Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    12/3-11,758
    12/4-5,910
    12/5-10,370

I had your steps for Dec 2nd reported in the space for the 1st, so now that I've corrected, I need your steps for Dec 1st and we'll be caught up. I looked back into the November thread and you posted on the 1st but just your weight...and the next post listed the 2nd...nothing for the 1st, so it was my error. Let me know. Thanks!
    Jess

12/1-10,706
    12/2-10,392
    Here's both just to be safe
  • angmarie28
    Options
    blhfwr8tndqd.jpg

Come on Walking/Running fans, we need to get on our game!! We just doubled our team size and I don't have even 10 walkers...what alternative universe have I stepped into!

Join the step team challenge...I just need your first name, favorite place to walk and your daily step goal...then just post your steps every few days and we're good to go. If you walk in a winter wonderland, feel free to post some pictures...it may motivate someone else to get moving. Can't wait for you to join us!!

Jessica :smile:

Im Angela
    I like to walk my dogs by the river, but I have 3 100+lb dogs, so easier said than done, haha, but I try to run most days on the treadmill, and i walk a good amount at work
    My goal is 10,000
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi @jugar. I am going to be out of the country for the next 3 weeks. My next weigh day will be Friday, December 24.

I really want to end the year on a high note so I'm going to be super diligent with tracking, walking and water.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Hi @jugar. I am going to be out of the country for the next 3 weeks. My next weigh day will be Friday, December 24.

I really want to end the year on a high note so I'm going to be super diligent with tracking, walking and water.

Have a great time!
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I’m Cheryl and happy to rejoin this group. Sounds like I’m joining at a good time… some sort of merger and a new name?! I’m sure I’ll get up to soles soon enough. I lost about 25ish lbs with the support of this group last year and took a break…not a good idea… I have gained about 10lbs back and drifted away from the healthy habits I developed. looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I could join the step challenge, but I have to wait for a few days or until next week! This is a life-with-baby problem as it’s currently too cold in here for the baby to be outdoors for anything more than mandatory transportation and errands. That’s saying a lot in a country where babies are regularly left outside to nap in their strollers. Anyway, it’s unseasonably cold right now but should warm up again in a few days.

My step goal could be, well, let’s say 8000 per day. My old favorite places to walk were by the ocean and the nearby forest, but I might have to revise my opinion after checking stroller accessible routes. Pretty much all of my walks currently include pushing a 27lb stroller plus a growing baby, what she’s bundled up in, the baby changing bag and whatever errands I may be running that day and storing in the stroller.

Today I’m going to walk to the nearby mall to get some bloodwork done at the medical center there, and then I’m going to try to shop for a dress to wear at our daughter’s Christening next week. It’s going to be interesting to try to find something that would look decent for more than just this one occasion, as my body is currently changing so fast. I’m losing the baby weight at 2-ish lbs per week, my boobs have swelled up to ridiculously big due to breastfeeding, and the dress needs to give me decent access to make milk pumping possible. (Side note in case new team mates want to know - our baby refuses to eat from anything that isn’t a bottle, so I’m exclusively pumping. I make enough milk to donate to the local hospital, so it’s a lot of work to pump all of it. I’m currently sitting here pumping and writing, and then I get to go back to bed for a couple more hours.)
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My apologies, was reading the thread and posted in the wrong place 😅
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Monday, December 06

Exercise: gym
    Net calories: 485
    Protein: 40 (low)
    Steps: 13.771 / 11.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had a busy Monday with a lot of errands. The gym went well and I was able to do the plank leg raises pain free, so hopefully it won't give me any more problems. After I went home and got a shower, I went to the vet to pick up some things for Tinus and to make an appointment with the groomer. Dropped off a package I got on Saturday with something I never ordered and since I was out and about anyway, I also got my groceries so I don't have to go anywhere today. Food was a bit of a struggle because I was just never hungry and there was nothing I wanted to eat. I ate around 9:45 before the gym, and then forced myself to eat something at 15:45; I still wasn't hungry at this point. These meds sure are causing some weird things. Today will be a lazy and relaxing day. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Shnerb00
    Tuesday
    PW : 141
    CW: 144.2

SW160.0

Well here’s the evidence I need to be working with this group for support and accountability. Not entirely sure how accurate my previous weight was but I am 10 lbs more than I was when I stopped logging in to MFP a few months ago. This upward trend needs to get turned around!

I’ll join the step challenge— I have a very sedentary job and I’m just trying to successfully rebuild some habits so I’m going to start with a goal of 8000. My favourite place to walk right now is on my treadmill as it’s very cold here but my favourite place to walk overall is at the lake.

Have a good day everyone!

