December 16

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    Options
    Dec 16

Exercise: o:) steps were extra-EXTRA LLLLOOOOOWWWW today (the book was sooooooo good!) However I DID get in 25 minutes on the exercise bike before midnight (only let MPF count it as "1 min / 6 cals").
    Logged: o:) All logged
    In Range: o:) both food AND exercise were a bit on the light side (did I mention how good my book was? No eduational value at all. Definitely a "self-care day") But enough that MFP isn't "mad at me for under eating"
    Personal Extra Challenge: A 30-day "3 doodles-a-day" self-challenge to break through my fear of active-creativity / "not drawing it correctly". Started Dec 6 (11 for 11 so far!)

WK1 (mon=>sun) B)B)B)B)B)B)B)
    Wk2 (mon=>sun) B)B)B)B)
    Day-by-day Doodle themes:
    • WK1 - M electronics (cell phone / earbuds / laptop);
      T paper-based (banner / paper scrap / coil-spine notepad);
      W sweet treats (doughnut / ice cream cone / cookie);
      Th unicorn (unicorn toy / gem-stone / lollypop) ;
      F around the kitchen (coffee mug / frying pan / stand mixer) ;
      S magic (crescent moon / crystal cluster / potion bottle);
      Sn self-care ( candle / claw-tub / wine glass);
    • WK2 - M mental self-care ( journal / pencil / pen-holder cup ) ;
      T on the desk ( globe / highlighter / washi tape );
      W florals (blossom / vine / leaves );
      Th stationary ( envelope / push-pin / paper clip );
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • WK3 - M ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • WK4 - M ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • Day 29 & 30 -
      M ;
      T
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Treadmill: 21 min / 1.22 mi
    Pass Days: 3/3
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Exercise: walked
    Calories: under
    Tracked: everything
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Dec 17
    Pass Day 8. Much the same story as the day before. I had a field day and planned too much food for the day. And then needed to stop and use a bathroom so had to buy something and bought a hot chocolate and drank it and it was delicious. And I'm up another 0.8 pounds. It is amazing how quickly they can come back these days!

Exercise: 15 minute MommaStrong workout, probably 45 minutes of walking
    Tracking: I did track the whole day
    Calories: Over

I am not eating any takeout for takeout Friday today, so that should help. My wife and kids are getting takeout from a restaurant that does not particularly tempt me and I will eat delicious food we have in the house.

I am also inspired by all the NSVs yesterday and also by everyone getting their boosters. I still need to do that.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: Β»
    Surviving in the hospital still.
    βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
    1/3 pass days

Prayers, and hugs. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of wishes for a speedy recovery.

@taurie and @slimtastesbetter
    I'm hoping that by the time you read this, you both are feeling much better! :mask:

@jamcnewman and @ashleycarole86
    it's dangerously cold..... I don't know how you do it living so far north! Brrrrr! I'm such a wimp this winter.... we've had 2 days in the 50's and I've gone out for a short walk... but other than that, it's been the dreadmill. Lol.

@Arc2Arc wow, walking in a snowstorm! You should've shared some pics with us! (those of us, like me, who don't want to go out into the C.O.L.D. :lol: But seriously, kudos to you!!!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    βœ…βœ…βœ…
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    ~πŸŽ„~ 12 / 16 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🀢🏼~~ Welcome to December ~BLESSings ALLways ~πŸ’–~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... βœ… ... 210+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... βœ… ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... βœ… .... I did

STEPS......... 27,160+.......... 180 walking ......... 30 min. house cleaning....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,649 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking and calories no
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,258 Member
    Options
    today I am now out of the winners circle

I have strained my neck (somehow) and doing very little

still tracked, still under budget but movement was a nono
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    DEC 16 - Pass day
    Exercise ❎
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer -15 F right now.. feels like - 26 with the windchill.... there are moments where it's just unsafe to even bundle up and go out and this morning is one of them!

