Keto Food Logging Ratios

Options
VanCityFit
VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
What do all of you have your Fat, protein and carb ratios set at on MFP? I'm just starting back on Keto again. I've done it before and managed to lose 60lbs but I was eating extremely clean, this time I want to get a little more creative and bring in some meats that aren't as lean as chicken breasts! I'm loving all of the new Keto recipes I have found and I am excited to get started!

Please send me a friend request if you are willing!

Replies

• Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    5% Carbs
    65% Fat
    30% Protein
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My ratio is 10c/20p/70f. I'm going to lose more slowly anyway, because of PCOS, but I go with up to 10% carbs because I'm someone who needs lots of fiber. It's a way I can pay more attention to net carbs, and not have to see an overage that isn't really an overage. :smile:
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    75-20-5
    My carbs are usually over, but if it reflected net carbs, I think I'd be close.
  • VanCityFit
    Options
    5% Carbs
    65% Fat
    30% Protein

I just changed mine to reflect the same as yours.
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    5% Carbs
    65% Fat
    30% Protein

I just changed mine to reflect the same as yours.

cool :) That's 5% net carbs of course, I used http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/ to customize MFP
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I originally set mine to 65/30/5 but can't seem to get into ketosis so I switched to 75/20/5. I'm fairly new to this also. I started out with Dukan, but found the low fat and vegetable restriction too hard. I ended up barely getting in 1200 cals a day, so I switched to Keto. Having a hard time getting more fat than protein, but i'm getting better at it
  • TheNewJFR
    TheNewJFR Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine are 75fat 20pro and 5carb. However, I am close to zero carbs, so I eat those g of food in my protein making it 80/20.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate between:

65% fats, 30% Proteins, 5% carbs

and

70% fats, 25% proteins, 5% Carbs
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My macro goals for now are 70/25/5 - I track my net carbs. I do pretty good staying under 30 and most days under 25.
  • kojo86
    kojo86 Posts: 3
    Options
    My ratio is c5 p25 f70, I'm doing Carb-nite
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am 70% fat / 20% protein / 10% carbs. I need those carbs for my sanity : - )
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 70% fat / 20% protein / 10% carbs. I need those carbs for my sanity : - )

Same here. I'm usually closer to 5% net carbs, but don't worry if I'm not. So far it's working for me.
  • VanCityFit
    Options
    At the end of the day I have been coming in around 70/25/5. I woke up this morning with the metallic taste in my mouth, I will have to go get some Keto strip to see if I'm throwing any ketones yet. I've only been on a Keto diet for 3 days, so I may have to wait a bit longer.
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    I'm at 65% fat / 25% protein / 10% carbs. I go over on my fat pretty often.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I bet you are in ketosis if you have the metallic taste. It usually takes me about 3 days. Good job!
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a fat fast right now, so I'm aiming for 90% fat, 6% protein, 4% carbs. That's been a bit tough. I am thinking that after the fat fast, I will try to aim for 80% fat, 15% protein, 5% carbs. We'll have to see how that goes...