This December I Will...

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    I did some stress relief- dancing at the St. Nicholas Ball. I ordered my costume from Etsy rather than make it. I did make the belt, though.

lkh5t2btpupy.jpeg

So gorgeous @77tes❣️❣️😁
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,321 Member
    Options
    @77tes You look wonderful.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Sat 11: embellished some of the cards I had crafted.
    Sun 12: Wrote some overseas cards and walked to the postbox to post them
    Mon 13: made/wrote cards for my craft buddies for Craft Group tomorrow. Working on my crochet, and watching TV

4btazpcjyjr0.jpg

🎄Daily Habits tracked 13/13

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,181 Member
    Options
    Dec 4 😴👟📊🎄📚
    Dec 5 😴👟📊🎄📚
    Dec 6 😴👟📊🎄📚
    Dec 7 ❌👟📊🎄📚
    Dec 8 ❌❌📊🎄📚
    Dec 9 😴❌📊🎄📚
    Dec 10❌👟📊🎄📚
    Dec 11 ❌❌📊🎄📚
    Dec 12 ❌❌📊🎄📚
    Dec 13 ❌❌📊🎄📚

🎄 (Holiday prep) & 📊 (Tracking it all)
    Last week was a really good but super busy week. Score work and practicing at home, dress rehearsals, then two performances of The Messiah. Parcels have all been sealed and sent. Now on to the neighborhood holiday cards; we do a recipe exchange of favourites from the past year. Tracking is a pretty well established habit for me now (fifth straight month), but given the season, I chose to make it a special focus. Both of these habits are solid so far this month.

😴 (7+ hours) 👟 (Step Goal) & 📚 (Reading)
    I knew I was battling an infection and went in to see my GP on Friday for bloodwork and a listen to my chest. Antibiotics. Return visit and more bloodwork scheduled for next Friday to be sure things are clearing up. Still not able to sleep much due to coughing. My step counts are suffering but have been able to get in exercise each day (but for one day).

When I can’t sleep, I read. Finished five books in the past 10 days. Two new books started last night and I’ll surpass my Reading Challenge (80 books for 2021). Anyone here on Goodreads?

I love your costume @77tes — looks wonderful on you!

Julie
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,687 Member
    Options
    Since I joined late I have set a habit goal for 12/15-12/18 for the remainder of this week but would like to incorporate for remainder of month

Bake healthy cookies/breads for neighbor swap this weekend or next week.

Maintain or reduce carbs.

Try to increase my protein.

Exercise 5/7 days.

I do make a monthly habit tracker that I check off each day I usually try to begin to think about next month during the last week of the current month.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited December 2021
    Options
    🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄
    🎄🤶 Building Healthy Habits 🤶🎄
    🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄DECEMBER 🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶
    🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄

This December I will …
    ….. work on Christmas projects every day.
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄
    Tues 14: made 12 more cards, and checked through my list to see how many more I need to make. Posted birthday greeting to my granddaughter.
    Wed 15: Weekly Grocery day. Bought some Christmas Goodies to take to daughter’s on Christmas Day. Wrote/addressed some of my cards. Will post in the morning.

🎄Daily Habits tracked 15/15

• jamcnewman
    Options
    Welcome Kate! @snowshoe072 — it is good to see you here. 🥰

Julie
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    @jamcnewman thanks glad to be here
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @snowshoe072
    Hi Kate. Nice to see you here.

Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄
    🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄DECEMBER 🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶
    🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄

This December I will …
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄

Thurs 16:
    We went on an impromptu shopping trip, and I bought some new tree ornaments as they were all reduced. DH bought another set of outdoor lights 😂 Printed out some new card toppers and inserts.

🎄Daily Habits tracked 16/16
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    What a lovely group we have!

@TerriRichardson112 I’m so sorry re: your chest cold.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Dec 1 to 16 summary update:
    Exercise minutes ✅
    Steps ✅
    Calories ✅
    Protein ✅
    Sat fat ✅
    Fiber ✅
    Stress/Relaxation ✅ even watched some TV!
    Sleep ✅
    Reading ✅
    Decluttering ✅ preparing for guests ✅
    Creating ✅

Average monthly weight is down 0.6-0.7lb
    Gradual loss is fine, as I’m in normal BMI.
  • snowshoe072
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 good morning UAC’er hope you have a great weekend along with my other UAC friends still working on picking something to work on for remainder of month I think it will be exercise focused if my math is correct only 14 days left of 2021!

