December 12

Options

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,005 Member
    Options
    * Walk x2
    *No Meditation and journaling
    * Under calories by alot. Was still full from previous day.
    * Tracked blt
    * Monitored sugars
    Love the food pusher topic. Xox
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Dec 12

Exercise: Yes (dog walk, gardening and other walking)
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked all: Yes

(I love the above posts. I think whilst there are food and drink pushes, I have realised that some of the pressure to accept comes from me, rather than from them)
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Sunday December 12

Such a great opening post @LazyBlondeChef and so timely — thank you.

✅✅✅ for today

Exercise today was a 40 minute walk outdoors with my husband at the off leash dog park. Beauregard had the best time and was exhausted by the time we led him off for home. There is a great walking loop and he hasn’t been there for ages.

Julie
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    OK, here's a question before I actually post for the day ..... I am trying to get a handle on the BMR / TDEE thing (and breaking the MFP-thinking thing of many many many years' standing)
    According to The Formula provided in the Topic opener of "How did you pick your Daily calorie goal number", the maintenance calorie level for my target top-of-range (5 or 6 pounds away) is ~1388 (assuming sedentary lifestyle and before intentional activity / exercise).

I set my MFP daily range to 1250 (being now stalled out at plus-or-minus 143 while set to 1300 - finding it hard to eat as much as that lately, and started to be not as active as I was through Nov, first week of dec)

Today I ate 1295 cals, and at 9:30 p.m. with fitbit activity credits for just-over 6050 steps, I am 13 cals in he red. IF I also log my morning session of 51 mins / 365 cals burned on my exercise bike this morning, MFP "Yells at me" for not even breaking 1000 cals net. (which makes me nervous)

Do I put the biking back in the exercise log and ignore the level of deficit? Make a note in the exercise log so that I know I am not REALLY "over by 13 even though the Food Diary says I am" ? Do enough extra steps so that the fitbit activity credits put me back in the green? (given that I am only 13 cals shy that would be do-able)

Update - turns out that what with breathing between 9:30 and 11:30 and updating the fitbit sync, the just-wrong-side-of-red turned into 22 cals green without my doing anything at all. But that still begs the general question re "how / whether to clue MFP / fitbit in on the biking ....
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Dec 11

Exercise: o:) 51 mins (~365 cals) on exercise bike this morning + closed my steps ring at just under 6100 by midnight
    Logged: o:) All logged (dropped my Daily Calorie Allotment by 50 yesterday ... )
    In Range: o:) earned enough fitbit activity credits to leave 22 "in the pot" BEFORE not counting / not eating the biking calories. I'd apreciate input from TDEE-savy types about dilemma faced at 9:30 pm (in spoiler in my entry above)

Personal Extra Challenge: A 30-day "3 doodles-a-day" self-challenge to break through my fear of active-creativity / "not drawing it correctly". Started Dec 6 (7 for 7 so far!)

WK1 (mon=>sun) B)B)B)B)B)B)B)
    Day-by-day Doodle themes:
    • WK1 - M electronics (cell phone / earbuds / laptop);
      T paper-based (banner / paper scrap / coil-spine notepad);
      W sweet treats (doughnut / ice cream cone / cookie);
      Th unicorn (unicorn toy / gem-stone / lollypop) ;
      F around the kitchen (coffee mug / frying pan / stand mixer) ;
      S magic (crescent moon / crystal cluster / potion bottle);
      Sn self-care ( candle / claw-tub / wine glass);
    • WK2 - M ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • WK3 - M ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • WK4 - M ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • Day 29 & 30 -
      M ;
      T
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    yes x's 3 -
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: nope

Pass Days: 3/3

Way under on calories but didn't exercise today. It's cold and I was feeling lazy. So my third and FINAL pass day this month. Need to get it together tomorrow. Probably back to getting on the treadmill as soon as I get up. That worked better than my putting it off which is a recent bad habit I've gotten into since I stopped doing treadmill everyday.

@Mrs_Hoffer That's too bad about your friend. One of my friends recently said to me that I shouldn't lose much more weight because old women don't look good when they're too thin. I just laughed.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 60 minutes Peloton, 18 minutes walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 1/3 (Dec 3)

Today's topic looks great but I'll have to come back tomorrow for it!!
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    MAMA530

EXERCISE: Yes - weights
    CALORIES: Under
    TRACKED: Yes
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    12/12/2021
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,726 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9
    With regards your exercise bike calories – I would suspect that estimate of 365 calories is a bit high. If you’re entering the exercise manually why not use a lower figure? I only get 100 calories for 30 minutes (cycling outdoors at about 10 mph on varied terrain). Where did the 365 come from? If I remember rightly, you are small – like me – so a very high calorie count seems unlikely.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Dec 12
    Exercise - 15 minutes MommaStrong, 45 minutes walking
    Tracking - Planned the day and mostly followed the plan, but not entirely
    Calories - Over
    Pass Day #6 (I think)

I had the leftovers of my favorite "healthy" meal that I wrote about yesterday, so Calories were planned to be over from the beginning. And then even though I had stated my intention not to, I did use that as an excuse to be sloppy with tracking and eat some extras. But not too bad I think - it's not reflected in my weight today anyway.

I have actually no experience with people being mean to me for saying no to food, because I never have said no to food :smile: I said emotional eating is not really my issue, celebration eating is. I have not eaten at a party since March 2020, so this December I will be coming back to it. I have always felt that parties are occasions to eat whatever. I have some social anxiety and that feeds into it - eating is a great thing to do with my hands, way to get out of a conversation, thing to calm me down, way to make the party fun even if it isn't otherwise. We are planning to go to between 1 and 3 gatherings this Christmas, so I do need to think about what my plan is this year. I don't drink anymore so that should help both with willpower/remembering and total calories - although actually I don't think any of these particular gatherings should have alcohol.

I don't think at any of these people care particularly what I am doing, so I don't think food pusher strategies are necessary (not to say they never are, just for me in this situation). I think I just need to go in with a plan and a goal. I think they probably will be pass days, but trying not to go crazy. I'll need to remember that the goal of it is to see people, not to eat. I think holidays 2019 I made sure to remove myself from the table when I was done eating and go supervise the kids elsewhere - which was somewhat necessary anyway but also helped me not continue mindlessly eating. That was after I had eaten a lot, but did save me from myself somewhat.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~🎄~ 12 / 12 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🤶🏼~~ Welcome to December ~BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 180+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 23,580+.......... 150 walking ......... 30 min. house cleaning....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,218 Member
    Options
    DEC 12th

pass 3
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @KCJen @mshawski

Shout out to both of you guys for making the right call and continuing to check in even during a hard month. Keep showing up for yourselves!

3x yes today

Thanks!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @oh_jackie: Love that you enjoyed a long walk and @snowshoe072: nice work with rowing!

@lesdarts180 and @tahm42 and @victorious55 : Hurray for no pass days :)

@SummerSkier @TerriRichardson112 @Geneveremfp @Mrs_Hoffer : Yay for all 3s!!

@KCJen: Really happy to hear you're sticking with us this month :) Keep on!! @WhatMeRunning: thanks for posting and being transparent about going hog wild. It happens to the best of us.

@mshawski and @yrc_pr: thanks for posting!!

Thanks!