Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,125 Member
    Options
    @cormierannie,,, Awwww hope you enjoyed the rain despite the rain. If it's a warmer rain to me, that's really cool. If I'm out and it starts to POUR AND POUR WELL I am STILL a kid at heart!! You WILL hear some giggling. Great job getting some errands done.
    @B
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a more relaxed day. I got a little bit of movement in, did some Christmas crafting, and worked for an hour at a friend's washing walls. Plan to keep working on my crafts as time is quickly running out.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Bookienj,,,, LOL I had to reboot. Must of been some nice to have the help, though yeah it didn't help a whole lot with the 2.5 hours. Glad you can do more tomorrow. I think it's so AWESOME how much you can carry!! I think it'd be so much FUN to see others faces. WOOOHOO YOU ROCK!! OH WE GUARANTEE you ALL Of us have done the lost my purse, or phone AND KEYS and have FLIPPED OUT!!! Last night I looked for OVER 10 mins for my phone (LOL FOR ONCE it was not up to my ear when I couldn't find it! LOL) and though I wasn't flipping (this time) I was still "oh come on! It can't walk out of here on it's own." Its a SMART PHONE, but not a RUNNING phone,, LOL maybe someday they'll make these to recognize our voice when we say a key phrase? HEY COOL idea!! We'd find them this way.
    TY TY on the appointment, actually today, but I am not pleased with it, was moved TIL MARCH!! YO!! Its to help with basal cell cancer, it suddenly popped up so fast ,, hopefully with the biopsy they got the worse of it. Covid.
    @Cseguin2,,, WOOHOO hope you counted that wall washing as exercise!! OH My that's HARD WORK!!! Glad you got to relax more so. That's ALWAYS great!! Love crafting!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,429 Member
    Options
    A nice relaxing evening is what I am looking forward to and if I see one more dish that I need to wash, I am going to ignore it till tomorrow LOL Kitchen is now cleaned up and closed for the night. Well at least until the son gets home. He may decide to do some cooking of his own.
    @CSEGUIN2 glad you were able to help your friend with washing walls, I hope you put that time into the exercise tracker as any movement burns calories and if it is not normal movement it counts as exercise, at least to me! I know all the places you mentioned and I myself was born in Essex County, lived a few years in Harrow moved to Colchester Beach and lived there for a few years, also lived in Ruthvan, Leamington, as well as Amherstburg, and Windsor. However, I have actually lived in Vancouver BC longer then I lived in Essex County ! I till have family there - in Amherstburg. YUP a nice small world indeed ! I used to be a Detroit Red Wings Fan and still have my jersy !! Course these days I do little hockey watching. I also used to send my brother a Timmies card with the Cannucks logo on it just to tease lol and loaded it wiht a couple of bucks so he'd have to show it ahaha my bad.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I prefer it when my computer does a reboot in the mornings - but sometimes it happens later. Glad you were able to get back on - OH NO to the appointment being changed - that is not good right ! Our poor health care workers are just burning out left and centre from this pandemic, I don't know how they can do 13, 14 hours shifts, my son did that working security and it ruined his health, so he states - and my goodness who does not need time to regenerate and recharge their batteries. I know here in Canada they tend to flood the market with medical staff and then there's drought. Hopefully no one is too discouraged to go into nursing or other parts of the medical field for now anyway. Are you registered with a Cancer Society there that can assist you with these things ? I know here a couple of friends are registered with the Cancer Society here in Vancouver and they get excellent service from them, and support as well.
    @cormierannie I hope you enjoyed walking in the rain, did you hum that song ? LOl Oh wait that was 🎵🎵Singing in the ☂️🎵🎵!! I once watched Kurt Browning - ice skater do a skating routine to that song, loved it. Hope your enjoying your evening !
    @bookieNJ did you find your wallet? or your purse, I always keep mine on me but the other day in the car, my purse when flying and everything came out, I had to scramble to make sure I did not miss anything,then in the morning, I had a horrible thought that I lost my bank card but found it in my purse safe and sound. Hope you found your purse too - I've had my moments when I could blush a trucker but those days is long gone !
    Well I have some things to do and want to enjoy some music, hello, good evening to everyone not personally addressed. These pages go a little different then spark but I do have two windows or tabs open when doing posts, try not to miss anything. Cheers !!
    nwrabsxz2gcs.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, WOOHOO on the closed kitchen!! I have my computer set to update at 3 AM. LOL Its so rare I am on at 3 AM. Though the ORANGE light ,, LOL I just want to update when I see it! LOLOLOL personality AAA+++. I'm actually surprised by the amount of people going into health care. They did a few years ago for the money, but now they are going in ,,, so many in our area, because they want to help. They'll make excellent care givers, if they do not burn out. I am sure the burn out rate is quite high. We have a few medical schools around here, they are full. NICE to see that!! I've not registered with the Cancer Society, things are just so backed upped especially since my Dr's office, though a satellite office, is a part of the hospital system. Thankfully the skin cancer isn't deadly ,,, except for those who wait to long to be seen and it goes into the organs. My Dad was one of those, but us kids KNOW to be watched carefully. Well 3 of us do anyways, one brother and I are so very very white. OH MAN when I think I've lost a bank card, etc. its FREAKY!!! SO FREAKY!! But, yet I am so careful, it's usually that I've used it here in my place. LOL Though it's still scary. GLAD you found it. LOLOLOL On the swimming puppy!
    bzal4zcj0zjc.gif

