLeeD
    Options
    @TXRebelle - I personally think that is helpful and not overstepping at all!

@stormywxs288 - I am unable to copy the sheet as would usually be the case; but I AM able to download the entire thing (so past years are not lost) and re-save, invite people and make it public. It looks like it MAY need a little bit of adjusting for cosmetic purposes, but I did not want to do all of that without checking in with you. I, too, don't want to overstep - especially if you would like to do it! I do think it is better to do whatever is necessary to use the same sheet and not lose all of the previous data. Let me know...I'm happy to do whatever you would like!

TXRebelle wrote: »
    I don't want to over step here but if you make a copy of the workbook it will allow for edits and keep the current format. You just have to assign a new link to the one you save and you will become the owner. At least that is how it used to work.

Stormy

• stormywxs288
    Options
    KLD and Baconslave don't worry about stepping on my toes! I only stepped in to help when it became obvious that Niki and Chinatown were not available to continue what they started and maintained for us for years. I have become addicted (in a good way) to this forum and the spreadsheet.

I appreciate both of you stepping up to help. Know, I am here for your support when and if needed. KLD and Baconslave, this kind of teamwork is one of the things that keeps me coming back to this forum and the spreadsheet. I <3 the Monthly Keto Challenge and the companion spreadsheet. I'm also a big fan of KLD and Baconslave :)
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Re WI Sheet: You have to go in through Google Drive to make a copy/duplicate of the workbook. It should be in the "shared" files. I was able to do it as a test and it made me the Owner. Then you update the link to be edited by anyone that has the link. :)
  • KristinLeeD
    Options
    Stormy - I've always been a big fan of yours! (Thanks for not rubbing it in when the Astros lost-haha) I've appreciated how much you have done to keep this group going when others have had to step away.

I love this forum and the fact that even when my crazy life pulls me away, each time I am back, my "friends" are here and welcoming - and encouraging in the journey because that is what we are all here for!

I will update and share the worksheet today. I know that I am not consistent enough to update it all the time, but I am happy to get it working again and also update and lock some of the cells/formulas that cause problems each week.

Thank you TXRebelle for the information! I will go in later today and copy it rather than downloading it. That will probably eliminate the need to clean it up.
  • KristinLeeD
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CuInqf5xw3sdIV2ZBdztT9AqWqfyBPRgEJ5I_BpuPxE/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the new spreadsheet that should be accessible by all. It still needs some work in the formulas, changing things to "if/then" because, for example, if someone does not enter their weight for a week, the final totals do not populate correctly. I don't have the time to do that now, but I wanted to make it active so that we could at least record our end of October and November numbers!

But for now, it is workable and everyone should be able to access it. I'll post the link in other
    places in our forum too.

baconslave, since you are an admin, I don't know if there is somewhere in the headings where you can post it that we can't (?)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CuInqf5xw3sdIV2ZBdztT9AqWqfyBPRgEJ5I_BpuPxE/edit?usp=sharing
  • aishmartin
    Options
    Height 5'1"

Nov 1 - 205
    Nov 7 - 204
    Nov 14 - 203
    Nov 21 -
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -

Goal Weight - 140 lbs
  • itzcath
    Options
    Height 5'7"

Nov 1 - 191
    Nov 7 - 189.2
    Nov 14 - 191
    Nov 21 -
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -

Goal weight 145
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    November has typically not been a good weight-loss month for me. I call this the beginning of the eating season. I <3 the holidays because of the opportunity to get together with friends and family. However, the temptation of good food combined with my lack of discipline seems abundant at most gatherings during the eating season. The big one is next week, Thanksgiving.

This will be the first Thanksgiving I have attended since Covid. My plan is to feast on friendship and family instead of food this year. I wish you all a happy thanksgiving! Focus on things like friends, family, and football instead of food.

Nov 1 – 187.8
    Nov 7 – 187.0
    Nov 14 – 185.8
    Nov 21 -
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -
  • aishmartin
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Height 5'1"

Nov 1 - 205
    Nov 7 - 204
    Nov 14 - 203
    Nov 21 - 203
    Nov 28 -
    Nov 30 -

Goal Weight - 140 lbs
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    A Thanksgiving miracle has happened, I lost 4 pounds this week. Despite a battle with leftover Halloween candy and a full-on Thanksgiving feast, it looks like I’m going to close out November in the losing column. Now it is on to the second month of the “Eating Season”, December.

Nov 1 – 190.2
    Nov 7 – 187.8
    Nov 14 – 187.0
    Nov 21 - 185.8
    Nov 28 - 181.8
    Nov 30 -

n9hHm8.png
  • aishmartin
    Options
    Height 5'1"