December 2

Options
124»

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Exercise, tracking and calories all yes!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅
    Strength class at gym
    Restructured original food plan to accommodate a run in peanut butter.

Peanut butter is the best ay @mshawski it's sooo high in calories though right. I hve recently switched to pb2 powder. It almost tastes as good with hardly any calories... Hve u tried it?? Xo

I have, I throw it in smoothies a lot. It doesn't do it for me just on a spoon out of the jar, which I have tried dry and I really don't recommend it. LOL. I think it's more the texture than the taste that makes me feel better about life. That or the Niacin. I've been noticing most of the foods I like to binge are good sources of Niacin, which is mostly found in meat products and I don't eat meat so... B3 supplements should probably be in my future.

I looked on Google images for "if you crave X, you are missing Y, so eat more Z (healthier alternate source of Y)" charts.

I couldn't find "missing Niacin" anywhere, but I DID find that PB could be the body trying to jolt-replace protein, or fat, or potassium.

There ARE entries for all three in most "if you crave X, you are missing Y, so eat more Z (healthier alternate source of Y)" With some experimentation plus an examination of your macro, you might be able to zone in more on which (or which combo of the three) by grabbing a pre-chosen alternate and seeing if that helps head off the craving.

Along side a peek at your macros. And just as some people choose sodium or sugar to track more closely in their Food Diaries along side The Main Three ... you can specify other micro nutrients like potassium (or iron ... check whether niacin is in the list, if you think that might be it)
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    That is interesting about cravings. Since I eat very few processed foods my sodium intake has always been on the low side. I never felt the need to add salt to my food in the past. I sometimes got cravings for Lays potato chips which wasn't something I ate very often and I always attributed it to needing salt. One of the side effects of aging is that the tastebuds dull so these days I tend to lightly salt some of my food and no longer get those cravings.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    02/12/2021
    Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes

Congratulations to all the Champions!

And Well done to everyone who was still with us at the end of the month.
    Let's all do our best this month.
  • Pammy757
    Pammy757 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning thank you for the pep talk. I was a little discouraged yesterday, but hung in there. Felt little better today. Actually went grocery shopping for a few things we needed. Felt a little worn out when I got home so been sitting around taking it easy. Last 2 days I was lucky to get in 800 calories...just no appetite at all. Had little more of an appetite today so that's good!
  • Pammy757
    Pammy757 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @tahm42 will be praying for you, for a successful surgery and a fast recovery.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    Strength class at gym
    Restructured original food plan to accommodate a run in peanut butter.

Peanut butter is the best ay @mshawski it's sooo high in calories though right. I hve recently switched to pb2 powder. It almost tastes as good with hardly any calories... Hve u tried it?? Xo

I have, I throw it in smoothies a lot. It doesn't do it for me just on a spoon out of the jar, which I have tried dry and I really don't recommend it. LOL. I think it's more the texture than the taste that makes me feel better about life. That or the Niacin. I've been noticing most of the foods I like to binge are good sources of Niacin, which is mostly found in meat products and I don't eat meat so... B3 supplements should probably be in my future.

Ha ha yeah I tots know wat u mean!!! The texture rocks!! So good
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Thurs Dec 2
    No x 3 today.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅ (details in dec 4)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    Thurs Dec 2
    No x 3 today.

But you reported in!! Way to behave like a CHAMPION!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • BMcC9
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    yes x 3

'Atta girl! You are on your way!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I don't think I reported on 12/2nd... so - I was yes x's 3...