Headed over to the PS4L (Positively Strong 4 Life) team to catch up and than TADA!! BEDTIME!! OH I LOVE BEDTIME!!!
  • MidlifeCrisis78
    MidlifeCrisis78 Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!

a6t4hq1zepyj.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice day today.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It's 36 feels like 30 with a high of 54 for today. Axe Sharpening: Take inventory. Are you better today than you were a year ago? If so, why? If not, why? The answer to both is action…either taking it or lacking it.~~~Don Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Chocolate-Covered Anything Day!!! Fitness quote for today: We all have busy lives, it's not about having time, it's about making time.~~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Stop and look around. Appreciate the moments you can have today, because tomorrow they'll be gone.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,230 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is Strength then 12 min AMRAP to finish.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    8wvqzbg60qlu.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another more relaxed day. I always track my cleaning when I do a lot of it. Walked to and from the grocery store and forgot one item as I forgot to put it on the list. Will grab it on the way home from work if I have time. Also played cards and working on my crafting. Did some dishes hoping to get them caught up tonight. If I keep them caught up then the rule is you wash your own dishes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Got my booster shot today as they dropped the age limit and the wait time since last shot. So glad I was able to get it before Christmas as I have a couple family members who are unvaccinated for various reasons.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good afternoon folks, I am about to dissappear into the kitchen to grill some meat - hopefully I will reappear at some point. It's a beautiful looking day out here, but boy is that deceiving - went out and the wind was blowing, hand freezing ( didn't wear gloves ) and ears were cole. course on the way home from safeway, I work up a sweat !!! DUH!! always happens.
    @CSEGUIN2 glad you were able to get your booster, here in BC they are doing by age and have to be 6 months since last shot so for me that will be next month. I am in no hurry as I do not expect no company here anyway. I also have friends who can not get vacinated, and I worry about them because of it. Hope you have a nice evening eh
    @wallahalla - ok that was too funny eh - I chuckled out loud at cookie monster being the killer !
    @SparkRefugee thanks, hope you too are having a good day, are you settling into this site ok?
    All right - off to get lost in the world of grilling ... later all !
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,073 Member
    Options
    @SusanM18MFP - Those are cute ornaments! I'm sure you'll be ready for that time off!

Been busy and tired - at least until today - think I finally got caught up on some sleep as I kept falling asleep during the evening last night. Of course I couldn't get to sleep when I finally did wake up enough to go to bed - at least not until I got up, had some tea and read for a while. Then I did sleep well again. I was able to get out to finish my shopping today - only needed a couple of hours to pick up stocking stuffers for hubby, a couple more items for our son and SIL and my daughter's gift. It helps when I mainly know what I'm looking for. Also an anniversary card for hubby as our anniversary is a week from today. We'll probably be doing Christmas that day though! At least I know we'll be doing dinner as we'll be at our daughter's and that's when she's off. She has to work the 24th and 25th.
    Singing went well enough yesterday even with some people missing and a substitute pianist. A few rough patches but it seemed to be enjoyed by our audience so that's what is important.
    My pianist called me today and she is doing well and not in too much pain after falling and cracking her pelvis on Friday. I must get an email out to my group to update them.
    Hubby seems to be back to normal after his procedure the other day so that's good. My Santa bags are ready to be filled - all the stuff is sorted and sitting on the four corners of my dining room table. I'll finish baking over the next few days and get the gifts wrapped up. There'll be enough to do each day but it shouldn't be too crazy.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That's a lot of appointments in a short period of time but wise to get it done if you won't be able to drive too much after the cataract removal. We may try to squeeze in a booster shot now that we can get one but no doctor appointments for me at all and maybe one or two for hubby in the new year.

