Never Give Up November - Accountability Thread

Options
Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

I overindulged a little but have no guilt, it was fun!

5'4", 55

Nov goal weight: 132

11/2: 134.4

Replies

• k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    5'3" 48
    Nov GW: a solid 127 or even 126?

Nov 1 - 127.7

Thanks for the thread @tracimckinney ! Halloween was a day for indulging. I definitely didn't log in all the mini coffee crisps and KitKats. Kind of lost track. But so delicious! My challenge this week is watching what I eat at my son's 2 birthday parties (family /friends) and then come hell or high water I have to get the extra Halloween candy out of the house. I will NOT hide them.

Played my first post-lockdown soccer game last night and it was good for the soul and the body :)
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    5'5", 44
    Nov Goal - 125-130 - Look Thanksgiving is happening. My standards of thanksgiving this year - and last year when still in loss - was 'eat the food'. If I come out of the month still in goal range, I'm good. I think odds of me gaining several pounds of fat are from one day are incredibly low, but I'm also setting my eyes on 'maintain the range, even high end of it'.

November 2 - 126.8

I definitely ate the Halloween Candy. Halloween was at an agility trial though so 1-) I dunno how much of it I ate, and 2-) I walked around slowly for about 9 hours, on top of 20 agility runs, some disc with the dogs, and lugging equipment around. It worked out well :P
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    5'7" 43
    CW 11/3: 150.2
    GW: ~130ish

Last weekend I definitely indulged a bit, but I knew it was coming and I made the choice to enjoy knowing I wouldn't see a loss over the week (which I didn't). Been back at it all week since, although as usual my body is trying to rebel at this point and scream that it's always hungry (even though there's no way it really is).

Still shooting for 2 pounds/week for this month, although Thanksgiving may throw that off a bit because I know I will enjoy that as well, but it may be healthy regardless - work is buying all of us some "groceries" since the holiday parties got cancelled, so I think we will have some treats with some fresh seafood and a few other tasty things my mum, nephew, and I enjoy.
  • texaschickie
    texaschickie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'2" 46
    CW 134
    November Goal - 132

I joined ETP last month. Anyone else a member?
    If you're not familiar, it's macro counting with a personal nutrition coach. Macros are adjusted bi-weekly. There are several phases. I am currently in FL1 or Fat Loss 1, so macros are pretty low. I lift heavy (StrongLifts 5x5) 3x/week and get my 10K steps each day.
  • gonzocher
    gonzocher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2" 62
    CW 130
    Nov goal 127 (but happy with maintaining if temptations get too great over the holidays)

Can I just jump in here? This looks like a great way to stay accountable.

Today I will set my exercise plan for the month, recommit to what I know works well for my new healthy life... daily weigh in, 3 oz protein and 2 cups high fiber fruit vegetables, read article on habits or psych, be mindful - no easing with tv and no judgment, 5000 steps and 4 days exercise, read goals.

I can do this!!
  • cherchechristine
    cherchechristine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    5'8" 58
    CW 189 (11/3)
    Nov goal 179 (yes, 2.5lbs a week!)

I just rejoined MFP Nov 1st, I have a lot of muscle and a layer of fat...just like the "group headline" -- My trainer says if i drop 10lbs in 4 weeks he'll give me January FREE! If i lose, I pay double! LOL...I CAN DO THIS!

Looking for like minded connections to conquer this battle...never ending, right?

Thanks for your support! WE GOT THIS!
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    5'5", 44 years old.

Getting myself on a Monday Schedule, here.
    November 2 - 126.8
    November 8 - 126.4
  • f1tafter40
    f1tafter40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    44yo, 6'0"
    CW 149
    BMI 20.2

EVALUATION OCTOBER GOALS
    1. Practice self loving kindness prior to eating anything (minimum 80% of the time). Yes
    2. Move my body in a way that gives me joy (minimum 5 days/week). Yes, except when ill
    3. Report back to this group in November. Yes

NOVEMBER GOALS
    1. Eat only when hungry, stop when satisfied.
    2. Include 3-days of strength training weekly. Include strength, mobility, and/or cardio another 2-days.
    3. Report back to this group in December.
  • k8richly
    Options
    5'3" 48

Nov 1 - 127.7
    Nov 8 - 127.8

Halloween and kids birthday parties, plus I'm recuperating from a dumb accident - all are reasons that my weight should higher, so I'm taking this as a win (or at least a tie) for this week. I still havent gotten rid of the extra Halloween candy but I havent been dipping into it too badly either. Must give it away this week!!!

