• wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    1pcb71ni33x2.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I missed yesterday. Just to busy. Anyways still fridged here with a little snow yesterday in the form of a blizzard for about an hour or so. For anyone wondering I live in Southern Ontario near Detroit Michigan. Snow only equals a dusting if that. Anyways while at the funeral home paying my respects to a family friend I got many wonderful comments from people that have known me all my life. The best part they had no clue who I was even though I was with my Mom, sister, her boyfriend and my son LoL 🤣. I do have to say that it felt great. Then this morning happened. I guess I was not as on with calories as I thought. First not positive sign was my bra was tighter. Then I got on the scale at TOPS weight recorder asked me a question about the week. Don't remember what she asked but I knew it wasn't good but I answered as honest as possible. Anyways.... Gained 3.25 lbs this week. I know there are a couple things that's not helping. But at this time I control mother so will just keep trying to do my best.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue I'm sure things are from from normal, still bringing some cheer is so much better than none, enjoy every moment you can, no one knows when it might shut down again or it it will really ever open up once again. Thanks for that song, never heard it before! Now, I don't think I'll ever forget it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 You are the 1st person I have ever heard get such a chuckle from sewing, it warms my heart to try to picture you having fun doing something that would drive some people to quit trying altogether, don't give up, you'll figure it out sooner or later. I must say even when I did quite a bit of sewing, it was never funny even though I did enjoy it.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    busy day Rose and I meaning 90% me unloaded 3 skids today. took 50 minute nap then did what had to done on computer. I did a dumb thing ordered books for Curia and forgot to put order form in envelope so I had to go back to PO fun time
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It's 30 with a high of 56 for today. Axe Sharpening: Not every meal is going to be perfect and that's okay. But what we can't do is let one bad meal or choice ruin the day ahead.~~Darryl Moore 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Brownie Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Good Morning. Let's Slay Today.~~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.~~~Paulo Coelho Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,550 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is truck unload this morning.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue - so our band and chorus have singers mask or musician masks. Singers masks somehow are like doubly thick but have a hole to allow noise to come out? We don’t love them because it’s really hard to hear. And musician masks have an extra layer so you slide the mouthpiece between. It’s odd but you can hear them. That’s great how you could support the band and that you don’t need the masks to sing in a nursing home. My daughter’s dance studio performed in nursing homes precovid. She’s hoping to go back. Such a wonderful audience.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -did you get any snow? our snow got downgraded to just from 10-11. We got 0! Not a flake. Hubby had me skip the gym-he thought it would be slippery?
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Cold day here-not much happening except mom taxi is going later. I gotta pick my daughter up from her concert dress rehearsal and the other from dance. I finished the book pachinko. 4/5 stars. Was raunchy in parts.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Storm has passed now, so we're back to our 80-83 degree weather. It's overcast, but I like it that way. The mountains are covered with snow, however, and it's beautiful at the beach :)
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day thus far. Got laundry, dishes, workouts, and some crafting done. Also went to work and scrubbed an oven for an hour. Got to love my short hours for work. Tomorrow is a busy day outside of the house unless things change. Still cold here so opted for a 45 min HIIT walk video in place of my walk.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,346 Member
    Options
    If anyone else is having trouble accessing their Home page (newsfeed, profile, mail), yet you can see this, when you are on the generic MFP page that comes on the screen when you use your normal links to try to get there (bookmark, or myfitnesspal or home at the top of this page), look for the tiny "Login" button in the top right corner. Why I can access Group pages yet not be logged in to Home makes no sense. But someone I got logged out or kicked out of the MFP Home page section. Took me awhile and multiple tries to figure out how to get back in.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,067 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Late to the party here as it was a busy day and I was tired enough to be dozing off earlier. Up a bit early to get a start on the decorating which always has me packing up things that need to be put away for a while to make room for the Christmas things. Brought most of the bins upstairs and did make some headway before having to get ready to go out to sing this afternoon. The programs went pretty well - a couple of glitches here and there but nothing too serious. We just try to have fun and the residents really did seem to enjoy the music and appreciate our visit. Retirement home audiences can be more responsive than nursing homes. @HerbsandMore - Yes we'll enjoy every visit that we can make because being shut down again is always a possibility. I'm hoping that eventually we'll be back at the nursing homes but it might not be until next fall or maybe - if we're lucky - this spring.
    It started out chilly but did warm up close to the freezing mark with a bit of light snow that was mostly melting as it fell. Decorating with the trips up and down the stairs to bring up bins of Christmas stuff and take other things downstairs, plus my singing and conducting served as my workout for today. I think I'll do more decorating tomorrow morning and finish packing up things from the family room shelves to make room for Christmas. Hopefully I can get most of it done tomorrow but I will have to stop to go out for a much-needed hair appointment to get my hair trimmed. After I get the decorating done, I can focus on baking and shopping. It's starring to feel more manageable now.
    @LindieMaeP - Beautiful sunset!
    I'd best head to bed - although I did nap earlier as I was tired tonight - lots of being on my feet today!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It's 52 feels like 47 with a high of 67 for today. Axe Sharpening: Time goes SO fast, Cherish each and every moment.~~Laura Novotny 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy International Anti-Corruption Day!!! Fitness quote for today: Work out. Eat well. Be patient. Your body will reward you.~~~unknown Motivational quote for today: Remember to always congratulate yourself for the small wins, too.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,171 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is Every 2 min X18 min (9 sets) followed by 5 sets X3 min AMRAP to finish up after work this afternoon.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    Good morning! We got a bit of snow here last night
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    kxbcm6i1o5qm.jpg
  • SusanM18MFP
    SusanM18MFP Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Rainy day here is So. Cal. Glad to see it, we need the rain. I hope it's dumping a good load of snow in the mountains too.
    I have a day off from work tomorrow and hope to finish the remainder of the Christmas shopping, get some packages into the mail and maybe even put some ornaments on the naked tree in my living room.
    Hope your day is going well.
  • visual_echo
    visual_echo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We've been getting little dustings of snow here and there, the most we've had so far is 5cm. The kids are anxiously awaiting a huge dumping of snow, though there's none predicted yet. (You can tell they're too young to drive, eh?) The sky was clear and sunny this morning, but it's overcast now and threatening some flakes.

I've gotten most of my Christmas shopping done, but I'm also one of those weirdos who starts early, so it's not all one big hit to the wallet at one time. Our tree is up, and we're mostly ready to go.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another busy day and this busy day thing doesn't seem like it will slow down much before Christmas. I have decided that I am not going to stress about what workouts I am missing. On my non busy days I will just do my best to do what I can to make up some exercise. I have also decided that I am going to do my best with calories and not stress about them. I usually do really well during December but this year just seems to be extra busy and less time for my workouts.