Leslie Sansone December 2021 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

The December Walk Challenge starts tomorrow :p , so now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking or workout DVDs, can be a great alternative to walking outdoors in the freezing cold or snowy days of December when it is difficult to get outside for a walk. For some of us, walking or hiking outdoors might still be a pleasant alternative to using a DVD, especially on those bright sunny winter days.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts as well as other workout instructors to mix it up, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes. However you get your walk in or your exercise done, come on in and join us! Post your miles, steps, or minutes that you have walked, however you record it... it is all good, and hopefully fun also!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how you want to record your walk or exercise for this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you are able to. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge at any time of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to do for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So... please feel free to start today, so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late in the month to join B)

It is always fun to read which walking DVD you used or if you are using another form of strength or cardio exercise, or even found a new place to walk. We all could use some new inspiration or ideas sometimes. So please share if you would like to :p .

I know that I often say this, but I am truly grateful for each one of us who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month. And especially for all the walkers who have kept this challenge active and awesome during this past year.

I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge, the last one for 2021!

Lace up those walking shoes and get some water...it's time to walk into December. Can you believe it :o . It is like we blinked and December is right here, awaiting the turn of the calendar page.

We are walking strong, together!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hello, since November ends today, realized I should make my intro here instead! Tomorrow I begin!

My challenge for December will be to get a walk in, minimum 15 minutes, indoors or outside, at home or away, no excuses - at least until Dec 24th!
    Hey y'all, I just stumbled across your group and joined!! I love Leslie Sansone but had kinda forgot all about her for the last 10 years or so. She is so kind & encouraging - now normally rah rah sweetness would get old fast for me - but somehow I love Leslie 😍 🤣

I started with MFP mid-August and have lost 26 lbs - hurray - but have lots more to go.

And I am very sedentary with zero desire to be all that active, however I do have a desire to be at least somewhat fit 😉, so in addition to monitoring my food for November I dusted off my Fitbit and started tracking my steps. I was trying for a daily 15 minute walk, preferably outside pending weather & darkness. I started off the month hit & miss, but at least went out a few times, then I went on vacation and did great while away, actually thought this boded well but came back home and bumpkiss. Literally zippo.

So this group is great! I see there are several options on YouTube and can explore them while looking for my old DVDs (I have some VHS too 😆) and figuring out a way to play them or get the app to work using my firestick, but all in good time my friends, YouTube will get me started with no excuses.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Merry December everyone!

I start physical therapy tomorrow for my right foot.

Last month I manage 78 miles tracked. This month I roll back a little more.

December Goals

Miles Tracked: 75 miles

Apple Watch Challenge: Burn 15,200 Calories this month. ( sighs and hangs head)
    That's an average of 481 per day. Apple is based in CA. They clearly have no understanding of what Michigan weather is like or means. 🤣

@Ladybug8882021 Welcome. It sounds like you're off to a great start on your weight loss journey. We are happy to have you jump into our group and look forward to celebrating your victories with you.
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    2 miles
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am new here in MFP and in this group. I have been using Leslie's WAH for a while now. For a long time, I would find her videos here and there on YouTube. Then a year ago I found the $5/Month subscription, and it has been a lifesaver. No more arguing with myself about whether or not I like the weather well enough to go out for a walk. And I love to walk in the evenings, so now I can, anytime, in my living room. So simple.

And now here I am. I am trying to go for 6000 steps a day and at least 30 minutes of activity a day. I'm not there yet, but I am working up to it! Raise your hands! Time to go walk!
    * Lisa *
  • MeowScout
    Options
    “Who doesn’t like to warm up those thighs?”
    😂😂😂 6419, phew!
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • Deeder522
    Options
    @MeowScout Hi and Welcome. Glad you found us. You're goals look great and we can't wait to celebrate you achieving them with you!

Covid test has delayed my PT starting. Pretty sure I have just a head cold but who can really tell anymore. I'm getting some extra steps in by walking to the neighbors to check in on their cats and chickens. The bonus is fresh warm eggs in the morning. :)
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    Sooooo

In my intro post I mentioned how now that I found Leslie on YouTube, no excuses right?

