Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
edited November 2021 in Social Groups
Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name?

How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

Anything else you would like to share?

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Yes. 13 years. KALISWALKER

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 49 Challenges!

What do you like to do for fun? RV camping, hiking, playing cards, karaoke, a bit of pickleball

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose 5% of my starting weight

Anything else you would like to share? I look forward to see old friends and make new friends too.
  • jmcade01
    jmcade01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes, for many challenges I started in 2009. JMCADE was my sparkname.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can keep track of. At least as long as the old Casual Travelers started.

What do you like to do for fun? Activities with my grands, read and liostgen to audio books

What major city do you live in or near? State? Houston, Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get me eating habits back in control

• slstrake1975
    slstrake1975 Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I was a member of SparkPeople since 2009 and my name was slbrooks3.

Not sure but it has been about 2 years.

Read, journal, watch some TV while I exercise; kills two birds with one stone!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Owego, New York

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Just to be able to keep exercising.

Anything else you would like to share? I am busy looking for a new job! Wish me luck! :)
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Several times under a multitude of names

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several some more successful than others

What do you like to do for fun? Not much opportunity for fun these days while covid keeps kicking in

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edinburgh Scotland

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Need to kick *kitten* and stop being a misery

Anything else you would like to share? I’m just a gal who can’t say no if it’s candy or cookies
  • franniedid
    franniedid Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? I was a member of SparkPeople for 14 years. My name was franniedid.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? my first one was here for autumn

What do you like to do for fun? I like to read, craft, play computer games, garden, I have a jungle of house plants.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live right outside of Chicago IL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I just want to get more fit and bring my blood sugar down.

Anything else you would like to share? I have a sweet tooth but I like salty just as much!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,197 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes for many years and I was macratdoll

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've done too many that I can't remember

What do you like to do for fun? Read and workout mostly the gym is my happy place

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in Kansas and the biggest city around me is Joplin Missouri where they had the 2011 tornado

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Finally reach my 5% goal and complete another phase of 75 Hard program by Andy Frisella

Anything else you would like to share? I'm a member of 1st Phorm App and love their live streams as well as Real AF with Andy Frisella. Andy's podcasts are good but you have to like foul language or not mind it to really enjoy the podcast.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes! I think it was 9 lol can't remember. My spark name was the same as here CSEGUIN2

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several on Sparks and 1 on MFP

What do you like to do for fun? I love to go for a walk, craft, and read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Windsor Ontario Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goal is to reach Maintenance if not there by start of challenge. My fitness goals are to just keep getting stronger.

Anything else you would like to share? I live with my Hubby and dog Trigger. I have a soon to be 21 year old son who lives with my sister and her husband. I have been part of the TOPS family for 3 years and enjoy all the support and encouragement I receive there as well.
  • MCTortoise
    MCTortoise Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? I joined SP in 2011, under the name GLASSART43.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I believe I just finished my third.

What do you like to do for fun? Travel in our RV, hike, read, enjoy family

What major city do you live in or near? State? South of San Jose, CA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain daily healthy tracking and exercise habits; I’m very close to goal weight and would like to reach that goal as I learn to maintain.
  • Stargzer5
    Stargzer5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Off and on since 2011. My last SP name was Stargzer.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I did one with the Awesome A's (I think that was the name at the time) but it's been a long time ago.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to hike, paint (on rocks and hide them), read.

What major city do you live in or near? The biggest city close to me is Asheville. State? NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'd like to lose weight by losing my poor habits and tone up. I'd also like to start a lifting (weights) program this winter.

Anything else you would like to share? Happy to have found this group!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Catwmncat on SP active daily from Sept 2019-Aug2021

4 plus 3 In-betweens

Eat... I always like to eat! I like to cook and try new recipes also.