I think I will add at least 20 minutes of guitar playing in at least 4 times a week I am trying to learn Proud Mary any B chord suggestions?
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    What a lovely group we have!

@TerriRichardson112 I’m so sorry re: your chest cold.
    ??? Not me 😂 I’m in the pink 😂

🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄
    🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄DECEMBER 🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶
    🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄

This December I will …
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄

Fri 17
    I made some more cards, I counted and I should have enough for what I need. I wrote a few, always put a wee bit of news in each one. Also made some more toppers and inserts. We put up the rest of our outside lights.

🎄Daily Habits tracked 17/17

• jamcnewman
    edited December 2021
    Options
    December 14-17

Dec 14 ❌👟📊🎄📚
    Dec 15 😴👟📊🎄📚
    Dec 16 😴👟❌❌📚
    Dec 17 😴❌❌🎄📚

😴 Sleep 7+ hours - The coughing has lessened and so sleep is better and longer. When the cough was keeping me awake, I strayed back to using my iPhone in the night 😬 and it is plugged in down the hall from our bedroom again. Success on no caffeine after 2:30 pm.

👟 Hit step goal - using the treadmill more consistently now and really enjoying my “outdoor” YouTube walks in beautiful sunny scenery. 🥰 It is -36F (-38C) with the windchill right now so I feel really good about my decision to focus on this daily habit. I had no problem with reaching great step counts until the freezing temperatures hit. This has required more effort and multiple approaches to get to success and I will need to keep close on this habit. 😊

📊 Calories & protein - tracking calories is a given and a solid habit now; this month’s habit focus is on protein and fibre. I think that taking the antibiotics twice a day really impacted my protein: Greek yogurt was a daily perk which, due to medication timing, ended up being left out most days. It is back on the daily menu now. I was nauseous for most of the time and my diversification of protein sources didn’t happen. Better days ahead now. 🐟🐠🍤🥛🧀

🎄 Holiday preparations - Success on some activities in this area, but being ill and coping with some challenging family issues took the wind out of me (literally). I need to break this down to what one thing I will do each day. It is too undefined at this moment to be able to track and define success. Learning more about how I need to structure habits with this one! I am so glad my spiral bound habit tracker arrived from Amazon. Thinking about January….

📚 Read every day - ✅ Racing against the clock to finish The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo for book club on Monday (which is my monthly “in person” book club). Will not attend the lunchtime meeting as the covid situation here is, like everywhere I think, not good. My second monthly book club is on Tuesday night by Zoom and I finished The Holiday Swap last week. Fun seasonal book and we will be joined by the two authors during the session.

Julie
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄
    🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄DECEMBER 🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶
    🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄

This December I will …
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄🎄

Sat 18: Sorted out the tree decorations.

🎄Daily Habits tracked 18/18
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    Well I have managed some spin and played 2 of my 4 guitars getting better with Simple Man. I must admit I keep these 2 suggestions to improve in my mind throughout the day tonight I made time for music…but will keep my day job
  • snowshoe072
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Trying to stay with this did 50% of my first 1/2 week will try for more this week

🎸x 2
    🚲 x2
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄
    🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄DECEMBER 🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶
    🎄🤶🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🧑🏻‍🎄🎄🤶🎄

This December I will …
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Sat 19: Cleared out a corner of living room for tree. Wrote local postal cards. The rest are hand delivered.

🎄Daily Habits tracked 19/19

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is BeeJ (some of you already know me as @BMcC9 from the UAC.) Further details will be added in your Welcome Newcomers thread, but I wanted to get my "Special Project Progress started on Dec 6" quote safely posted over first. See the bottom of this entry.
    69mmffn46jar.jpg

And Hello December!

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

NEWCOMERS:

If you are new to our group, welcome! Please let us know what you will be working on this month and how we can help! A suggestion: set a reminder to check-in periodically with us. Check-in daily, weekly, or as often as works for you, but let us know how you are progressing! We're here to support and encourage you, but if you don't post, we can't cheer you on!