I started losing weight in January and I didn't have any exercise targets then.. I was starting to move more but it wasn't my focus. This winter is a different animal for sure. I love my Peloton but I think I need to figure out walking in place or something. For some reason that feels weird to me but I don't have a treadmill.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer -15 F right now.. feels like - 26 with the windchill.... there are moments where it's just unsafe to even bundle up and go out and this morning is one of them!

I started losing weight in January and I didn't have any exercise targets then.. I was starting to move more but it wasn't my focus. This winter is a different animal for sure. I love my Peloton but I think I need to figure out walking in place or something. For some reason that feels weird to me but I don't have a treadmill.

@ashleycarole86 I’ve been thinking about you as you had some REALLY brutal lows yesterday and this week. We are only at -17 F (-27 C) with the windchill right now (8:30 am). It is snowing now so it can’t be that cold! Where are you @Arc2Arc β€” sorry, I can’t recall.

Heading for lab work this morning and it will be fine once my heated seats kick in. My next car MUST have a heated steering wheel. My treadmill is so essential to me. I walk while seeing beautiful outdoor settings on my big smart TV and I think seeing the sunshine does me good too! I have a fused ankle so no running and it is really difficult to get my heart rate up (except out of terror) when walking on the ice outdoors.

@Mrs_Hoffer Your comment made me laugh! Really, I can’t tell much difference between temperatures once it drops below -27C. You need to cover all exposed skin and if you are dressed for it, it is all good. A great thing about deep cold is that the air is so fresh, and the skies are brilliant cloudless blue. We get a tremendous amount of sun all year round in Saskatchewan.

Here’s the funny thing @lesdarts180 β€” I am a total wimp when it is much less cold but it is damp. Chills me to the bone and I cannot warm up. We joke here β€œbut it’s a dry cold”. There really is something to be said for that.

Those UAC folks in hot climates (humid or dry) β€” don’t know how you exercise outdoors in summer….

Julie
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,532 Member
    Options
    βœ… Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise
    βœ… Calories -
    βœ… Tracking -
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today

8 Pass days used

I was so tired yesterday that I kind of went through the motions with my exercise. Still a workout, but just not as vigorous as normal. Lots of treat making since I needed a bunch to bring to the volunteer crew that I work with today.

For those of you that live up north, I admire your perseverance in still getting outside for exercise despite the frigid cold. I was cold all day yesterday and the high was 54F! When we went to the east coast last week, I packed (and wore) a heavy long down coat with the fake fur around the hood, a down puffy, a gortex rain jacket (for wind protection), a fleece, and a vest. I think one day I even wore them all at the same time. So much for showing off my slimmer body :-)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    Dec 16
    βœ…βœ…βœ…
    15,845 steps
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    Options
    .... I love my Peloton but I think I need to figure out walking in place or something. For some reason that feels weird to me but I don't have a treadmill.

I don't have a treadmill either. But for step-based indoor exercise (with no to minimal cost and no to minimal permanent foot-print needed for equipment) .... I recommend adopting a "Walk as You Watch" policy. If you are in front of the tv, you have to be walking (at least part of the time). Depending on your current level of endurance / state of knees / ankles etc. either walk through all (or as much as possible) commercials, and gradually switch to walking through the program / break through commercials.

Or if your computer can link to a tv, or other decent sized screen, "walk the world" via first-person views/"treadmill or elliptical workouts" of wherever you like on YouTube

If you need cushioning, there are anti-fatigue mats in places like Hardware box stores (or amazon) that can be stored out of the way against a wall. I use a 36" diam / ~ 4 to 6 " tall mini-trampoline for minimizing impact (it can sit on it's edge out of the way when not in use)

If you don't have the "impact restrictions", use a step-bench (basically, going up and down one step). These are also easy to find in the same places that would sell the mini-trampolines and also are easily put out of the way when not in actual use.

The MAIN thing is the "Walk While You Watch" commitment .... it can feel quite virtuous to get those steps in without having to miss your "must-watch" tv series ..... (or listen to a podcast, or audiobook etc)