Monthly Post for November 2021

2»

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yay for productivity, Meghan!
    Today I feel like I got hit by a bus. I am also VERY behind in grading and progress reports are due Friday afternoon. :o Worked on some stuff so I at least know what I need to do. Now I am going to bed early and hopefully I'll be able to get my stuff done tomorrow.
    Have a good one and stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,953 Member
    Good morning and Happy Wednesday!

Almost typed Tuesday - jeez! LOL

Not a whole lot new here. Busy but good. Yes, another productive one @KateNkognito LOL! Hope you got a good night of sleep and rest and are feeling better. On the up and up as we say!

Yesterday we were notified that the AirBnB we booked for our trip to Phoenix, AZ was being cancelled due to a flood they had at the house / condo. Spent last night scrambling and found a hotel to take its place for now. Sigh... So frustrating.

Not much else happening around these parts. Looking forward to another weekend! Soon. Sigh.

Have a good one and see you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all.

Hope everybody is having a good week. Last day to be in the office, working from home tomorrow. Ahhh... So grateful and nice to have an extra hour and a half of sleep! Still figuring out what I will do next week as far as days in and out of the office for the short week. Our office is closed on both Thursday and Friday.

So hard to believe that Thanksgiving is here in one week! Since we are going out of town the day afterwards we are only going to have a small meal and spread. Going to make a Thanksgiving casserole that I found. It calls for ground turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and a chopped up apple. Kind of checks off a lot of the boxes. :)

Have a good Thursday. Stay well, all. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    It is the full moon. 'Nuff said.
    @Meghan509 My only requirement for Thanksgiving is mashed potatoes and gravy. :) *You know, you could just take all three days at home...

Going to go and get all my work done, then reward myself with a terribly cheesey movie on Netflix. Have a great Friday, all!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!!

Happy FRIDAY!!! WOO HOO!

Short week for me next week, then OFF to Arizona! Figuring out our "light" Turkey day menu this AM. Yum at mashed potatoes and gravy!!

Hope you are feeling better still, @KateNkognito! Yes, Netflix is always good! Last night we watched some Thursday Night football and then by 10:30pm I was in bed. Zzzzz...

Hope you have a good one and a nice weekend. Will try and pop in during the weekend if the app is behaving. LOL
  • KateNkognito
    Today is the first day in a month that I feel almost human. AND it is Friday! I am getting stuff done and gonna roll into the weekend and my pajamas. :)
    Have a great weekend, all!
  • KateNkognito
    Not only did I get things done at school and sleep a LOT this weekend, I also cleaned my bedroom. I am not gonna lie, I have been living in there for three weeks. There was a lot to clean up.
    I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Three days of work and then officially on vacation!!! Sort of already in vacation mode. :)

Glad you had a nice weekend, @KateNkognito and you are feeling more human again. Woo hoo!

Weekend was good. Got some cleaning done. More to do before we head out later this week.

Have a nice one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    @Meghan509 Most of my students are already in vacation mode. It happens.
    Tomorrow I am going to find a mildly educational video for my 8th graders and do "The Science of Gratitude" with my 7th grade and call it good if nobody dies or is injured. Apparently I am already in vacation mode, too.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Nice. Yes, I can imagine it is a little tough to keep middle schoolers engaged and interested in school work the week of Thanksgiving @KateNkognito LOL!

Cool fall day here. Only about 30 degrees here at the moment. Brrrr... In the office today and home tomorrow. Then off. Can't wait. Got my jeans on too. Whoot!

Have a good Tuesday and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Aaaaannndd I am on vacation! FIVE glorious days! I was going to go with my husband to a funeral tomorrow, but it looks like we are going to have more people here for Thanksgiving than I thought, so I am going to stay home and clean.
    @Meghan509 I hope that Wednesday flies by! Enjoy your days off!
    Have a great rest of the week, everyone! I hope you have plenty to be thankful for!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Yea, woo hoo! Enjoy your vacation @KateNkognito! I am a few hours behind you. :smiley:

Sorry about the funeral and for your loss... :( Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Going to start prepping a few things tonight, food wise so I have less to do tomorrow. Need to to focus on packing. Friday we are off to Arizona.

Hope you have a nice holiday. I will be checking in over the next week or so sporadically. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Happy Thanksgiving, all! I am thankful for this group. You all make me accountable, even when I am not in a place to lose weight. I hope you know that I pray for you and appreciate all of you. Have a great(ful) day!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, right there with you Kate. Wishing you and your family a great holiday!

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Thanksgiving was interesting. My mother-in-law went to the hospital, but she's fine. We kind of ended up having dinner in shifts. But, in the end, we all ended up together and were very thankful!
    Safe travels, @Meghan509!
  • KateNkognito
    How is it almost the end of November?! Somehow this has been a long year, but the months are flying by. I hope everyone has a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning! Yes, how is it the end of the year!?

We made it safely to Arizona on Friday evening. We are having a nice time so far. Sunny and 70's during the day and cooler at night.

We had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving at home. Hope your MIL is feeling better @KateNkognito.

Have a good one and see you soon! :)
  • KateNkognito
    Long day at school, but it is my husband's 65th birthday, so we got to celebrate this evening. :)

My students were a little confused when I told them he is 65. They looked at me, then said, "Miss, didn't you just turn 43?" Then they did some mental math and looked even more confused. :D

@Meghan509 I hope you are having a lovely time on vacay! Soak up the sun while you can!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Hope your husband had a great birthday @KateNkognito and LOL on what the kids said!!

Things are going well here. Tonight is anniversary celebration one, of two! Tomorrow we are driving south to see an old childhood friend of mine. So excited!!

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Hello, all! Just chugging along here. Nothing exciting to say. I hope everyone has a great week!

@Meghan509 Have fun!