December 12

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    DEC 12
    Exercise ✅ [2 h walk]
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    12/12/2021
    Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    Pass days – 0

@LazyBlondeChef – a timely reminder. My family all know that I watch what I eat and don’t push food although they will offer cakes etc and often I will take a small portion – perhaps share a slice of cake with someone else. When eating out at a friends’ house I will take a very small portion and turn down added cream on dessert or dressing or sauce on savoury dishes.

I have had friends try to insist that I should eat more – “you don’t want to get too thin” “you have to eat something” etc, but I ignore them and try not to be rude in response. Why do people think they can comment on my eating habits? I’m slimmer and, more importantly, healthier than most of them. The one plus point of the pandemic is not having to go to parties where people push calorie- heavy food at me.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Definitely a timely topic.

✅✅✅ for today.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,070 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    2️⃣ pass days left

@LazyBlondeChef
    Great topic. I use that ‘none for me, thanks’ line. Mind you, I do occasionally indulge. It’s a choice.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    A quick check in (again). Love this post as well as yesterday. 🥰

I agree that #2 is awkward. In some situations maybe the convenience of it has greater worth, but if that's the case why are you even there to begin with? 🤷‍♂️

For me it's not about having only inappropriate food available. I have yet to be in a situation where I can't eat ahead or simply wait. It's about tracking, sometimes I can't weigh or measure, and can in some cases make a best guess I am comfortable with, other times I know I can't and know I wasn't able to "accurately" track. I do try to be as in line as possible and not use it as an excuse to go "hog wild".

Today was like that. I did not go hog wild. I did not track. I suspect I broke my calorie allowance but don't know. So today is a great big NO for me. I'm cool with that. Not cool with how out of whack every waking hour is, and not looking forward to the couple weeks of festive f-ing holidays of this coming up. Hoping the kids become even approachably manageable soon, with minimal financial and sentimental loss of things. They are clearly over the freaking moon right now with all of the excitement and schedule changes.

Back to regular world now. Carry on. Love you all and happy holidays (I mean that, I still have a big love for this time of year).
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,772 Member
    Options
    yes for 3
    0/3 pass days
    Better day but ate 2 large meals instead of 3 medium sized, feeling a little stuffed.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,286 Member
    Options
    December 12, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (10 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (10 days)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    December 12 - Pass day #1
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Dec 12:
    ✅✅✅

Pass Days Used: 2/3

Oh @LazyBlondeChef what a terrific topic! This one hits close to home for me as well. I've told this group before about my bestie (25 years!) who constantly harasses me about not needing to lose any more weight and that I'm nothing but skin and bones! Seriously????? (I'm 160, for heaven's sake - I'm seriously NOT wasting away to nothing!) It makes me downright mad because she will push junk and sweets and alcohol on me non-stop when I go visit her. If I say no thanks, she'll say "please don't tell me you're STILLLL dieting!!"Sometimes she doesn't even ask me - she just brings me a brownie (or whatever) and puts it in front of me on the coffee table. THAT really pushes my buttons and I'll let it sit there all afternoon - just because. I usually will make an excuse to leave and head home shortly after that.... because it just never stops.

Lately I've tried telling her that I'm NOT dieting.... I'm just trying to maintain and NOT GAIN any of my weight back.... but she will say something like "but it's the holidays! It's the time of year to indulge! You can go back on your diet in January!" It's so frustrating. I used to have a few beers with her hubby while I was there (she doesn't drink because of medication that she's on), and sometimes now they'll bring me a beer even when I've said that I don't want one. I've let that sit on the table until it got warm as well.

And to be honest, I don't hardly go over to visit her any more. I call on the phone occasionally, and just use the excuse that I'm just very busy. My hubby and I will occasionally meet them out somewhere for dinner, but it's just not even enjoyable to go visit her any more.

@Mrs_Hoffer
    Me too… it is so sad, but you are right, it’s not enjoyable. Towing the line is difficult enough without the pressure (for me).

Hugs,
    🌸Maddie
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,982 Member
    Options
    Using Pass Day 2 today. Rest day from exercise and started to track but got lazy and stopped late afternoon. Within calories? Maybe, maybe not. ;) Back to the 3 rules tomorrow. :smiley:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I had a friend tell me (and several others) “As you get older, it’s important to have extra weight because if you get sick, you’ll need.”

I replied, because yes I’m tired of this from her, “I here a lot of folks say this, but I’ll have to check the research..” at which point she interrupted me, “..I don’t care if there is or is not research..I’ve known folks who got sick & lost a lot of weight & couldn’t put it back on.”

I just changed the subject.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Dec 12
    ✅✅✅ my appetite is in a good place. Seems cold weather really is still my friend. No idea why. Maybe the hot tea?

Even jogged a bit - softly 😃
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @SummerSkier
    I use the concept behind your marble technique all the time but focusing on my averages. “Keeping it in perspective”

I might need to find our childhood marbles :)