Well wrong - the sabotaging part of me heard all innocent excited part of me and thought heh heh, we'll see 👀

So, scratch Dec 1st & 2nd...
    Dec 3 - had to pick up my son from work and managed to leave early enough to stop by the dollar store and I purposely walked around there a good 15 minutes - so lame-o, but putting that in my win column!
    Dec 4 - today was sunny here and I finally got around to setting up some of my outdoor Christmas stuff, and trotted around the yard, in & out of the garage, for about an hour - so another entry in the win column!

Baby steps for me. 👶

@Meowscout - that is very good info about the $5/month subscription. Thank you! 😊
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    Okay, I am not as pathetic as I reported, since I had the dates wrong lol 🙃!

Only Dec 1 was a scratch, picked up son on 2nd, put up decorations today (3rd) - phew!

PS: Since retiring earlier this year, one of my goals was to genuinely not know what day it is...mission accomplished!
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1 mile
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    Hello - progress report!

Dec 1 - pass (shakes head)
    Dec 2 - walked Dollar store before picking up son, 15 minutes
    Dec 3 - began outside Xmas set up, 1 hour
    Dec 4 - completed outside set up with grandkids, 2 hours
    Dec 5 - watered plants in & out and began inside cleaning & decorating in earnest, 2 hours

My step count has been really good these last 3 days 👍

Tomorrow (drum roll please) I plan to do a Leslie Sansone walk since I am now at my daughter's for a couple of days!
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • Deeder522
    Options
    December Goals

Miles Tracked: 15 / 75 miles

Apple Watch Challenge: Burn 2759 / 15,200 Calories this month.

My COVID test came back Negative so I can finally start PT.
  • MeowScout
    Options
    6000 Steps in. Did a walk video from my the WALK app on my tablet while dh and I watched basketball on TV. This was my first time doing a video with him around! I see more sports WALKing in my future!!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi Walker Friends! Y'all know I'm in a bad habit of not getting over here to the community to post very quickly. Can I blame this new format? It's so strange. I also have not been able to bookmark our December thread. I keep getting an error.

December is a challenge because I will be out of town about 10 days around Christmas to New Year's. As such, I'm not going to assign a total number of miles as a goal because those of you who know me, know that I'll do anything to meet and beat a number, even at the sacrifice of injury or family! And this year I do actually want to see my family.

So I'm going to set a goal to walk at least 5 miles a day on regular days, and try to do at least 1 mile when I'm staying with family. I will attempt to do strength every day, regardless of where I am.

Dec. 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles iWalk Strong + 3 Miles Walk to the Hits + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Dec 2: 6 Miles ~ 4 Miles Punch Up Your Walk + 2 Miles Dancing (45 minutes) + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Dec 3: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Dec 4: 6 Miles ~ 5 Really Big Miles + 1 Mile Walk Party + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Dec 5: 7 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 16 min Tracey Anderson Precision Toning Arms
    Dec 6: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Dec 7: 7 Miles ~ 5 Advanced Miles + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 16 min Tracey Anderson Precision Toning Arms

42 miles
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    Hello - progress report!

Dec 1 - pass (shakes head)
    Dec 2 - walked Dollar store before picking up son, 15 minutes
    Dec 3 - began outside Xmas set up, 1 hour
    Dec 4 - completed outside set up with grandkids, 2 hours
    Dec 5 - watered plants in & out and began inside cleaning & decorating in earnest, 2 hours
    Dec 6 - 1 mile WAH on YouTube + cooldown,  Fitbit recorded 20 minutes!
    Dec 7 - made extra effort to walk each hour today, minimum 250 steps - missed only 1 hour out of 12! Got 15 active minutes in between 1 & 2.

My step count has been really good these last 3 days 👍
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Great job @Ladybug8882021! Walking 250 steps each hour is a great way to keep moving and is so good for you!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Dec. 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles iWalk Strong + 3 Miles Walk to the Hits + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Dec 2: 6 Miles ~ 4 Miles Punch Up Your Walk + 2 Miles Dancing (45 minutes) + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Dec 3: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Dec 4: 6 Miles ~ 5 Really Big Miles + 1 Mile Walk Party + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Dec 5: 7 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 16 min Tracey Anderson Precision Toning Arms
    Dec 6: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Dec 7: 7 Miles ~ 5 Advanced Miles + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 16 min Tracey Anderson Precision Toning Arms
    Dec 8: 8 Miles! ~ 5 Boosted Miles + 3 Miles Dance Walks Latin Spice & House Party + 15 min HASfit strength for legs

50 miles