Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• DRC200971
    DRC200971 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name?
    I was a member of SparkPeople for 12 years. DRC2009

How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Many don't know the actual number.

What do you like to do for fun?
    I like to travel. Just back from a trip to Branson, MO. My wife and I like to attend local plays and musical performances.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    I live in a small rural town, north of Peoria, IL (30 miles) or south of Chicago (100 miles).

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    I typically meet the exercise goals but fall short on the 5% weight loss. My concentration will be on the 5% weight loss.

Anything else you would like to share?
    Thank you to our leaders for facilitating a positive experience during our challenges.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Yes, for over a decade, but can't remember exactly. I was KAIMANA927.

This will be my 20th Challenge

Garden with my orchids, Bonsai, write, read, travel (when COVID finishes)

I live in Hawaii on the Big Island (not the same island as Honolulu, which is on Oahu, the biggest city near me)

Maintain weight loss and continue strengthening my leg to walk

On Sept. 1, I retired as a prof for the UH system and I'm a retired UMC pastor. I'm Support Chaplain for Coast Guard (both active duty and auxiliary).
  • francescopelandlucas
    Options
    Yes, quite a while, SugarPie33 I think.

This will be my 5th Challenge

Write, read, walk, play with grands

Birmingham, Alabama

Stay healthy by walking more and eating right.

Enjoy the challenges and trying to get used to MFP which is another challenge in itself.
  • CodeMauler
    CodeMauler Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    - Yes, I was a member for at least 13 years (maybe more). I was CodeMauler there, too.

- Just one; I was injured midway, so it wasn't as successful as I had hoped.

- Knit, read, play/cuddle with my cats, play online games

- Minneapolis, MN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    - Stay healthy! I'm working worth a trainer to gain strength and want to continue making progress.

- I'm pretty new here and would love to make friends. We can support and succeed together!
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes 3 + years the last time. 10 years prior for 1 + year. Legendis

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Estimating 15+

What do you like to do for fun? Read, hike, bowling

What major city do you live in or near? State? South of Columbus OH

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get closer to my goal weight which is 11 lbs to go

Anything else you would like to share? Currently homeless living in with my brother & SIL until new furnace is delivered to the new rental. Take care of my elderly mother. Retired police dispatcher and retired 911 operator
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,442 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes, member 7 years and my spark name was Kurtzie 1998.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember started tjem in 2015

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play computer games, go out to lunch with friends, and family reunions or get togethers

What major city do you live in or near? State? We just moved to Brownsboro TX from Florence OR

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Right now not own place yet,hopefully soon. I am working on just staying on track with eating and exercise so far not doing so well.

Anything else you would like to share? I am hoping to find another red hat group here that isn't too far. We are in a very rural area, in fact no internet has to be satelite and still looking for a good one. Using hot spots. Reminds me when computers first became availbe to public and how slow at times they were. I enjoy church activites and being with friends and enjoying a meal or just getting together for coffee.
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? Yes How many years? 10+ years What was your Spark name? HealthyBarb1

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 20+

What do you like to do for fun? Go to the ocean & spend time with hubby & family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Seattle, Washington

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To feel better from digestive issue & have enough energy to increase exercise again.

Anything else you would like to share? I have been very sick for the last year with digestive issue of unknown cause. I just want to feel better. My teammates support through this time has encouraged me. I love to walk by the water & hoping to feel normal again soon.

• Sp33dy143
    Sp33dy143 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I was a member of SparkPeople for 11+ years. SPEEDY143

Years worth as a member of The Teddy Bears.

Camp, host backyard pool & BBQ parties for the family, support the grandchildren in all their sports/school/church/scouting adventures.

I live in a small coastal town in Orange County (Southern California) just south of Los Angeles and 100 miles north of San Diego.

To become more fit so I can exercise more and continue to eat healthy. I have a lot of joint issues and painful knees/hip/back issues.

I miss Sparkpeople and have had a hard time really getting into the personal interaction between other members.
    I would like to thank our leaders for working so very hard to make MFP experience as pleasant as possible... my hat's off to all of you =]
  • visual_echo
    visual_echo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was a member of SparkPeople from 2006 until the end last summer. My Spark name was RabbitOlm.

Lots? I'm really not sure. I did a bunch of them, then took a fairly long hiatus, and came back in time for what turned out to be the last one. I was always on the Spirited Under Dawgs team.

Walks with my family (hubby, 8yo, 4yo, and our new pooch), jogging, yoga, judo, gardening (indoor and out), reading, video games

I live in Ottawa, Canada.

Get the scale to budge! Improve my muscle / agility now that I'm back in judo. Improve my snacking habits.

I'm looking forward to the next challenge!
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I was a member of SparkPeople for many years. My Spark name was Btrflydog.

I never did one on SparkPeople. The Fall Challenge here was my 1st.

