How To Post a Picture

Options
I'v seen several people ask how to post pictures on here so I thought I'd create a new topic with the directions. I hope you don't mind me creating a new topic, I thought it would make it easier for future reference.

So....here goes....

Hosting the Picture

1) Go to an image-hosting site (for example, photobucket or tinypic- photobucket requires making an account). Upload your picture. To do this, click the button that says "Browse" and choose your photo from there. When you have selected your photo and clicked "OK", click the UPLOAD button.
2) Wait until it is completely loaded and shows you a bunch of different codes. We're going to use the URL that's called IMG (or Image) code. Highlight the entire code, right click, and click "copy".

Placing the Picture on MFP

1) Get onto your favorite board or wherever you would like to post the picture, and start your message. Now, right click inside this typing/text box, and click "Paste", The code that you coped earlier should show up. You may notice that the code looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /IMG ]

Well, that's all fine and dandy, except that we can't have those capital letters in there.

2) Take the code that you have down, and change the capital IMG to lowercase img (on both ends of the code), so that it looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ img ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /img ]

3) Write whatever else you feel like writing in the space, then click the Post button, and you're done!!

Not too hard, right? Let me know if you have any questions.

Replies

• drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this topic! I know I had no idea how to post pictures & I've seen several others in the group that are in the same boat.
  • hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this topic! I know I had no idea how to post pictures & I've seen several others in the group that are in the same boat.

No worries at all :smile:
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Got a Challenge Using Phone...it cant highlight the image box.