Noob

Hey guys! I just got my diagnoses of type 2. Both my parents have it and i'm overweight. I was told I could have 3 months to try to lower my A1C naturally before starting meds. I am trying! Whole foods, low sugar and exercise. Please add me as a friend on here as I need buddies. I have new motivation to stick to this healthier living. Normally I fall back into old habits after a couple weeks. This time it seems more important, sad that it took this but I did need some serious motivations.

Replies

• NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Hi! Do you monitor your blood glucose every day? What was your A1C the last time? It sounds like you are on track. I know how hard it is to stick to the program but you can do it! I don't know what my A1C is now, but last time I was checked, I was at 7.1. But my daily checks have been nice and low, around 100 mg/dl. I eat ketogenic and try to keep my carbs around 20-30 grams per day. I no longer eat pasta, bread, cakes, donuts, etc. And I try to keep my meals simple so I don't stress. I find that I really love salad! Especially if cheese and meats are added to it! LOL! My next doctor's appt is in January. I can't wait to find out what my A1C is now. I've lost over 20 pounds since seeing him in September. So yes, it's hard but doable. Good luck!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    My last A1C was 5.9 with no meds. You can do it. Do you log menus through MFP? Many people find that a good way to stay accountable with friends.