Hiking, walking my dog, gardening, reading, cooking

I live in Phoenix, AZ.

Loose the weight and keep it off this time, lower cholesterol, blood pressure

I'm looking forward to the next challenge!
  • GeocacherLosingIt
    GeocacherLosingIt Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Yes, off and on. I participated in some of the Wii groups, but not BLC.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? none

What do you like to do for fun? my main hobby is Geocaching

What major city do you live in or near? State? Baltimore/DC metro

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? get into a healthy sleep structure/continue my weight loss

Anything else you would like to share? I was losing weight well and had lost about 90 lbs, then I got bit by a tick. I had a couple bouts of hives over the next few weeks and then ended up in the ER by ambulance with anaphylaxis and was diagnosed with Alpha-gal syndrome, which causes a mammal allergy that is very life disruptive. Now I have to avoid mammalian meat, dairy, food additives (it's in EVERYTHING), had to change all my cleaning products, personal care products (even TP has mammal), and can't eat in restaurants or get too close to anyone grilling meat. Needless to say it's been life changing, and I had to ditch the weight loss program I was on because almost everything contained meat or dairy. It took me a few months to figure things out and I gained some weight in the meantime. I've gotten almost back to where I was and look forward to crossing the 100 lb mark during this challenge.

Thanks for putting this together to keep us motivated!

Peggy
  • bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? Yes
    How many years? 10-11

What was your Spark name? bbonet

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I can't remember but all except for my first few months

What do you like to do for fun? Get together with friends, read, exercise, waiting for my pool to be completed

What major city do you live in or near? Orlando or Daytona State? Central Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To stay as active and continue my routine not that I have time.

Anything else you would like to share? Going through a rough time with family issues
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes. Many years. AlthleteLori

I started several but usually quit.

Play Pokemon Go

near Chicago, IL

Be able to walk a 5K.

I have a pattern of losing focus and then quitting challenges. This needs to stop. I want to be disciplined and set myself up for success for the next challenge.
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Yes. For quite a few years. Same name here as on Spark.

Quite a few.

Reading, Gardening, Fishing, Hiking

Halfway between Philadelphia and Washington DC.

Goals .. lose 10 more pounds. Steps - Sticking to calorie levels every day. Cardio Daily, Yoga 3xs a week.
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes. I joined SP in 2010. My most recent SP was MondayLins

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I participated in the 2021 Spring 5% Challenge.

What do you like to do for for fun? Line Dance, Sew, Crochet, Red Hatters, spend time with friends. I love to cook, too, which is sometimes my down fall.

What major city do you live in or near? State? FL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to get down to my goal weight (losing 5-7 lbs) and maintain it.

Anything else you would like to share? Kindness and positive thinking are something in the forefront of my mind. Always.
  • sewingmama17
    sewingmama17 Posts: 1,633 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? Yes
    How many years? 12 years
    What was your Spark name? Sewingmamacds

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think the MFP Fall 5% was my 44th or 45th. I was on the Cloverleaf team all of the challenges on SP

What do you like to do for fun? sew/quilt :) , reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? Denver, Colorado

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 5%

Anything else you would like to share? I will be having shoulder surgery the first week of the challenge
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,303 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Oops. Sorry. Was thinking I was in chat when I replied. Will contact her by MFP Mail.
  • NoelAnnne
    NoelAnnne Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? Yes How many years? a lot i can't remember What was your Spark name? NoelAnn

How many 5% Challenges have you done? a few but not that well life seemed to get in the way but since everything's been canceled for the nezt month or so that should not be a problem!

What do you like to do for fun? Sing, teach, play with my maltese dog and cat. watch doctor who, star trek, DC and Marvel movies, volunteer at a grocery program and church

What major city do you live in or near? State? PHILLY BABY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? 5% loss and consistent walking.

Anything else you would like to share? Breathing deeply. One literal and figurative step at a time.

So glad I found you all it was always so comforting to see so many people banding together to help eachother, you are all amazing.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? Yes How many years? About 15 What was your Spark name? Ejoy-Evelyn

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Losing track, but think it's close to 45

What do you like to do for fun? Dinner theatres, movie night, small church groups, newspapers and newscasts

What major city do you live in or near? Northern Wisconsin, SW Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Be mindful, lose 2-3% per challenge (about a half pound per week)

Anything else you would like to share? Small groups are an incredible way to keep in touch with God's family and share our goals. Prayer Shawl , Bible Study, and Prayer group monthly, and a stitcher's (knitting, crocheting, etc) group on Monday afternoons.
  • dianetucker1
    dianetucker1 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? 4everdieter. 10 years?

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Think this will be 6

What do you like to do for fun? Gather with friends! Read, walk, swim, and my all time favorite is playing with the grandkids!

What major city do you live in or near? State? St Louis but live in Southern Illinois

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Need to weight train and lose 15 pounds

Anything else you would like to share? Love UK basketball. I bleed blue!