METHOD 1: HABIT STACKING
    We highly recommend habit stacking as a great way to build a new healthy habit. Simply attach the habit you want to create to a habit you already have using this structure:

AFTER I ________________________

I WILL __________________________

METHOD 2: HABIT LOOP

Frame your goal along these lines:

1. My goal for this month (This December I will...")
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.)
    6. What help do you need from us?
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of December?

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

I have been reading some of your sections already - I think my biggest gap in trying to create habits (of various types) in the past has been the lack of "immediate mini-reward" (like an "Atta Girl!" accompanied by fist pump, for example)

I am going to be continuing with a Creativity 30-day challenge (started on Dec 6, so will spill over into the first week of Jan)

1. My goal for this month ("This December I will work on an " I can't YET" attitude (as opposed to "I can't ever")
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal:
    • Doing a 30 Days of Bullet Journal Doodles on YouTube (started on Dec 6) Each day, I can remind myself that "These are DOODLES! They aren't SUPPOSED to be photo-realistic!!!"
    • "Conversing" here.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit:
    • The sketch pad and pens are on the table beside the computer where I log into MFP - Since Dec 6, I have made daily reporting of my UAC accountability points ALSO a running copy&paste&add of the daily subject of the Doodle Theme of the Day (see below)
    • Direct support-comments to others here / direct replies to any comments addressed to me

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.) Working on adding an "Atta girl!" and fist-pump before turning the page on the sketchbook. I made I deal with myself that I would only "Do-then-turn-the-page" ... no looking back / self-judging-in-the-moment allowed.
    6. What help do you need from us? For this one - comments (not just "click on Like" ) that maybe comment or encourage a bit of dialog on a past or current doodle theme. I am insecure about "being creative" and also about making myself "visible / vocal" . Trying to expand my sense of "social connection / interaction" / belonging to a tribe. I have already mostly lost my "work acquaintances" tribe as all of us will continue to work off-site and my duties are not team-based. I am not "social media & texing based" plus am often uncomfortable in social (in-person) gatherings. The Doodles (and your own challenges) provide a ready made scope for conversational topics ....
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of December? Almost 4 full weeks of Daily Doodle stamps and themes; plus dialog on how I might set up-coming personal challenges in a way that I will actually Keep Them Going .

A 30-day "3 doodles-a-day" self-challenge to break through my fear of active-creativity / "not drawing it correctly". Started Dec 6 (14 for 14 so far!)

WK1 (mon=>sun) B)B)B)B)B)B)B)
    Wk2 (mon=>sun) B)B)B)B):|B)B) (two days in one on Sat, so stayed all caught up )
    Day-by-day Doodle themes:
    • WK1 - M electronics (cell phone / earbuds / laptop);
      T paper-based (banner / paper scrap / coil-spine notepad);
      W sweet treats (doughnut / ice cream cone / cookie);
      Th unicorn (unicorn toy / gem-stone / lollypop) ;
      F around the kitchen (coffee mug / frying pan / stand mixer) ;
      S magic (crescent moon / crystal cluster / potion bottle);
      Sn self-care ( candle / claw-tub / wine glass);
    • WK2 - M mental self-care ( journal / pencil / pen-holder cup ) ;
      T on the desk ( globe / highlighter / washi tape );
      W florals (blossom / vine / leaves );
      Th stationary ( envelope / push-pin / paper clip );
      F home electronics ( tv/ gaming controller / big chair ) [done on Saturday];
      S home decor (potted plant / lamp / wood-grain picture frame );
      Sn fitness activity ( water bottle / barbell / bathroom scale) ;
    • WK3 - M (Today's not yet done when I copied this over);
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • WK4 - M ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • Day 29 & 30 -
      M ;
      T

HABIT STACKING:
    Between now (Dec 20) and New Years, I am also going to try applying Habit Stacking to Mini-Exercise / Balance Improvement. I will be asking for suggestions for the "I WILL" line related to Functional Flexibility and Functional Strength come January.

We highly recommend habit stacking as a great way to build a new healthy habit. Simply attach the habit you want to create to a habit you already have using this structure:

AFTER I start the coffee maker in the morning,
    I WILL stand on my "poor man's wobble-board" while the coffee brews.