It's great to see new motivated faces on here ! Welcome to @texaschickie @gonzocher @cherchechristine and everyone!
  • havajavapoe
    havajavapoe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'0" 58
    CW- 132
    GW- 127 in Dec.
    Report back to this group weekly
    Adding a 2x wk 45 minute weight training program
    Returning to low carb
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5'4", 55

11/9: 134.8
  • cherchechristine
    cherchechristine Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Congratulations @wunderkindking ! What an inspiration...those before and after pics...speaks volumes!

• pnrbor
    pnrbor Posts: 56 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    5'6" 41
    CW 63kg (roughly)
    November Goal - 61.5kg
    Goal weight 57kg

I'm really struggling to lose weight. It has taken me 3 months (and a seizure) to lose 4kg. Now I just seemed to have stopped. myfitnesspal lies when it says you can lose 1kg a week.

I have a lot of stomach fat to lose and cellulite in general.
  • k8richly
    Options
    5'3" 48

Nov 1 - 127.7
    Nov 8 - 127.8
    Nov 15 - 127.3

My weight is dropping but it's not because of anything I'm doing in particular. I think it is muscle loss. I've had to mostly stop working out since my accident about 3-4 weeks ago (fell off a ladder, bonked my head, hurt my back.... so dumb). Ive basically just been going for walks and stretching. But I'm back and I feel good! I have my bootcamp class this morning, will see my chiropractor soon and am just taking it easy as I get back into things.

@wunderkindking you can be over-the-top proud of your accomplishment 👏!! At 125 or whatever number, you look fantastic and have come a long way! And the best part is you've done it slowly (so it will stick!) and maintained a great healthy attitude.
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    [quote="k8richer;c-46433921

@wunderkindking you can be over-the-top proud of your accomplishment 👏!! At 125 or whatever number, you look fantastic and have come a long way! And the best part is you've done it slowly (so it will stick!) and maintained a great healthy attitude. [/quote]

I am pretty proud. I'm also glad that when I was at my heaviest I hadn't found the mfp communities yet, because even obese I don't think I ever lost more than 5lbs a month, and I think at that point it would have been easy for me to get wrapped up in 'OTHER PEOPLE ARE LOSING MORE QUICKLY'.

By time I ventured in it was 'eh, it's happening' and with a good grasp of what the scale was going to do.

Anyway, thanks, all. <3 I'll be sticking around here, probably, just because I might be useful and it helps me keep an eye on things -- and I like cheering people on!
  • k8richly
    Options
    5'3" 48

Nov 1 - 127.7
    Nov 8 - 127.8
    Nov 15 - 127.3
    Nov 21 - 127.5

My muscle definition is coming back now that I'm back at soccer, bootcamp, running - yay! - and I think that's why my weight is slightly up. It's been a month of not working out but I'm back at it!! Although I do find I'm super sore and really need to stretch - maybe I'm getting old or I'm still recuperating from my fall? Whatever. I'm just happy to be feeling strong again!

It's almost December everyone! It's hard to believe how fast this year is going.
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    My first morning weigh ins have been consistently right around 124 for the past week or two, with expected fluctuation during the day.

I'm doing some experimenting with loosening up on tracking right now. I'm not advising anyone else do that. My psychology and numbers and lists don't mesh well (I get anxious and obsessive) so for me if I can get to a point where I'm tracking LESS while maintaining some reasonable I'll be pretty happy overall.

Also weights are back in my life and looks like agility and disc aren't slowing down much for winter like they usually do so that's keeping me out and moving too.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

Also weights are back in my life

IMO, that is ALWAYS a good thing!!! :)

• tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5'4", 55

11/9: 134.8
    11/28: 136 oops

@wunderkindking love your before/after! What an amazing transformation!

@k8richer your doing great! Glad you are feeling stronger!