Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name?
    I was a member of SP for over well 10 years, always as Wallahalla

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure, but I'd guess around 40

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy audio books, walking outdoors, yardwork, watching movies, playing on my computer, and playing games.

What major city do you live in or near? State? The state of Chaos

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Building strength and stamina

Anything else you would like to share? I'm recovering from multiple surgeries that I've had over the last couple of years, so it is slow going. I really need a different hobby/collection.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    I was a member of SP for 2 years as Grandmother20

How many 5% Challenges have you done? about 8-9

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy reading, walking outdoors, exercising, crocheting, doing puzzles, playing games, cooking and baking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? New Jersey just outside of New Brunswick and Edison

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintaining my weight, increasing my strength and eating healthy.

Anything else you would like to share? I have 1 grandson and 2 more grandchildren on the way both due this week.
  • Kristop9050
    Kristop9050 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes, joined 11-3-2010 as Sparkled 146

How many 5% Challenges have you done? So many that I've lost count, first challenge was Fall 2013.

What do you like to do for fun? walk, games, visit with friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm about 60 miles from Minneapolis, MN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue with the downward trend, stay consistent with strength training

Anything else you would like to share?
  • gloriawrightcook
    gloriawrightcook Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? I can’t remember exactly but it was 2007? 2008? Or thereabouts when I got on SP. My Spark name was gloriamajdi

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think I might have once done one on SP, I remember this but honestly I can’t say for sure! And the autumn one we just finished, which was truly awesome!

What do you like to do for fun? Reading, crafts of various sorts, running

What major city do you live in or near? State? Nashville, Tennessee

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue with structured exercise - including strength training and yoga. Build muscle and lose fat.

Anything else you would like to share? I so appreciated the opportunity to do the previous challenge! I know it’s a lot of work for the leaders. I got so much out of it and I really enjoyed getting to know everyone!
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 875 Member
    Options

Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes, I was a member from August, 2011. My Spark name was GOLFGMA but on MFP it s Golfma4

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several, most on Teddy Bear team

What do you like to do for fun? Golf, Reading, Card games - love Canasta,

What major city do you live in or near? State? North Carolina near Winston Salem

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to continue reaching 10,000 steps daily and use exercise videos to stay healthier and lose or maintain weight I have lost.

Anything else you would like to share? I enjoyed Spark and felt motivated there. I am trying to find my way around here but feel I am not doing very well.

• Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,620 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of Spark People? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes I was a member. Joined in 2008. My spark name was Grannysue9.

How many 5% challenges have you done? I started in 2013 with the SUDS team.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to read, play my games and hike in the woods.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Memphis, TN

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to reach my 5% goal weight as I did during the Fall 5% Challenge.

Anything else you would like to share? I enjoyed Spark People and my time spent there. This new site is a challenge but I have enjoyed finding my way around here. I'm sure I still have a lot to learn, but I enjoy a new adventure.
  • manniecat
    manniecat Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes. I joined Spark around 2012. Bonnie1552

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Didn't keep count, but would say about 20 or so

What do you like to do for fun? zumba, watch kdramas, play cards with group of friends, follow BTS

What major city do you live in or near? State? just southwest of Atlanta, Georgia

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue slow drift downward towards goal

Anything else you would like to share? I'm so happy that we transferred here and made it happen!
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes, for over 15 years, the same as here - TEXASTITCHER

How many 5% Challenges have you done? over 10 years

What do you like to do for fun? reading and stitching

What major city do you live in or near? State? Dallas Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To keep up my healthy eating and adjust my eating to lose

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,009 Member
    Options

I joined SP in September 2010 but was only consistently on the site from January 2016 until it shut down. I was RETIREDSUE.

How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    I've just completed #22 - have done them consistently since the spring of 2016 aside from one, 5 as an EL and two now as CL

What do you like to do for fun?
    I've just been able to return to singing and conducting a small choir that visits - at the moment - 2 retirement homes each month. Hoping we can eventually add in the other 3 homes we used to visit. I have done a lot of knitting - not so much the past year or so, playing computer games, reading and being with family and friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State?

I live in a small city just over an hour north of Toronto Ontario Canada.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

I need to get back to my maintenance range - lots of stress during the fall and a few pounds came back so I need to develop the consistency I need again to get rid of those 5 pounds and maybe drop a couple more.

I had a fabulous team for our first challenge here on MFP so thanks to them and my leadership team for all their all their hard work and commitment to learning how to do our challenges here on MFP.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,167 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ~ I am another implant from Spark People. I was a member for over 12 years and my SP name was Yiche12.

~ I have not kept track of the number. All I know is that I have many for many years.

~ I love to dance -- put on the music and I am off! Also, I enjoy walking, reading, creating, learning new things, etc. Too many to post really.