• angmarie28
    Options
    12/6-11,347
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

Continuing the step challenge - upping my goal a little to 7k/daily:
    12/1 - 6559
    12/2 - 7100
    12/3 - 7150
    12/4 - 8457
    12/5 - 4955
    12/6 - 5794

*Note: Been fighting a cold since Monday, so I haven't been as active - hopefully I'll be back on track soon.
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

I am trying to understand the step challenge, I thought it was a spreadsheet? Anyhow, I walk with my dog Frank, the pumpkin spice colored pibble. I sometimes walk to stores when the hubby is at work, and sometimes dr's appts. I have been actively working towards a 5 mile a day goal via mapmywalk (I do not count all my steps in a day - only when I am on a walk). I love our morning walks, they are on a trail that passes our duck pond, and follows one of the millions of bayous in our city. Including many birds that come through here on migration!! I am currently trying to figure out two species of water fowl that I don't recognize. I try to get pictures, but as the birds are usually up high and away, the pics are generally horrible. I will still try to share some pics, especially when the tractors and cement trucks move out - they are fixing a t-intersection at our bayou right now.

Goal: 10,000 steps

Dec 1: 13,454
    Dec 2: 18,428
    Dec 3: 13,303
    Dec 4: 14,382
    Dec 5: 13,370
    Dec 6: 14,331
    Dec 7: 12,965
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,111 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I could join the step challenge, but I have to wait for a few days or until next week! This is a life-with-baby problem as it’s currently too cold in here for the baby to be outdoors for anything more than mandatory transportation and errands. That’s saying a lot in a country where babies are regularly left outside to nap in their strollers. Anyway, it’s unseasonably cold right now but should warm up again in a few days.

My step goal could be, well, let’s say 8000 per day. My old favorite places to walk were by the ocean and the nearby forest, but I might have to revise my opinion after checking stroller accessible routes. Pretty much all of my walks currently include pushing a 27lb stroller plus a growing baby, what she’s bundled up in, the baby changing bag and whatever errands I may be running that day and storing in the stroller.

@hipari I have you down for the step challenge. Remember, you can walk indoors...do a walk video, dance, walk to music, etc...bet the baby would love some dance/bounce (not after eating of course) LOL...when I get home from work, I sometimes walk in place while watching a movie, the news, etc...so remember that's an option when you can't get outside...Leslie Sansone videos on youtube are amazing!

Take care!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

I am trying to understand the step challenge, I thought it was a spreadsheet? Anyhow, I walk with my dog Frank, the pumpkin spice colored pibble. I sometimes walk to stores when the hubby is at work, and sometimes dr's appts. I have been actively working towards a 5 mile a day goal via mapmywalk (I do not count all my steps in a day - only when I am on a walk). I love our morning walks, they are on a trail that passes our duck pond, and follows one of the millions of bayous in our city. Including many birds that come through here on migration!! I am currently trying to figure out two species of water fowl that I don't recognize. I try to get pictures, but as the birds are usually up high and away, the pics are generally horrible. I will still try to share some pics, especially when the tractors and cement trucks move out - they are fixing a t-intersection at our bayou right now.

Goal: 10,000 steps

Dec 1: 13,454
    Dec 2: 18,428
    Dec 3: 13,303
    Dec 4: 14,382
    Dec 5: 13,370
    Dec 6: 14,331
    Dec 7: 12,965

Hi @justanotherloser007 The step challenge pits you against all of the others...at the end of the month, I announce one weekly winner of who had the most steps...and an overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for the month. It also allows you to challenge others (if you choose to), set some mini goals, daily goals, etc...some people try to increase their steps each day during the week...the whole thought is to be more active...and as you increase your levels, the next month, you can increase your goals. Myself, I also incorporate "intentional walking" which means I set aside time each day to walk, in addition to my step count goal each day...to try and do a number of intentional miles each month. December, I'm shooting for 35 miles. I did 32 in November...started way back in July with 20 miles.

I need your first name for the chart and we're good to go...just remember to post your steps every few days. The step challenge spreadsheet is located just beneath, but on the same sheet as the weights are recorded...just scroll down! Good luck!

@shnerb00 WELCOME BACK, my friend!!! So glad you're back with us...always loved your positive posts!! Welcome to the step challenge too!

@Yukie_OP I changed your goal!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Night all...really busy day at work...got the spreadsheets caught up...made a few postings, but gotta get to bed...got my walking done tonight after teaching piano...whew, I'm worn out. TTYL!
    Jess :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, December 07

Exercise: no
    Net calories: 1038
    Protein: 26 (very bad)
    Steps: 11.570 / 11.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had a lazy day as planned with a lot of random food. Mostly chocolate and crackers, very nutritious! I am out of the chocolate now, so I will do better today. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 is there a specific format to post steps to the challenge?

Either way, here’s the start:
    5.12. 7538
    6.12. 5960
    7.12. 8055

It was a holiday weekend as I mentioned, so more sitting at the dinner table and less running errands.

By the way, I went to check the spreadsheet to see how te step challenge works, and noticed I’ve been dropped from the support squad as well. Completely understandable as a human pregnancy is a long time to just randomly hang around, but wanted to let you know as I do plan on rejoining the weight loss challenge in January. I used to also be a motivator for Shrinking Assets but my quitting that position was never actually discussed - I just noticed I’m no longer listed ;) that’s of course very fine as I haven’t been in the weight loss team in a while and I think it’s better for the team to have a motivator that walks the walk instead of just talking the talk, but you could probably persuade me to take that job again if needed. The milk pumping situation forces me to sit upright for 3+ hours per day, and I tend to spend it on my iPad and, lately, hanging around the internet so might as well check in here.
This discussion has been closed.