Have a good evening.
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    It's finally here, but this semi-retiree is working 3 hours on Saturday. Everyone else please have a great weekend.
    qpf2228n5b5f.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @SparkRefugee ,, Hey Emily WB to the 5%!! SO GOOD to see you!!! GOOD Day to ya gf!!
    @wallahalla ,,, LOL I've ALWAYS LOVED Cookie Monster!! I have a sweatshirt with him on it, I NEVER give that away!! It came to CO with me when I moved there and came back home to Maine too!
    @Cseguin2,,,, Hate it when I forget something, but I only 3 mins, well with me, 4 mins. Love playing cards. I keep my dishes up though I may not want to. Tonight I cooked so there were quite a few. If you'd like I'll pass you a few? LOL
    @Lindiemaep,, BRRRR BRRR I LOVED your sunset!! SO PRETTY!! So funny how walking warms us up so much. Back when I used my power chair (Gave it AWAY so happily!) I was so much more colder than anyone who went with me "on a walk" well they walked. I'm so sorry to hear that you all in Canada aren't able to be vaccinated with the booster yet. Here in the US anyone age 5 and up who've had their first 2 can if enough time has passed by. I am kinda hoping the pill they're working on will help us out so much.
    @Retired_Sue,,,, Last night I didn't sleep,,,,,, but did some between 8:30 and 11 when a phone call awoke me. Tonight oh there's NO DOUBT I'll seep. LOL soon. EARLY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Glad Hubby is okay, back to himself. Hmmm ending with another appointment. And a few more in Jan, and yet there's nothing really wrong. Time for me to JUMP OFF the appointment train!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    wzz42g9r9mne.jpg
    You might as well get used to pics like these as I just love sunsets and sunrises but my apartment faces west not east and I did not have to go out for this !! Stayed in my shortz lol😁
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I had to go mail a card today and I had to walk in the wind, man it was c-c-cold, almost Ontario cold ! but on the way back, I was walking with the wind so did not feel it as much. Once I got home, I changed out of long pants into shorts - I wear them all the time as my apartment is so hot, its like summer time in here LOL Here we do boosters by age and by how weak a person's immune system is, so Gene was able to get his b/c of his MS - they already have him as high risk. I had my last shot almost 6 months ago and I am waiting for the email to tell me to book - but in January it opens up to everyone and I am in NO hurry as I only go to grocery stores and 1 or 2 restaurants maybe which requires me to be vacinated and show proof, but I mask up every where, even if I run into people on the street if there is more then one person the mask goes up ! I have been watching the information on the pill they are developing as this might turn out to be a yearly thing like flu shots !
    @Retired_Sue won't it be nice not to have any appointments and such for a while ? Glad you were able to get bck to sleep after a tea and a read, sometimes I wake up at 2:00 and canna get bck to sleep till 4 and of course b/c son works, I try to just stay in bed and not toss and turn too much. Glad your DH is feeling better after his procedure, was that a colonoscopy ? For some folks it can be brutal.
    @Golfma4 yup looking forward to the weekend, they say SNOW - I know ... 4 letter word !!! BUT we seldom get it so I doubt it will stick if it does snow here this weekend. Hope you enjoy your weekend. On a golfing note - I have a friend who's dog's name is BUNKER LOL
    Ok off to check on my other team and see what's up, HAGE !!! ( have a good evening )
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It's 45 feels like 41 with a high of 56 for today and chances of rain this afternoon. Axe Sharpening: Invest in the right habits that will build the right mindset so you can finally stop starting over every new year.~~~Laurin Conlin 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Happy National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Focus on how far you have progressed not how far you still have to go.~~~changeinseconds.co Motivational quote for today: Don't sit around waiting for the perfect moment to happen. Take this moment and make it perfect.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 10,265 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is truck unload this morning.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny and windy day here today! my daughter will be off for christmas break after today. she is really looking forward to it. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i feel great! i have been for a long walk and i feel so refreshed. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i enjoy dancing so much that i make time every day to just dance. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I also face west, and well also north, but yes the sunsets can be so AMAZING!! LOL I agree stay in comfortable clothing!!
    @Cormierannie ,,,, HAPPY Friday. Hope the wind isn't as severe as many places. My brother lives in Kansas thankfully they are okay a neighbor has some damage. WOOHOO on the walking and dancing!!!

We went out today for a walk in 2 stores. I LOVE it when it's on the chiller side, but my friend does NOT! LOL if it's under 75 she's cold, and that's okay. I used to be also so I easily relate. We did 20 mins in one store and 30 in the other. I bought a fire extinguisher that's small and easy to use. Good for stove fires and others, so I am pretty happy with that!! I HOPE TO NEVER USE it!!! I have it in the kitchen, but we wanted it for camping. Such a small spark can do so much damage!!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,642 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx-yup last night I got 3 more hours cutting ribbon and stuffing programs. I will be helping a lot tomorrow and Sunday so I should be good to go.
    Thx for the chuckle about losing a purse or whatever. I try to leave my keys in my purse but usually they end up in a jacket pocket.
    @LindieMaeP - yup I found it! I put it in my my dash pocket and then forget to check there