~ I live in the suburbs of Ottawa (capital of Canada), in Ontario.

~ Lose the weight that I have put on since arriving in Canada. I am not doing very well in that domain but that will not stop me from trying.

~ I am fully bilingual in both French and English (written, oral, reading) and also am learning Spanish which is a language that I have always wanted to learn.
  • mcollins102
    mcollins102 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ~ Yes I was on SP from March of 2010 until the end. Just over 11 years. My Spark name was Missy455.

~ I joined my first challenge in 2010 and was consistent for several years, then took a break for a few years. I think at least 20 but I lost count!

~ I read a lot, walk, hike, spend time with friends shopping, eating lunch and wine tasting.

~ I live in the foothills outside Boise, Idaho. In a Firewise, Night Sky community that is surrounded by 100 miles of walking trails, it's also a major migration area for elk and deer.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    ~ i want to get to either water aerobics or yoga 5 days a week, and start walking with my DH again at least 3 days a week. I would also like to actually lose 5% of my weight this time.
  • jeanrichter320
    jeanrichter320 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I was on SP for 13 years - my Spark name was cyberqueer.

Several years' worth.

Gardening (especially iris and succulents), listening to and playing music.

I live on an island in San Francisco Bay (Alameda) in California.

Not backsliding - the cold months are always difficult for me.

Fun fact: I'm a professional harpsichord tuner :)
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? Yes
    How many years? 9
    What was your Spark name? aalley2

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Around 10

What do you like to do for fun? Get together with friends, make all occasion cards, knit, crochet, music and dancing

What major city do you live in or near? Sarasota
    State? SW Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To stay as active as possible and not get sick

Anything else you would like to share? The holidays are very difficult at times, I'm working through it.
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes, I was active on SparkPeople from 2017 until the closure. I was NancyPauline. Here I'm using Nancy.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Every 5% challenge since Summer 2017. I think that's about 18?

What do you like to do for fun? I like jogging/running, cooking, baking, eating, reading, sewing, knitting, and when able swimming.

What major city do you live in or near? State? My home base is southern Idaho, but DH and I winter in Southern Utah.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Break through the 150s plateau.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm married and both my husband and I are retired and still trying to decide how to live this chapter.
  • bevpresley1
    bevpresley1 Posts: 5,277 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes, I was bevpresley

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 9, I think

What do you like to do for fun? Hubby and I hike, bike, and kayak. I also love to make quilts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Birmingham, AL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to lose the last 10 stubborn pounds.

Anything else you would like to share? I retired my pharmacy license last December and have spent the past year helping mom on the farm.
  • jerseygirl724
    jerseygirl724 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was a member of SP for almost 14 years. I was Jerseygirl24

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count. Started in 2010 and participated continuously after that except for a few rounds off

What do you like to do for fun? Trivia buff and avid NY Yankees fan. I am trying to get into knitting or crocheting but having a hard time getting started.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Northern NJ in an outlying suburb of NYC

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Strength and balance

Anything else you would like to share? I am expecting my first grandchild in April. For that reason, I am trying to get into knitting or crocheting but not making much progress. I will be starting a new job next week. I have been living mostly in the gig economy but hope that this one will be more permanent.
  • Patricia1CR
    Patricia1CR Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Yes. For about 13+ years. PATRICIA-CR
    Since 2013, I don't really know.
    Internet, exercise, watch TV, knit, read, Duolingo.
    Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica.
    Lose weight.
    3cwuv1h9x768.jpg
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople?yes
    How many years? about 8 years. What was your Spark name? mommy445
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? at least 5
    What do you like to do for fun? dance, do arts and crafts, go to the movies, watch sports
    What major city do you live in or near? State? I live near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Lose weight and to get more toned.
    Anything else you would like to share? We can do this!
  • fireduckie
    fireduckie Posts: 2,790 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? Yes I was a member of SparkPeople. 14 years and HappyElf was my name. On MFP it is Fireduckie.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done about 8 challenges

What do you like to do for fun? Read, camping, gardening and crafting

What major city do you live in or near? State? Galveston, TX

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to lose that final 10 lbs that seem so elusive. My fitness goal is to stay as active as I can.

Anything else you would like to share? Looking forward to learning more about MFP and being with my Sparkbuddies.
  • epivan
    epivan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Were you a member of SparkPeople? How many years? What was your Spark name? I was a member of SparkPeople for 17 years with the same username.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I did 3 5% Challenges on SparkPeople. I've really missed this group!

What do you like to do for fun? I love to cycle, hike, and spend time with my family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in southern California, about 80 miles from Los Angeles.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I've spent the past two months recovering from surgery and have goals to back to my pre-surgery fitness levels.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm looking forward to participating in this challenge!