Tampa, Fl

Continue living a healthy lifestyle and remain in maintenance range 134-138lbs

This is going to be the best 5% Challenge yet!
    prrsvy82398j.jpg
  • rockycatsmamma
    rockycatsmamma Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? Yes, for 13 years or so. What was your Spark name? rockycatsmamma

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Oodles, I don't always lose but I always have fun

What do you like to do for fun? hike, read, play video/tabletop games, puzzles

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in NJ and closer to NYC than Philly

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Increase endurance, continue weight lifting progress

• hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,191 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Yes. Since August/September, 2008 ~ so around 13 years.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not exactly sure of the number (I really do wish I knew). However, since @kaliswalker says she has done 49, I'm going to say about 45. There were a few that I sat out but not many...

What do you like to do for fun? I love theatre ~ especially musical theatre. I love performing, I love being an audience member. Actually, yesterday (11/20/21) I went with a group to Broadway in NYC to see the FABULOUS musical 'Come From Away'.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in the western part of NJ, very close to PA.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continuing the journey; enjoying the ride (even if it becomes a little difficult at times).

Anything else you would like to share? I'm one of the Overall Challenge Leaders along with an amazing group of women who have worked very hard to bring you these Challenges. My co-leaders for the 2021 Fall 5% Challenge and beyond: Lynn (@kaliswalker), Joanne (@jmcade01), Ceri (@Ceriusly1), Diane (@Dianedoessmiles1), and Barb (@ladyluk1) ~ I am honored to be a part of this dynamic team and happy to be working with them and learning from them. I'll echo what Ceriusly1 said: it is a privilege to be a Co-Leader of this challenge. I'm also hoping to be able to reconnect with my new team: The Red Hot Chili Steppers and connecting once again with some old friends from my beloved @Firecrackers from SparkPeople as well as some other teams that I recently had the privilege to lead: @Shooting Stars and @Awesome A Team (among others).
  • peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? - Yes, I was Kayelene on SP and CL of the Cloverleafs team. I was a spark member for 15 years.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? - Too many to remember. When I first started I was a Cat, so that's a long time ago.

What do you like to do for fun? - Read, walking, knitting, crocheting.

What major city do you live in or near? - State? Perth in Western Australia

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? - To drink more water, to exercise more especially weights. For my clothes to fit better and to reach my 5% goal.

Anything else you would like to share? - Its going to be summer for me as I'm Southern Hemisphere. some of our temperatures can reach as much as 47C (116F) but mostly stay around the 100F mark, so the need to drink more water is vital. I have a variety of Australian birds as pets. I work with 5 year old children. I'd like to thank the OAL's and leaders who made the first challenge on MFP a great success.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years?
    Yes, all together about 8 yrs. I stopped using it for a time then returned

I think 4 or 5 On the Awesome A Sparks team now on Slimpossible

Read, walk, swim, cycling, tabletop games, word puzzles, outings with family or friends, trying new things,

Between Ottawa & Montreal, Canada

Continue losing weight till I reach my goal, by doing all the things I have learned with the help of this awesome group.

That this works, I reached my goal once before than stopped tracking & regained most of what I loss, that won't happen again.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,581 Member
    Options
    Yes I was a member of spark people. I think 2-3 years where I was on multiple times a day. I was mary phone.
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Hmmm like 7-10? I don't really remember. I was on leadership for a while and then not.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play games on phone, walk, exercise, walk with friends, hang with family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? NW NJ. I am an hour from NYC.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to get the scale in the right direction and get control of my eating again.

• Judy1676
    Judy1676 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I was for around 15 plus years and my spark name was judy1676

I enjoy traveling, especially to Mexico where I study Spanish. Because of COVID, missed last year and hope things are better by next year so I can go again! I have a 5th wheel and enjoy camping, and also enjoy my volunteer work. I also enjoy playing games on my iPad and cuddling with my chocolate toy poodle Benji!

I live in Sioux City, Iowa where Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota meet.

I lost weight this last challenge but didn’t make my 5% goal. Hopefully I can in the winter challeng.

I hope to learn more about getting around on this site!