WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Steps last week above, as you can see I had a very lazy Christmas day lol. I spent the weekend enjoying family and not eating great. Back on track today and hopefully all week minus new years eve.

@MandiSaysHey Looks good to me! Glad you got in some steps. Christmas and New Years are times of rest and introspection and celebration for me; so I don't count on too much from myself then, except to reap the joy that comes (and hopefully, some does). Cheers.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    the monday after the holiday - it feels a bit like New Years Day ...in that ...I've weighed and prepped my food for today and tomorrow -will log it all - back on track (?) ....this time for real?
    Christmas is exhausting.

@eggfreak I hear you that "Christmas is exhausting." This year, we all felt it here more than most years. I just take it as it comes!

Jenn
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hi @metaphysicalstudio ... welcome to the team! I think you'll find you've joined a great, supportive group of people. Appreciate the intro and we look forward to getting to know you.

12/26 exercise:
    46 minutes indoor cycling on my Peloton + 6716 steps

Last call for steps to get your steps in for this week's report to @kdblpn
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I just joined today!

My name is Jenn. I am currently at the heaviest weight I have ever been, reaching into the overweight category. I love fitness and have been working out since I was 18 -- I am 41 now. I spent years as a body builder in my late 20s and early 30s. Now I live a sedentary lifestyle as an English professor. I'm a mom to a young child. I am a food addict and emotional eater, but have had a lot of successes with this in the last ten years, especially. Just wanted to say hey! See you in the January forum.

Welcome! I am sure you'll be able to find ways to create a better balance and address the emotional eating. I hit my highest weight after having kids and working as a professor as well - it is possible to wrestle it back down! Food is a pleasure, and working out how to keep enjoying while not endangering health is a great project we are all working on together. Looking forward to getting to know you!

In a few days, when the official January challenge starts (on Sunday), we generally all re-introduce ourselves and set the kinds of goals and commitments we might have for the month. It is all an experiment - some things work, some don't, but it is worth the failures to find the things that work for you. Since you're here a bit early, don't hesitate to ask any questions that might come to you, and let us know more about anything you'd like to share. Go back to the first page of this chat thread if you want to get the general info and read some of the introductions. Tally ho!
  • jugar
    Options
    @metaphysicalstudio Jenn! It is great to see you on the full group challenge and jumping right in to the team. WTG!
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget - weigh-ins due for Monday-Tuesday:
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,131 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have another new member joining your awesome group ....Please welcome @twdempsey :)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @metaphysicalstudio and @twdempsey, welcome to the group!! You'll find great ideas, tips and support here.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    . Go back to the first page of this chat thread if you want to get the general info and read some of the introductions. Tally ho!

Hi, @jugar. Thank you for the warm welcome. I would like to post my daily exercises for accountability. Do I just post it here, like you did above? It might look like:

Dec 27: 33 minutes of chest and tricpes; 21 minutes step climber

Does that format work well enough? Could I include calories or steps? What is needed to be counted toward the group tally? Looks like some do steps, and I don't see many posting calories.

Jenn
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi, @jugar. Thank you for the warm welcome. I would like to post my daily exercises for accountability. Do I just post it here, like you did above? It might look like:

Dec 27: 33 minutes of chest and tricpes; 21 minutes step climber

Does that format work well enough? Could I include calories or steps? What is needed to be counted toward the group tally? Looks like some do steps, and I don't see many posting calories.

Jenn

That looks great, and go ahead and add steps as well. My co-captain @ashleycarole86 keeps track of the exercise stats and makes amazing reports every week. She has a formula to convert exercise minutes to an equivalent number of steps so that those who are tracking steps and those who are doing other forms of exercise (or both) all get tracked together. She is happy with daily, weekly, or whatever reporting rhythm works best for you.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    Thanks! Is it January yet!? I am ready to go! 🥳
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @metaphysicalstudio Glad to have you joining up! As @jugar said, daily steps + all activity minutes will be counted. If you are someone that has a daily step pledge (keeping in mind your activities will be converted to steps), give me that as well as I do report stats based on consistency!

12/27 exercise:

21 minutes indoor cycling + 31 minutes yoga + 5413 steps
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks! Is it January yet!? I am ready to go! 🥳

Almost!! We will switch over to our January team chat thread on Saturday, and the weigh-ins for week 1 begin on Sunday. Which day of the week will you be using to weigh in? You can always change it later, but I'll need a day for you. Thanks!
    I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm afraid I may be showing a gain for the 2nd week in a row. 😭 These darn holidays got the best of me. I've got my meals planned out and healthy today and drinking lots of water. We'll see what my actual weigh in looks like tomorrow. 😬

You are FAR from alone. It is normal - this is a great time of the year to let go for a couple of weeks - as long as it does not drag on for much longer :grimace: You have made your plan, you will have better days, and even if tomorrow is not your fave number, soon you'll be back on track. You've got this!
  • metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    @jugar Friday is my day.
  • jugar
    Options
    @metaphysicalstudio just so you know - and anyone else who does not -

When I or @ashleycarole86 click "Insightful" on your post reporting a weight, exercise minutes, or anything we need to enter on the spreadsheet - that means we did it. It helps us know which things we have done or not, since our brains are not always.... you know....
This discussion has been closed.